Author Topic: Electronics Plus Warehouse Cleanout  (Read 1373 times)

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
Electronics Plus Warehouse Cleanout
« on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 18:37:18 »
Please Donate! https://www.gofundme.com/f/electronics-plus
Over $3000 raised of $1000 goal. WOW!

As some of you will recall, here in Texas, we've had an unprecedented winter storm. Some have fared better than others.

Perhaps some of you have purchased a vintage keyboard from Cindy at Electronics Plus. Well, the warehouse suffered a flood. A pipe burst in the ceiling. Much of their inventory is water logged. Much of it will be written off. On top of family health problems that Cindy has been facing, this could be the end.  :'(

I visited the warehouse this past Thursday and rescued some items. Check out the video for more details.

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
Re: Electronics Plus Warehouse Cleanout
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 18:42:50 »
I have eight tubs of keyboards in the garage right now. The dehumidifier is running. Nothing is for sale, please don't ask! But, yes, some F122s will be on the market soon. I am planning to run a silent auction for those. But first I need to make sure they are completely dry, that all the key caps are present, and that they pass basic tests. Patience!

263210-0

I need to discuss next steps with elecplus but we had talked about me bringing the Keyboard Trailer to the warehouse. I had joked that they could haul 1000 Model Ms. We may well put that to the test. The consist is standing ready but I need to wait for fair weather before making the run.

263212-1

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 19:28:46 »
It was so sad to hear what's happened to Cindy's warehouse. I've made a small contribution to the rescue fund, but all in all, I hope that things will resolve for Cindy / Elec. Plus and her family. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers, XMIT, for helping out!

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 19:37:47 »
Thank you so much LightningXI!

I don't mean to be vague, simply to respect others' privacy: Cindy probably won't be running the warehouse much longer. We're trying to be creative about ways to keep the spirit of Electronics Plus alive: vintage keyboards at reasonable prices. This means more of an online presence, and for Cindy, moving more from hands-on, day-to-day warehouse operations to more delegation.

What I'm doing now is simply warehousing items for Electronics Plus. My goal is to get things away from water damage as quickly as possible and go from there.

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 08:20:25 »
Just a couple quick photos from yesterday's final warehouse cleanout. There is still a ton there but I don't think I'm making a second trip.

This is what a landscape trailer half-full of mostly Model Ms looks like.

263788-0

Final shot of the inside of the warehouse. I don't think I can stand the mold smell much longer.

263790-1

Model F 122 key keyboard dehydrating in my garage. They're all in great condition!

263792-2

Thanks again to all who donated! :thumb: Not selling anything yet, need to get some other stuff figured out first.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 17:52:38 »
Hope that stuff gets rescued and doesn't wind up in a recycling center :(