Author Topic: new gamepad  (Read 815 times)

Offline NeckBasket

new gamepad
« on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 14:50:54 »
I really do love my Razer orbweaver for gaming, but its slowly falling apart (pretty much all the rubber is coming unglued) and I wanted to start looking into new options before it dies. I just like having as much of my mousepad free as possible since I play on a low DPI. I am still pretty new to the community so I definitely am not at the point where I could just make my own yet, but I would be willing to learn. I was looking for suggestions on something similar that would include the same about of keys (26 with a D-pad).

it just has the perfect form and layout for me, but razer has stopped making them for the time being. I see mixed reviews of the Tartarus Pro so I am just not too sure about moving to that once this thing dies. but it would be super cool if I could find a way to put together my own with my choice of switches.

Offline yui

Re: new gamepad
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 03:01:17 »
if you already know a bit about soldering building one is not hard, although i do not know of any keyboard with a d-pad, split and half keyboards are not that uncommon, Matias has one for example, and there are the split ergo keyboards that look like 2 of your orbweavers with keys instead of the d-pad, and if you look online you can find refurbished orbweavers if you really want that "keyboard" in particular
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)