Author Topic: What speed mechanical switches are compatible with Hot Swappable PCB?  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Naweo

I found some threads that are 2 years old but I wanted to ask again:

I have a Royal Kludge 84, and I want to mod it for 35g springs (I got those) with some kind of 1mm or 1.2mm actuation point linear switch.

What are my options?

I tried the Kailh Speed Switch but they seem very scratchy. I am currently using Akko 35g switches which feels smooth but with 2mm actuation point.

Thank you

Offline rinkaan

Re: What speed mechanical switches are compatible with Hot Swappable PCB?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 19:25:46 »
Gateron CAP V2 silvers? 1.2mm actuation 45g spring...

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline granola bar enthusiast

Re: What speed mechanical switches are compatible with Hot Swappable PCB?
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 April 2022, 18:15:15 »
any switches would fit a hot-swap PCB as long as they are an MX-style switch. one thing although is the PCB, if your PCB supports 3-5 pin switches any switches should fit but if it only supports 3 pin switches you will need to clip the plastic legs (NOT THE GOLD PINS) off the bottom of your switch to make it fit. I would recommend either the Akko CS Vintage Whites which are an "Ultra-light" switch that has a lighter weighted spring making it easier to press down although you may accidentally press down sometimes, another great one as recommended is the Gateron Cap V2 Silvers which are more expensive but are extremely good switches designed by Gateron which utilizes their Cap housings which has a different Stem and housing design to provide for a different bottom out sound.