Author Topic: Need help troubleshooting XD60 V2  (Read 933 times)

Offline huskyhunter

Need help troubleshooting XD60 V2
« on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 21:48:55 »
Hi, first time mechanical keyboard owner here, it was given to by a kind radditor and i love it.

a month ago while i was using the keyboard the ctrl,alt and win keys stopped working.

What i have tried.
Cleaning the switches with alcohol and replacing it with a working switch.

And it lead me to believe its the pcb thats faulty. I was told that the worse case would be that i would have to trace the pcb and jump a wire from a working switch.
I have never done that I would like to know on how to jump a wire and get it working. Is it possible trace the pcb without removing the plate. I cant remove the aluminum bracket cause that one switch has one thick leg. If theres better way to get the pcb working that would be great as well. Let me know if you need more information. added the images on imgur since i couldnt upload it here. https://imgur.com/a/QUH53VE

Thank you :)

« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2020, 22:09:28 by huskyhunter »

Online suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Need help troubleshooting XD60 V2
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 11:40:59 »
Man that PCB looks like it's had a hard life.  Or maybe it's just really dirty?  From the state of the stabilisers I'll go with dirty and assume you're an expert desolderer.

If three switches in the bottom row don't work you probably have a break on the diode -> row connection so soldering a wire between the top of D15 near the dead switch and the top of D30 on the spacebar switches should fix all of them.  Diodes are pretty tough but try not to overheat them as they're not invincible.

Also give those stabs a clean and they will surely be smoother, I'd suggest you take it outside with some compressed air and a toothpick as it's going to get messy!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline huskyhunter

Re: Need help troubleshooting XD60 V2
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 13:53:02 »
Man that PCB looks like it's had a hard life.  Or maybe it's just really dirty?  From the state of the stabilisers I'll go with dirty and assume you're an expert desolderer.

If three switches in the bottom row don't work you probably have a break on the diode -> row connection so soldering a wire between the top of D15 near the dead switch and the top of D30 on the spacebar switches should fix all of them.  Diodes are pretty tough but try not to overheat them as they're not invincible.

Also give those stabs a clean and they will surely be smoother, I'd suggest you take it outside with some compressed air and a toothpick as it's going to get messy!

Thanks for replying and sorry for getting back to you this late. Ill try soldering a wire between D15 and D30 and see if it getting working and let you know. As for the dust its been laying around for few months so it collected some dust ill try cleaning and lubing the stabelizers. I really hope this works i really miss my mech keyboard.

Thanks again :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 January 2021, 13:55:06 by huskyhunter »