Author Topic: Can anyone help me out? U80-A issues.  (Read 2437 times)

Offline kevinyvng

Can anyone help me out? U80-A issues.
« on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 20:49:02 »
Hey guys, I got a ramaworks' u80-a keyboard couple months ago from r/mechmarket.
Just today my u80-a randomly stopped working after booting up my computer.
Did anything short circuited my board? I cannot find any information about this from online searches.
Since I purchased this from a private seller, I think I'm out of luck with warranty...
Any helps / advice? Thanks.

Offline Atomical

Re: Can anyone help me out? U80-A issues.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 01:12:31 »
Doesn’t Rama sell extra pcbs? At worst you’ll have to desolder and replace the switches on to a new pcb.

Offline DoctorNunu

• Masterworks
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 05:28:15 »
Hey guys, I got a ramaworks' u80-a keyboard couple months ago from r/mechmarket.
Did anything short circuited my board? I cannot find any information about this from online searches.
Since I purchased this from a private seller, I think I'm out of luck with warranty...

Please provide some more info regarding your troubleshooting:

- Does the computer recognize the device? (IE, does it make the "connection/handshake" sound?)
  - If not; Is there an error message present?
- Have you tried a different USB port?
- Have you tried a different cable?
- Have you checked if the JST cable is plugged in correctly to the daughterboard and on the motherboard?

Offline Bodhief

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 11:42:43 »
While I don't have a RAMA U80, something like this happened to one of my boards.  I had to do a hard reset of the PCB and then everything works fine.  It may have been electrical surge that messed up the PCB a bit.  I'm not sure on the RAMA, but on my MKIII, just put a pin in the PCB where the "RST" is.

Offline yui

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 01:20:56 »
mechanical keyboard are meant to be shorted, it is what the switches do, so very unlikely the issue there is you did not work on the usb part of the board.
and if it did work for months to me it smells of ESD or windows update, both could make anything fail, ESD definitively as you would have fried the controller or if you are lucky it just messed up the firmware and you can flash it, windows update you may just need to re-update the drivers.
to be honest with the information you gave us we can only ever give you very generic advice, if you want better we need more/better information. good luck
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)