Author Topic: Where is the firmware for Rama Works M65-A?  (Read 2226 times)

Offline pmdbt

• KeebsForAll Storefront
Where is the firmware for Rama Works M65-A?
« on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 19:11:38 »
Hey guys, I just bought a second hand Rama Works M65-A from mechmarket. I wanted to remap a few keys, so I plugged it in and opened up VIA, but VIA doesn't seem to recognize the board. So, I went on QMK to look for a firmware that I can use for flashing, but all I can see are the M60, M65-B, and M65-Bx.

Does anyone know where the firmware is for M65-A? I feel like I'm missing something super simple and that I'll facepalm later. Any help would be appreciated :)
ID80, Rama M65-A, Black Inks V2

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Where is the firmware for Rama Works M65-A?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 19:29:43 »
I know that the Rama M65-A came with a bootmapper PCB and a QMK PCB. This keyboard hasn't been ported to VIA. So you can't use VIA on this PCB.
You have to program it the old school way by having a QMK environment and compile your hex file and then flash it.

I think this is your PCB?
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/jc65
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline pmdbt

• KeebsForAll Storefront
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 20:08:28 »
I know that the Rama M65-A came with a bootmapper PCB and a QMK PCB. This keyboard hasn't been ported to VIA. So you can't use VIA on this PCB.
You have to program it the old school way by having a QMK environment and compile your hex file and then flash it.

I think this is your PCB?
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/jc65

Thanks for finding this for me! I used the v32a for the jc65 because I saw that the board had rgb earlier. I compiled the hex file and flashed it using QMK toolbox. Now the board is not even being recognized when I plug it in and I have no idea how to enter flashing mode again on it :(

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 20:31:45 »
- Jc65/v32u4 has a reset button on the back.
- ps2avrgb does not

You can try to hold left CTRL and plug it in see if that puts it back into bootloader mode.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline pmdbt

• KeebsForAll Storefront
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 21:02:58 »
- Jc65/v32u4 has a reset button on the back.
- ps2avrgb does not

You can try to hold left CTRL and plug it in see if that puts it back into bootloader mode.

Thank you! I've fixed the issue thanks to your help and I'm typing this on the M65-A as we speak :)

It turns out that even though it has RGB, the PCB was still the v32u4 one and not the ps2avrgb one. So, I unscrewed the bottom and found the reset button on the back of the pcb and was able to put it back into bootloader mode. I flashed a new firmware using the jc65_v32u4 version on QMK and now it's all good.

I hope this helps someone in the future if they run into the same issue.