Author Topic: KBD67 lite alternative  (Read 2090 times)

Offline fnj

KBD67 lite alternative
« on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 09:43:13 »
Hi, I really like the design of the KBD67 lite. Unfortunatly it is only available with the ANSI layout, while I am looking into getting a ISO-DE keyboard.

Are there any similar looking boards in a similar price bracket? It does not need to be a kit, i would also be okay with building it myself if you have any recomendations regarding cases or pcbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Leopard223

Re: KBD67 lite alternative
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 11:22:48 »
Hi, I really like the design of the KBD67 lite. Unfortunatly it is only available with the ANSI layout, while I am looking into getting a ISO-DE keyboard.

Are there any similar looking boards in a similar price bracket? It does not need to be a kit, i would also be okay with building it myself if you have any recomendations regarding cases or pcbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What do you mean by design? case and layout design or mounting system design?
You can contact KBDFans to see if they'll offer an ISO layout in R3.

If the layout and the gasket mount only interest you then there's the MW65 if you're familiar with TaoBao, an stacked acrylic gasket mount board.

A sandwich mount with the 67 layout with a blocker is the BM65, though it's not gasket and it's design is the sam eas the NJ68.

If you're looking for gasket mounted boards there are the Portico, Ikki68 Aurora, unsure if they're available or will be.

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 12:02:34 »
"Hi, 

There will be ISO layout KBD67 lite R3 in the future."

This was a reply from support@kbdfans back in March.
I'm also waiting for it!

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 10:25:52 »
I can't find where I saw this but R3 should be in Q3 of this year.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 06:55:17 »
I can't find where I saw this but R3 should be in Q3 of this year.

From what has been said on their Discord it appears to be happening around Thanksgiving/Black Friday of this year.