Author Topic: Zoom 65 or Keychron Q2  (Read 4260 times)

Offline pisspotato

Zoom 65 or Keychron Q2
« on: Mon, 14 February 2022, 01:58:07 »
Hi, I'm pretty new to this hobby and after trying out the tester 68 and modding my ducky one 2, I'd like to try a decent 65% board without breaking the bank. Im currently considering either the Zoom 65 or the Keychron Q2. I really like the Zoom 65's features and sound profile right out of the box, while I prefer the Keychron Q2's aesthetics. I'd probably use the stock switches and keycaps on the Zoom 65, but will get a barebones Q2 kit so I'll have to spend more if I choose the Q2. Is there anyone here who has tried both and could give their opinions regarding the build quality, typing experience, and overall moddability of the 2 boards.

Also, does anyone know if Keychron or Meletrix has any plans on releasing a solderable pcb in the future, or maybe a barebones Zoom 65 kit

Offline dokternik

Re: Zoom 65 or Keychron Q2
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 17:16:08 »
I wouldnt judge a keeb off sound you hear off the internet.

You can mod boards, use diff switches/etc...

Judge off layout/price/aesthetics imo

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 21:34:34 »
MKs aren't about being mature or rational... Whenever you're considering more than one of a certain kind and you can't decide, you must get all of them. All!! Buh ha ha ha!!
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline NoUbell

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 11:40:10 »
I would recommend the Zoom 65 as it has better modability and comes with more options out of the box.
I would not recommend keychron boards as they are no usually the best of quality and have less out the box modding options which leads to you spending more money.
desko is naice

Offline Leopard223

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 13:28:09 »
Something I've noticed with the Zoom65 people gloss about is it's lack of daughter board, that might be negligible but I wouldn't the USB port to tbe the hard point on my flexible board, practically wise and longevity wise.