Author Topic: Kailh Choc keycaps?  (Read 203 times)

Offline vanquishings

Kailh Choc keycaps?
« on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 23:02:24 »
Any baller 3d printers that have made any decent choc keycaps?

Working on a handwired build with these for couch surfing, and I'm desperately in need of a 1.75U choc keycap. I'm not sure they exist. But I've seen just about every other width.

Would be more than willing to toss a few bones if someone handy in design could whip up an STL for me to print off.

Or if you know someone who has the files out there, send me their way.

Thanks.

Offline fpazos

Re: Kailh Choc keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 00:45:12 »
These aren't difficult to find https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=Kailh+choc&type=things&sort=relevant

Just play with the horizontal expansion on your slicer program to find the perfect fit.

Edit: just forget to say that these keycaps stems are quite fragile. Try not to change them.  Use tweezers if a stem breaks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2021, 00:58:42 by fpazos »

Offline vanquishings

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 15:21:44 »
These aren't difficult to find https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=Kailh+choc&type=things&sort=relevant

Just play with the horizontal expansion on your slicer program to find the perfect fit.

Edit: just forget to say that these keycaps stems are quite fragile. Try not to change them.  Use tweezers if a stem breaks.

I appreciate the reply! I had already looked there, actually. I was hoping I'd luck out and find someone that's done a 1.75U key, already. As I'm dreadfully unable to design much of anything. Totally inept levels. It's bad.

I'll take another look and see if I can get lucky before I start trying to understand slicer programs and horizontal expansion values...  :-[

Offline fpazos

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 01:07:39 »
Since 1.75u keycaps havent stabs it is quite easy to modify a design. For modifying stl files I use Blender which is free (edit mode, select the vertex and move them).
If you own a 3d printer I encourage you to learn the basics of both, a cad and poligonal 3d program. Really you wouldn't need to learn a lot and you'll be able to design a lot of useful stuff for you. If something breaks, use a cheap caliper, meassure, copy and print.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk