Author Topic: Greetings from the uk  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Bunkmuffin

Greetings from the uk
« on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 14:58:35 »
Hi there

Newly joined member and hopelessly fascinated by the custom keyboard world.

So far I’ve gone to town modding my Epomaker GS68X with all the usual trimmings of foam, tape and insulation. I’ve even managed to get my Gateron Reds to sound pretty nice (I like high pitched albeit not too loud) with film, lube, new stabs (Durock v2s) etc.

Today I became the proud owner of a pair of MT3 sets (Camillo and 3277) which I’m very pleased with despite my initial concerns over them being ABS.

I’ve even got a set of Ever Glide Aqua Kings that I’ve lubed that are sat in a jar waiting for a new keyboard…Being in the uk seems to produce a few issues on supply and shipping which I hopefully I’ll be able to get some pointers from others on this forum in the lead up for me to buy a second keyboard.

I like 65 or 75% form factor. I nearly stumped for a Q1 and then a Q2 however there seem to be much prettier boards that’s are around the same price so I think I’m playing the waiting game, and am hoping this forum will provide me with notice of upcoming releases. I currently rely on YouTube channels such as Alextos and Badseed but I’m often too slow before things sell out.

Regardless of the above waffle, I’m pleased to be hear and very much enjoying this little hobby.