Author Topic: Help with feeds and speeds and parameters to run on my Tormach 440  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Di5gui5edW0lf

• Divine Keyboards
    • Divine Keyboards
Hello GeekHack Community,

So I recently invested in a Tormach 440 in order to mill my prototypes, and also to help others in the community with prototyping their designs in the future. So yesterday I went to run my first part through the mill the initial cut/dive into the 6061 went smooth, however when it started to open up that initial cut/adaptive clearing the bottom cavity of the bottom part of the case the program would crash and the spindle and EM would get stuck in the 6061. Right now I am running a 3/8th square EM Garr with Alumastar coating to repel the aluminum. Here are my feed & speed settings currently. Does anyone in the community have any insight or help with what params I should be running?

Offline nevin

Re: Help with feeds and speeds and parameters to run on my Tormach 440
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 13:53:40 »
befriending someone at a local machine shop might be a great help. most of these guys/gals have tons of experience with these type of parameters, and i wouldn't be surprised if they'd be able to rattle off the speeds/numbers off the top of their head for different materials.

might be closely guarded secrets here. hopefully someone here has some experience to share.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68