Author Topic: [GB] Melody65 - Orders concluded  (Read 20741 times)

Offline Roddin

Re: [GB] Melody65 | New update | <30 UNITS
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 23:05:48 »
nice !

Offline chaehwasu

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 10:03:23 »
Is the number of units of Chinese GB and global GB different?
Already sold out at kbdfans.com, but still available for purchase at the Chinese version of kbdfans.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 12:42:26 »
Is the number of units of Chinese GB and global GB different?
Already sold out at kbdfans.com, but still available for purchase at the Chinese version of kbdfans.

I can't access the kbdfans.cn because it redirects me (i need a vpn for that) but i can tell you that it was 500+25 units globally, not per region.
I think we sold slightly more units (e.g. 530 +25) to cover eventual cancels and because they forgot to close, but in general the limit is global

I still see the one on ".com" available, it should have been closed yesterday but i still see it open 
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 November 2020, 12:44:06 by KaosJ »

Offline chaehwasu

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 19:10:10 »
Chinese kbdfan is kbdfans.store
I want to buy two of melody65 but it was already sold out. So i connect to kbdfans.store and i found i can buy melody which is already sold out from kbdfans.com. i bought two melody65 at there. And i am worried about they cancel my order because of over-counted order

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 19:22:47 »
Chinese kbdfan is kbdfans.store
I want to buy two of melody65 but it was already sold out. So i connect to kbdfans.store and i found i can buy melody which is already sold out from kbdfans.com. i bought two melody65 at there. And i am worried about they cancel my order because of over-counted order

If you are able to buy, they won't cancel, probably he closes the gb with different timing. 

Basically he closed the gb correctly and the limit is reached, but if someone cancels their order, that specific configuration (e.g. one single color + one specific bottom) will return back, untill someone buys it. So you may see that is not sold-out externally from the melody65 page, but when you enter only one specific configuration might be available and the other are all soldout.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2020, 00:54:45 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

Re: [GB] Melody65 - Orders concluded
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 10:25:56 »
grats on the GB  :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 02:04:44 »
2~4 people refunded their order, so if anyone is interested, these units returned available (probably until 20 November)

Offline karateyes

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 16:08:02 »
I ordered the wrong case+plate foam. I have a uni version board, but accidentally ordered the hotswap foam version. Is there a big difference between the 2, or will it still comply with the uni version board?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 09:41:42 »
I ordered the wrong case+plate foam. I have a uni version board, but accidentally ordered the hotswap foam version. Is there a big difference between the 2, or will it still comply with the uni version board?

Just get in contact with Kbdfans and ask to change from hotswap-foams to universal foams, there will be no problem to change it, yes these foams will be different, the cuts will be precise to fit between components, stabs, hotswap sockets, etc... 
If you don't solve the swap thing, write me back (in dm possibly)   
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 November 2020, 09:44:30 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 22:30:28 »
one day...u shall arrive  :eek:

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 12:53:24 »
Hey by any chance do you know the final dimensions for the front height and length.
I wanted to make some wrist rest if possible.
Thank you for your time.

Offline Fisher

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 07:51:17 »
That's so cool! I like it!!! ;D ;D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 04:05:54 »
Hey by any chance do you know the final dimensions for the front height and length.
I wanted to make some wrist rest if possible.
Thank you for your time.

Keyboard dimension are mentioned in this update:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109263.msg2976974#msg2976974

Offline 小太阳

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 03:50:04 »
interesting  ;)

Offline yuejia

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 00:54:39 »
Thatís what I want!!! Amazing stuff!!!

Offline keenblack

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 04:06:30 »
Happy New Year 2021. How is the GB progress going? Can I get a sample or an estimated delivery schedule?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 04:54:39 »
Happy New Year 2021. How is the GB progress going? Can I get a sample or an estimated delivery schedule?

Hello and Happy new year mate!
I don't have any other estimation apart the first one which was more or less end march.  I could have a better one in the next weeks 

Also, production started :) 

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 12:35:11 »
Great news  :thumb:

Offline Roddin

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 05:53:12 »
woof! can't wait for the keyboard. only piece missing from the new pc setup. lol

Offline keenblack

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 22:02:13 »
It's March soon. What's the progress? This GB doesn't have a discode, so it's hard to ask you a question or hear anything new. I want new news and new photos. We said production started in January, so please post pictures of FE models and regular models now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2021, 22:04:43 by keenblack »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 05:02:01 »
It's March soon. What's the progress? This GB doesn't have a discode, so it's hard to ask you a question or hear anything new. I want new news and new photos. We said production started in January, so please post pictures of FE models and regular models now.

I asked an update to Wei and will get back to you. I didn't update anywhere because i don't have an update yet and i was waiting for their festivals to end in order to ask again. 
Theorically China should still be in the festival events until 26 afaik, but cny should be concluded so i asked and i believe Wei will reply soon.

We saw PC sample that i can't share yet because don't have any good picture of it and because is unfrosted. Also saw the brass coating. I asked wei for new photos of the rest, if they have. 

Will update asap when i have news
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 05:17:16 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:15:02 »
Pics! i want pics  :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 14:36:41 »
Here is an update and the discord on the bottom. 
Most of the factories re-started to work this week after CNY. Apparently, in mid-january when they asked if they could start the production, the actual production of cases didn't started because they had to do multiple tweaks, especially on PCB and bottom part of the case to make it more feasible to CNC (apparently was too prone to break CNC tips)   

In the current state we have:
  • Foams tweaked, ordered and in production. 
  • PCBs ordered after all the tweaks, not sure if in queue of production or in production, but order was sent. The final PCB will be black, they updated the connectors to motherboard and removed the unused extra connector.
    The connector between main pcb and daughterboard will be this: https://i.imgur.com/X8kYaDK.png   
  • Case tweaked multiple times, especially bottom, still in the pre-production stage teorically. If the last minor tweak they did (should arrive exactly these days) goes well, after testing, the actual production of cases will start as well.

They said PCBs and everything will end a lot sooner than case parts and that the harder part will be again brass parts (probably brass coating, for that they changed factory).
For now i must stick with the same 5-6 months bare estimation that i said from the start (i'm not sure if it's from start of GB or from end of GB at this point), but I asked for a more detailed estimation for the end of the production and i should have one this week, so i will definetely keep you updated on this.

Meanwhile i can show you 2 photos of an early sample (january) of the full PC case, which was tweaked now (keep in mind that the final one will be frosted)
More
Ignore the connector on the pcb

And this will be the coating of the brass parts (not a melody in the video)
More

I will show you other when i have other, CNY is over so Wei will keep me updated on this. They are definetely working on this and they have it in the priority list, now that all the festivals ended (almost) things will start to go faster.     
Also i hear you, we need a discord. For now i didn't made any personal discord for the Melody65, but temporary you can use this https://discord.gg/z2eZq6VT, i promise to post all the updates here on GH, discord and reddit.
It is the discord of the italian community but there is a project section and there is the Melody65.

Stay tuned, there will be other updates in the next days, especially on more accurate estimation for the production end, probably also some pics. If you have any other question, feel free to ask here or in pm, as you prefer 
Cheers   
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2021, 15:14:17 by KaosJ »

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 13:11:35 »
Ty for the update.  :thumb: