Author Topic: Portable induction hub?  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Naweo

Portable induction hub?
« on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 15:58:19 »
Hey,

2 of my 4 electric cooker hubs are broken and I was thinking about buying a single or double portable induction hub at least until my landlord can get to switch it. Anyone who thinks it could be worth it?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: Portable induction hub?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 20:58:19 »
Hey,

2 of my 4 electric cooker hubs are broken and I was thinking about buying a single or double portable induction hub at least until my landlord can get to switch it. Anyone who thinks it could be worth it?

I have an induction stove and yes it is worth it

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 22:14:18 »
Just remember that induction hubs work only with cookware that have steel/iron in the bottom. Cast iron pans work well.
Pots made from pure aluminium don't.

Proper induction stoves are fast and energy-efficient. Beware of bad user interfaces though. All stoves I've tried have had crappy touch controls, not even multitouch.
🍉

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 08:28:29 »
Depending on whether you have good money invested in good cookware, induction may or may not be a good choice.

There is great cookware that is not magnetic as well as gear that is. Personally, I have lots of cookware that would never work with induction.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015