Author Topic: A lighter topic: Palestine and Israel  (Read 41024 times)

Offline maclover

A lighter topic: Palestine and Israel
« on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 16:37:26 »
I thought we should discuss something more trivial. I'll start.

The conduct of the Israeli military and other personnel towards the flotilla passengers was not only disproportionate to the occasion but demonstrated levels of totally unnecessary and incredible violence.

Gaza flotilla attack: UN report condemns Israeli brutality

Israel's prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, has urged Jewish settlers to show restraint at the expected end of the West Bank construction freeze as the US tried to wring a last-minute compromise to keep talks on a Middle East deal on track.

Netanyahu urges restraint as West Bank settlement building freeze is lifted

With a tooting of horns and pouring of cement, several thousand Jewish settlers and supporters declared a symbolic end Sunday to a 10-month moratorium on construction starts in their enclaves.

Jewish settlers declare end to building moratorium

FAMAGUSTA, Cyprus — A boat carrying Jewish activists from Israel, Germany, the U.S. and Britain set sail on Sunday for Gaza, hoping to breach Israel's naval blockade there.

Richard Kuper, an organizer with the British group Jews for Justice for Palestinians, said one goal is to show that not all Jews support Israeli policies toward Palestinians. Kuper said the boat, which set sail from northern Cyprus flying a British flag, won't resist if Israeli authorities try to stop it.

Jewish activists set sail for Gaza from Cyprus

GAZA CITY, Palestinian Territories — A Palestinian man has died in the Gaza Strip from wounds received from Israeli tank fire earlier this month, the armed wing of Hamas said on Saturday.

"Mahmud al-Ahmarine, 21, died as the result of wounds inflicted by an Israeli tank on September 14 east of Gaza City," said a statement from the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades.

An official at Gaza's Al-Shifa hospital confirmed the report.

Three Palestinians were wounded by Israeli tank fire in a clash along the volatile Gaza border on September 14.

Palestinian dies of wounds after Israeli attack

JERUSALEM — Israeli police say Palestinian gunmen have opened fire at an Israeli vehicle in the West Bank, lightly wounding a motorist.

The drive-by shooting comes just hours before Israel's 10-month construction slowdown is set to expire.

West Bank shooting attack injures Israeli woman

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 17:21:49 »
The Jews gave us Mel Brooks. Paelestinians gave us terrorism.
On balance I like Jews better.

Yes, I'm being facetious, but what have the Palestinians ever done for the world? Miserable sods, always whining and bombing. That's no way to win friends.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 17:23:39 »
It's a shame that the troll-baiters on this forum only seem to be growing in number :(

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 17:30:22 »
We ought to have a special politics section here.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 September 2010, 17:35:08 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;227077
We ought to have a special politics section here.

Yea...or you could just join a different forum for that particular topic.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 04:14:38 »
A "lighter" topic? Yeah, "lighter" as in a device that could start a fire  ... :-P

Quote from: Rajagra;227074
The Jews gave us Mel Brooks. Paelestinians gave us terrorism.
In all fairness, there have also been independent groups of Jewish terrorists who bombed British people back when Palestine (that included present-day Israel) was a British protectorate.

Israel/Palestine is a tragedy, and I can not see that it could turn out well...

Israel is in practice a religious state whose ruling class uses religious arguments to oppress people with a different faith, using massive force to do so. Of course, this provokes an armed response in the only way possible: terrorism. There is so much hate on both sides. It has gone so far that it is too late so revert the process. Israel wants total submission from Palestine, and as long as they have such a economical and military advantage, that is what they will ultimately get.
My hope is that Israel and Palestine would be occupied by a superpower so that it can revert to being a secular protectorate where all men are treated equal ... but I see very little chance of that happening.

Btw. Mel Brooks is the shiznit!
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 September 2010, 04:27:49 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 06:38:26 »
I realize there are problems in Israel. Thus, I don't entirely disagree with what this article had to say:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/is-gideon-levy-the-most-hated-man-in-israel-or-just-the-most-heroic-2087909.html

How to effectively pressure Israel to change its settlement policies, while not including the possibility of abandoning its people, is, however, unclear.

Also, I saw a recent news article about the election of a new President for Brazil - sadly, though, I wouldn't be surprised if, instead of seeing lasting reform there, we will end up seeing another military coup before long.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 06:58:47 »
Hmm, I think there should be a politics forum and then ban every user who has posted there after a month...

It's a mess, mainly caused by westerns after WW2... Might take a long while to get everything working there. Or it's forgoten once there isn't any more oil in middle-east.
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 07:34:48 »
It seems to me that however unfair an event was, there has to come a time when you say Oh, well, crap happens, let's move on. Things that happened several generations ago are no longer worth killing for. This is true for Palestine/Israel, Ireland, and any number of places in Europe.

All they have to do is stop aiming for the destruction of Israel, then Israel would have no reason/excuse for its military action. The international community would step in to stop them if necessary. But that won't happen until the Palestinians give up on their dream of reclaiming their land.

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 08:11:35 »
If a world dominating super power (let's imagine China in 20-50 years from now) would go ahead and put a muslim nation in the middle of the United States or Europe, because it can and because it thinks it's fair, then arm that muslim nation in the middle of all those christian nations in a way that it can dominate anyone around it, then we would have the same tragedy over nah.

It's just a perverted situation created by us westerners and now we are getting all morally and judgy on those folks. Hell I wouldn't like it if part of west-germany, the Netherlands and Belgium would suddenly be called "Alahsrael" and "bully" people that are neither muslim nore want to get the **** out of the place they called home for centuries nore want to conform to "Alahsrael's" doctrines (if they even have that option).

Don't get me wrong, I don't 100% sympathize with the Palestinians either. Terrorism and having children throwing stones at soldiers is not the way to go either. But if I had to pick a side, I would say Israel has no business being there.

If we wanted to make up for what happened to the Jews all those years, we should've given them part of Germany or the obsolete vatican. But Germany was paying top notch money and the vatican wasn't openly known for sucking little boys ****s back then.

Anyway, 'tis what 'tis and it won't get any better. I don't see this situation being resolved in any way that will help anyone but the victor (if there can ever be one). It's going to be a ****ed up zone on the plannet for a loooong time

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 08:57:11 »
Quote from: Rajagra;227199
All they have to do is stop aiming for the destruction of Israel, then Israel would have no reason/excuse for its military action. The international community would step in to stop them if necessary. But that won't happen until the Palestinians give up on their dream of reclaiming their land.

Yes, but you are missing that Israel is stealing land from Palestinians today. Yes. Today. The recent moratorium for Israeli settlements on the West Bank was lifted today, again giving Israelis permission to build settlements there. Half a million Israeli are living on land on the West Bank in settlements that were built in the last twenty years. Check today's news!

On the other side, Palestinians have to ask for building permission from Israel before raising a house, but it is rarely given. Israel is keen on bulldozing homes that have been built without their permission.
This is just one example of how the Palestinian people is under oppression from Israel today.
🍉

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 10:14:39 »
Quote from: ripster;227215
Hahaha -  I like that forums rules.

What a moronic proposition.

So I can't call someone a 'troll-baiter' - instead I have to say 'that was a troll-baiting proposition?' :D

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 10:38:50 »
careful, keyboard lover is about to go all spastic and begin spamming this thread with his favorite obama pics.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 10:39:23 »
keyboard, i've got great plans for you buddy.  I think you're AWESOME too!

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 10:54:42 »
Quote from: wellington1869
careful, keyboard lover is about to go all spastic and begin spamming this thread with his favorite obama pics.

Don't worry...there's only one thread that I do that in ;)

keyboard, i've got great plans for you buddy. I think you're AWESOME too!

Internet threatz. Theyz make me scared :(

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 10:56:28 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227267
Don't worry...there's only one thread that I do that in ;)

no man, there's going to be multiple threads that happens in. I promise.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 10:59:14 »
there's only one thread that I do that in

r u threatening me?

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 10:59:17 »
So... (abiding by forum rules)...does that mean you're going to exhibit more trollish characteristics than usual? Which apparently have a correlation with small penis size?

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 11:00:52 »
Quote from: ripster;227274
Geekhack has an ignore list.   At least that's what your sig says.

absolutely, but i dont like being threatened or singled out for abuse. The ignore list works both ways. If he wont ignore me i'm under no obligation to ignore him.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 11:04:25 »
According to forum rules, we're not supposed to act like we're in grade school...

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 11:04:40 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227272
So... (abiding by forum rules)...does that mean you're going to exhibit more trollish characteristics than usual? Which apparently have a correlation with small penis size?

wow. you are a 10 year old, arent you. Holy ****.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 11:05:51 »
Quote from: Senor_Cartmenez;227211
we should've given them part of Germany
There is a part of Germany I'd like to give to Israel. But first, to make it a part of Germany, and not a part of Poland, it would be necessary to give part of Poland back to Poland. Once Poland went back to its pre-war borders, the vacant space between Poland and today's borders for Germany could be given to Israel.

In due course, there would perhaps be 50 million Jews, and the world would be a more secure place.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 11:06:33 »

what the **** is this, keyboard?

[additional insults deleted upon declaration of truce]
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 September 2010, 19:33:07 by wellington1869 »

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 11:14:45 »

webwit spammed everyone equally. But KL just made this personal.

[additional insult deleted upon declaration of truce]
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 September 2010, 19:33:58 by wellington1869 »

Offline Lanx

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 11:23:31 »
I need a palestine v. israel for dummies plz, just never really bothered and googling it brings me to lots of articles.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 12:00:02 »
are you ****ing threatening me?
you think ima let you get away with that? you little racist prick.

you ****ing threatening me, asswipe?

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 September 2010, 19:23:25 by keyboardlover »

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 12:15:30 »
Quote from: Lanx;227283
I need a palestine v. israel for dummies plz, just never really bothered and googling it brings me to lots of articles.

Very, very simplistic synopsis:

-Palestinians controlled the land for hundreds (thousands, maybe?) of years after essentially eradicating the Jews.
-Allies create Israel as a Jewish state after WWII; essentially kick the Palestinians out.
-Palestinians pissed, fight back, Israelis defend themselves then become aggressive.

Offline mike

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 14:08:31 »
Quote from: itlnstln;227297
-Allies create Israel as a Jewish state after WWII; essentially kick the Palestinians out.

I know you said 'simplistic', but I really have to comment on that one!

The Allies didn't create Israel after WWII - whilst they may have turned a blind eye whilst it was happening, the Zionists created Israel themselves, and the process began long before WWII.

If anything, the Allies eventually woke up and said "Hold on a second, what about the Palestinians?" and partitioned the old Palestine into Israel and Palestine.
Keyboards: Unicomp UB40T56 with JP3 removed, Unicomp UB4044A, Filco Tenkeyless Brown (with pink highlights), Access AKE1223231, IBM DisplayWriter, Das Keyboard III, and a few others.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 14:36:31 »
Well, it was the British, but whatever.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 15:00:50 »
Quote from: itlnstln;227331
Well, it was the British, but whatever.

It should be noted (if it hasn't been elsewhere) that the Zionists carried out a terrorist campaign against the British government in the postwar period, so it wasn't as if they immediately warmed to the idea of the Israeli state from the outset.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 15:22:31 »
Quote from: ch_123;227344
It should be noted (if it hasn't been elsewhere) that the Zionists carried out a terrorist campaign against the British government in the postwar period, so it wasn't as if they immediately warmed to the idea of the Israeli state from the outset.

Details, details.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 15:48:19 »
wait... zionists are realy pplz? i got almost 25 years of anime in me and i know zeon as a republic of ppl that are basically the bad guys in the gundam world. maybe there's something going on here too!

Offline mike

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 15:57:21 »
Quote from: ripster;227330
I always blame the British for messes like this.

I doubt it has any relevance, but this quote is so good :-

In April 1920, in the small Italian town of San Remo, Britain and France divide the Middle East into mandates while the American ambassador read his newspaper in the garden
Keyboards: Unicomp UB40T56 with JP3 removed, Unicomp UB4044A, Filco Tenkeyless Brown (with pink highlights), Access AKE1223231, IBM DisplayWriter, Das Keyboard III, and a few others.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:04:52 »
Nuke the whole place => problem solved...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:24:58 »
Quote from: Lanx;227366
wait... zionists are realy pplz? i got almost 25 years of anime in me and i know zeon as a republic of ppl that are basically the bad guys in the gundam world. maybe there's something going on here too!

Real life != anime. Trust, me, I found out the hard way.

And thank goodness for that, because some of that hentai stuff is really disturbing...

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:26:40 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227415
Real life != anime. Trust, me, I found out the hard way.

And thank goodness for that, because some of that hentai stuff is really disturbing...

What are you saying I shouldn't apply some of those things seen in real life?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:29:25 »
Quote from: Ekaros;227416
What are you saying I shouldn't apply some of those things seen in real life?

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Hey - is it just me or is it 1 am in Finland right now? You're up late!

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:29:33 »
My solution: Blow up the Middle East. And all the Macs too.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:30:18 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227417
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Show Image

Hey - is it just me or is it 1 am in Finland right now? You're up late!

Maybe I should go to bed... Or on other hand, why care about lectures ;D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:39:13 »
Quote from: Ekaros
Maybe I should go to bed... Or on other hand, why care about lectures ;D

Yea...education is overrated ;)

I have some friends in Helsinki - I see you're 2 hours away from there ^^

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:49:18 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227421
Yea...education is overrated ;)

I have some friends in Helsinki - I see you're 2 hours away from there ^^

I might to have to update that one too. Acctualy I now live next to Helsinki in Espoo.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:56:08 »
Quote from: Ekaros
I might to have to update that one too. Acctualy I now live next to Helsinki in Espoo.

I've heard of Espoo...I swear I know someone from there but I can't think of it at the moment. Unfortunately I haven't been to Northern Europe yet (only traveled in the south). Heard great things though...especially about your saunas :D

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 17:59:34 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;227426
I've heard of Espoo...I swear I know someone from there but I can't think of it at the moment. Unfortunately I haven't been to Northern Europe yet (only traveled in the south). Heard great things though...especially about your saunas :D

Sauna, the modern way to kill Russian...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 18:10:51 »
Quote from: ekaros;227427
sauna, the modern way to kill russian...

:D rofl

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 18:14:30 »
Keep in mind Israel is a sovereign nation with a military that is one of the most expertly trained and fiercely motivated in the world.  Blowing up cars, stoning people, or making threats in the general vicinity of an Israeli solider IS suicide.  Everyone in that area knows that any manipulation or intimidation of the Israeli government with violence or threats of violence will be met swiftly with action, and it will be decisive.

Picture Israel as a honey badger surrounded by a pack of hyenas.  One of the hyenas(Palestinian activists) keeps creeping in on the honey badger, showing it's teeth, growling... occasionally taking a little nip, but never really engaging in a full on attack.  After several minutes of a standoff like this, the rest of the pack  of hyenas(Iran, et al) continues just standing by watching without really reacting, besides occasionally rallying the lone hyena to take another nip at the badger.  Finally the badger snaps, and tears the ****ING FACE off of the hyena.  The other hyenas jump back, and then run off to the UN complaining that the badger was being a bully.

You **** with a badger, you get what you deserve.
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 19:00:25 »
It's funny how so many people think countries like Iran are so much better than Israel but then say the Holocaust was bad.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 19:03:27 »
Quote from: Ekaros;227427
Sauna, the modern way to kill Russian...
I'm surprised to hear that, since the Russians had their own traditional steam bath (of course, the Sauna is dry rather than steamy... but they're not so terribly dissimilar).

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 19:48:08 »
Quote from: quadibloc;227439
I'm surprised to hear that, since the Russians had their own traditional steam bath (of course, the Sauna is dry rather than steamy... but they're not so terribly dissimilar).

It gets quite deadly once you combine those 110 degrees and lot of steam(half a litre, every 30 seconds)...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 20:14:54 »
Quote from: ripster;227330
I always blame the British for messes like this.

Give America back!

(Boils down to the same argument if you think about it. We owned it, we lost it, give it back.)

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 27 September 2010, 21:22:43 »
Uh oh...I just noticed this..

wow. you are a 10 year old, arent you. Holy ****.

keyboard, i've got great plans for you buddy. I think you're AWESOME too!

NOT WANT!!!