Author Topic: Will this pcb design work?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Kageni

Will this pcb design work?
« on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 16:44:45 »
I designed a split keyboard, based off the mitosis wireless split keyboard but with a 2 au key. Will this pcb design work the way I want it to, so that I only have to design one pcb that I can just rotate 180 degrees and not solder in two switches to have it work for both sides?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Will this pcb design work?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 17:27:28 »
Usually you would make the 2u keys share one of the 1u positions in the matrix, and why are some switches sideways?  Also (without zooming in because my phone says no today) it looks like you have 4 holes on the side to join the halves?  If you rotate one you will need a really long wire so probably best to duplacate them too, if that's what it is.

The idea is sound :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Kageni

Re: Will this pcb design work?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 10:03:24 »
So eliminate two switches from my matrix, and route one 1u and one 2u to the same diode on my pcb?

Haha the pcb has rotated switches so that I could fit the Bluetooth module and battery holders on the back while keeping the pcb square shaped, so I wouldn't have to flip the pcb to use both halves, only rotate it. I only have a BT module on the pcb, with a separate promicro receiver attached to a third BT module. The two halves theoretically wont need to be attached by any wires to work and will communicate via BT.

I work in the hospital and I designed it like this so that I could keep it in the pocket of my white coat and wouldn't have to keep using disgusting hospital keyboards when I go around to various patient rooms. Some of the keyboards at my hospital have keys that have begun to melt from being cleaned and used so many times.