Author Topic: Rama Works Resale Value  (Read 1804 times)

Offline mitsy

Rama Works Resale Value
« on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 17:59:23 »
Hi everybody, I’m a new user here and I’m not sure if this topic is appropriate, so please let me know if it isn’t, but my question is regarding the resale value of my Rama Works keyboard that should be arriving within the next few weeks or so.

The exact keyboard in question is the M60-A LNY edition in the Race color way. Although it looks beautiful, I have been out of work for sometime due to COVID and unfortunately need to sell it BNIB for the money.

I’ve tried to find information on what  would be a fair price to list it for resale, but I’ve seen prices vary anywhere from $500 to $1,200 in asking price. Can anybody recommend a good starting point to think about for listing? I obviously want to try and get as much as I can for it, but I also don’t want to come off as somebody who’s trying to price gouge — and I also don’t want to give somebody else the opportunity to buy it for lower than what it could get and flip it for profit in return.

Thanks!

Offline DoctorNunu

• Masterworks
Re: Rama Works Resale Value
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 01:03:33 »
Hi everybody, I’m a new user here and I’m not sure if this topic is appropriate, so please let me know if it isn’t, but my question is regarding the resale value of my Rama Works keyboard that should be arriving within the next few weeks or so.

The exact keyboard in question is the M60-A LNY edition in the Race color way. Although it looks beautiful, I have been out of work for sometime due to COVID and unfortunately need to sell it BNIB for the money.

I’ve tried to find information on what  would be a fair price to list it for resale, but I’ve seen prices vary anywhere from $500 to $1,200 in asking price. Can anybody recommend a good starting point to think about for listing? I obviously want to try and get as much as I can for it, but I also don’t want to come off as somebody who’s trying to price gouge — and I also don’t want to give somebody else the opportunity to buy it for lower than what it could get and flip it for profit in return.

Thanks!

Look through posts on r/mechmarket and see which ones have sold. Don't refer to the asking price if the post(s) are still live, if noone buys them for the asking price they are overvalued.
Check for recent sales and what the current state is

Offline mrvco

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 16:10:37 »
You'll see them built in excellent condition selling in the $900 range.  Being NIB and in that color, I expect you'll be able to get a bit of a premium over that though.

Offline mitsy

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 05:10:14 »
Thank you both! And mrvco, your specific estimate lines up well with what my intuition has been telling me based off of other previously sold Rama products I've seen, so thanks again!