Author Topic: found Selectric III  (Read 1827 times)

Offline williamjoseph

found Selectric III
« on: Fri, 13 August 2010, 12:48:15 »
There is a Selectric III typewriter for sale at the Jefferson City Missouri GoodWill Store on Missouri Blvd. Tested it, works, neeks major cleaning and lube. Lacking typeing ball.

Offline wellington1869

found Selectric III
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 August 2010, 12:50:04 »
are you buying it?
if you do, post a youtube video. You can set the selectric soundtrack to old wwii footage of anti aircraft fire over london.  :)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline williamjoseph

found Selectric III
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 August 2010, 01:51:06 »
i am quite aware of the complexity of the selectric series. I have 2 selectric II machines. One that i obtained for free that was siezed up, and another for $40 working that i cleaned and lubed myself. I have used parts from the one that doesnt work to repair the one that does. not terribly hard when you take pics as you dissassemble.

The only reason i didnt pickup the Selectric III model, is that my boss "wife" would have skinned me alaive.  

was thinking of a home project to hook up the selectric to a pedal flywheel assembly like on the oldtime sewing machines. that would be fun.

The

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
found Selectric III
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 14 August 2010, 07:26:55 »
You could harvest the keycaps for a Beam Spring keyboard...

*troll smile*

Offline didjamatic

found Selectric III
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 14 August 2010, 09:35:32 »
I've passed on a Selectric I and a III and wish I would have bought the III.  It was an awesome green machine.  The last typewriter I got is similar to this 1930's Royal but mine has a few more features.  A relative has a Selectric II they've used since the 80's for checks and it's fantastic.

IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4