Author Topic: How do I get pcbs to go with a board I designed?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Jparis1138

How do I get pcbs to go with a board I designed?
« on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 16:14:11 »
Hello, this is my first ever custom build and I have finished my design and I'm currently having it 3d printed to make sure everything is correct. However, I'm not sure how to get a custom pcb to go along with my board. I know building my own is an option but was wondering if there was companies that manufacture pbcs as I assume they are mass produced for group buys. Yet I have no idea if I'm completely wrong about this so I would really appreciate it if someone could explain it to me. Thanks.

Offline PJE

How do I get pcbs to go with a board I designed?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 16:44:23 »
I use JLCPCB.com to make the PCBs, and they can surface mount components at a reasonable rate. I now use KiCAD to make the PCB design files as there seems to be more support for it than my old PCB package - EasyPC.

Offline Rayndalf

Re: How do I get pcbs to go with a board I designed?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 16:45:19 »
2nd for JLCPCB

JLCPCB can manufacture PCBs pretty cheaply. You can either make a PCB with through hole diodes that uses a pro micro or make a SMD PCB with an Atmega32u4 and surface mounted diodes. JLCPCB will do SMD assembly if you have a BOM and pick and place file.