Author Topic: TX87se just died?  (Read 1439 times)

Offline warmsoda

TX87se just died?
« on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 12:27:53 »
Hey everyone,

I have a TX87se that I was in the middle of using today and just entirely stopped working out of the blue. No lights on the TX logo, no connectivity through USB, not showing up in USB BUS, tried different cables. I’ve never connected it through the firmware utility before.

Anyone have any thoughts or tricks I can try?

Offline warmsoda

Re: TX87se just died?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:36:27 »
Update: Just got home and plugged it into  my Windows computer at home and can see it under "Devices" as "Unkown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Can't seem to connect it to any of the FW Tools or Mappers, either.

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 19:34:06 »
Sounds like it's a microcontroller issue. In my experience; it's dead. I had a GH60 do the same. Does QMK Toolbox detect it?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 19:42:04 »
Does not sound good.  Did you contact TX support?

not sure if they plan to restock the newer suo PCB's but that would be your best bet for replacement to support the TX logo.

Offline warmsoda

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 20:12:21 »
@King Icewind Thanks, I don't think the suo PCB uses QMK, but I tried and it's not detecting it in QMK Toolkit. It's probably shot.

@pixelpusher Yea I sent them a message, just waiting on their response. I'll keep my fingers crossed on the PCB.

Offline yui

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 03:53:24 »
to me it also look like controller but there is remote chance that it would be a bad contact in the USB cable/connector, although i would expect that the keyboard would try to initialize even with bad power or no data and flash the lights, if you have a spare cable i would try that
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)