Author Topic: [IC] BLASTER75 by ALTAiN - 75% Top-Mount, Pen Holder Board (Price/Media Update)  (Read 8860 times)

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
B L A S T E R 7 5
DYNAMIC YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

1. Introduction

This is ALTAiN's first project, Blaster75.
A 75% layout Custom mechanical keyboard, themed after laser blasters.

A little background on our project development story - We were fascinated by 75% layout keyboard
as it has TKL functionality intact while keeping the overall size smaller. We were also keen on maintaining
minimum blank spaces around typing areas as much as possible. Thus we chose 75% layout as our first project's
major aim.

Media Coverage

1. NAOGOL (Unanodized Prototype, polished)

2. Features & Specs

Housing Material : Aluminum 6061
Plate Material : Aluminum 6061
Typing Angle : 6 degree
Weight Material : Stainless Steel - SUS304
Feet : Silicon Pad, Double-side taped
Weight when assembled : 2.3~2.4kg (~5 lb)
** See the Dimensions and Weight section below for assembly weight verification!
Colours offered : Black, Gray, Navy
* Blaster 75 will also be launching with limited Special Colour Edition, details TBD.

PCB Specs : 75% Layout, ATMega32u4 MCU, USB C-Type, ANSI/Solderable ONLY.
Layout Support :

* We are currently working on (1) finalizing our PCB Sampling, (2) completing QMK-based Firmware,
and (3) officially supporting our pcb with QMK / VIA. This will take some time to complete.
We will be updating our PCB Sample pictures as soon as they are ready,
and release the base firmware once our Discord and the firmware are both up and running. 

Dimensions and Weight:
More

Prototype is built with Aqua King (stock), Swagkey V2 Stabs (produced by JWK)

Special thanks to Blacksimon for pointing out the weight!

3. Renders
* Disclaimer:
More
Prototype photos and renders were slightly edited for colour accuracy.
Colours may appear differently depending on displays and light.

4. Prototypes (NOT A RENDER)

* Disclaimer:
More
Prototype photos and renders were slightly edited for colour accuracy.
Colours may appear differently depending on displays and light.

More proto shots will be updated.

5. Kit Components

1 x Top Housing
   1 x Bottom Housing
   1 x Plate
   1 x PCB
   1 x Weight
   1 x Poron Foam
   10 x Silicon Feet
   Screws (Some Extras included)
   1 x L-Wrench Driver for Assembly

6. Price and Quantity

Quantity - 300 units capped, FCFS. This is subject to change any time prior to the actual GB.
Price - TBD, but we are estimating Mid - $400 USD, w/o Shipping.

7. Timeline

GB Launch: ~April Q2 2022(TBD, Most likely mid-June) GB Delayed to Q3, 2022
   GB Timeline: 1 Month after GB Initiation
   Fulfillment: TBD, Q4 2022

8. Special Notes

Altain is a team of a keyboard hobbyist and a designer located in South Korea. We started working on Blaster75 Project since the January 2021.
We'll be working on creating our Discord server too! Once created we will post the invite links for anyone who's interested in Blaster75 and our future projects.
Your Constructive Criticisms and Feedback are always welcome! We expect to learn much from, and give our best back, to the community.
All information above may be subject to change prior to the actual Group Buy and finalization of its details.
Copy the codes below and paste it on your Signature at your forum profile to support us, if you'd like!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=116631.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/grzqPFY.png[/img][/url]
Join our discord for updates! https://discord.gg/Xwsy4UXfgF

Altain is a legitimate and legally protected Trademark. Blaster75 is copyright-protected.

« Last Edit: Sun, 10 July 2022, 07:56:18 by Altain »

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
Re: [IC] BLASTER75 by ALTAiN
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 10:30:34 »
Reserved for FAQ.

FAQs
  • Yes, we are very sorry Hotswap PCB is not available. But we will definitely be working on RGB-enabled Hotswap PCB in near future!
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 April 2022, 23:59:12 by Altain »

Offline AT

Re: [IC] BLASTER75 by ALTAiN
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 21:24:50 »
I love the design , very unique . I am very interested  :thumb:

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
I've split the Update section for better clearance.

Update history:
22.03.20 - images fixed for now, at least on my end. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the images!
22.03.21 - images properly fixed using imgur links. IC contents updated for better visibility.
22.03.24 - We've made a Quick Survey Form, and we'd like to hear your opinions!
Here is the link : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeF6fKFYYTDX3HbEsVcIjnz-02EUwBbj8UDBUye63_7EiMYwA/viewform

22.03.27 - We opened our Discord Channel and created our IC Form! We'd like to hear your opinions, feedback, and thoughts. Please refer to the links below:
Discord : https://discord.gg/Xwsy4UXfgF
IC Form : https://forms.gle/NBit48yx1xyM4zL48
22.04.04 - We've updated minor info on our IC - Dimensions and weight, price, and GB Timeline Sections. We'll be updating more pics and info as we finalize our project in bits and pieces and make them whole.
We've also ordered another round of prototypes for all our parts and they will be on our hands by the end of April or early May if everything goes smooth and well.
22.05.18 - new pricing and media update.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 May 2022, 18:31:23 by Altain »

Offline superjackie

No hotswap. Next time my friend.

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
New Update on pricing and media coverage!
We will be having another youtube build, and our own video as well as detailed pictures when all parts are ready for GB in terms of quality.
As of May 18th, we are currently adjusting anodizing here and there so it comes out with the color we want. There may be slight color changes
as we see fit. If it does, we will update the colors in renders and pictures prior to the actual GB.

Offline bugeyedmonster

Very interested in this 75, but discord link isn't working for me.

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
Very interested in this 75, but discord link isn't working for me.

Discord link updated, sorry it's my bad for letting the code expire.

Offline irithyll

Any plans on releasing videos (reviews/sound tests) with an anodized prototype before the gb as well?
Love the board!

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
Any plans on releasing videos (reviews/sound tests) with an anodized prototype before the gb as well?
Love the board!

Yes, definitely! We are under anod process for our 3rd round of proto. When they are ready to be revealed, we'll not only record our own clip but also do another build YouTube posted prior to GB as well.

Offline Jubileus

Would be interested for a while version! If not, black looks good too.
Will the hotswap PCB be ready before the board ships? Would be great to save on shipping.  :D

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
Would be interested for a while version! If not, black looks good too.
Will the hotswap PCB be ready before the board ships? Would be great to save on shipping.  :D

While we're not anticipating hotswap PCB be available for this GB, we'll definitely be working on a compatible hotswap PCB in the future.
We'll see what we can do for those who purchased BLASTER75 and want hotswap pcb later on.