Author Topic: what are you having for dinner?  (Read 36924 times)

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
what are you having for dinner?
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 18:45:43 »
Quote from: lmnop
nice :)
pizza in Italy is the best. Italy has the right flour with low protein content, san marzano tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, 100 year old pizza ovens, etc.

I've never had better pizza anywhere else...last time I was there (a year ago) I had this masterpiece of a pizza in Lido de Jesolo:

I like seafood. A lot =)

Offline lmnop

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 18:57:32 »
that looks great :)

margherita is my favorite. tomato, basil, mozzarella, olive oil.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 19:00:19 »
Quote from: lmnop;230630
that looks great :)

margherita is my favorite. tomato, basil, mozzarella, olive oil.

Same here. I only get the Frutti di mare pizza when I'm in the mood, and I know the seafood is fresh =)

Offline Co-Op

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 22:30:29 »
Instead of eating salad by itself, just throw it on top of the pizza to make it taste good.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:08:55 »
i like when the edges of the pepperoni is slightly burnt.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:19:05 »
jeez ripster you sure drink a lot of wine.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:20:25 »
Quote from: lmnop;230604
I made the most ridiculous Ham sandwich for lunch.

smoked ham, smoked gouda cheese, tomato, watercress with a honey, dijon mustard, salt, nutmeg, cider vinegar dressing on french stick.

the cider vinegar is key.  I find pouring some italian dressing (and sprinkling some green olives) onto any lunchmeat sandwich immediately classes it up.

Offline lmnop

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:21:31 »
I like thin crust and a little underdone.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:24:21 »
your favorite freezer-section pizza?

for me, a Jeno's in the toaster oven, a tall glass of coke, and star trek on tv, and i'm in couch-potato heaven.

I know there are better quality frozen pizzas, but Jeno's has that perfect combination of fat, salt, and crispiness ;)

Offline lmnop

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:38:06 »
I don't eat frozen pizza lol

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:40:44 by lmnop »

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:42:58 »
oh no not ds9! everyone knows star trek peaked with TNG!  ;)

tuborg on the other hand...

Offline lmnop

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:44:37 »
there isn't a mechanical key switch I don't like, I do like some more than others. it's the same with Star Trek I like all series but I like the character driven dramas (Deep Space Nine, Enterprise) more.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:45:27 »
i've been on a hefe weiss kick all summer.

Offline lmnop

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:48:57 »
I haven't tried that :)

*sniffle*

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:53:43 »
Quote from: lmnop;230716
there isn't a mechanical key switch I don't like, I do like some more than others. it's the same with Star Trek I like all series but I like the character driven dramas (Deep Space Nine, Enterprise) more.

That makes sense. Well i'm a huge fan of original series and then tng (which I think kicked original series' ass out of the water, btw).

But for me, I just couldnt get into DS9 and enterprise. I think I know why though.

I mean, okay, lets take these one at a time.

DS9: All my friends (who do watch it, btw) tell me that after a couple of miserable opening seasons, it got a lot better. Problem: I only watched the first few miserable seasons and got so turned off by it that I never found the motivation to follow up with the rest. I suppose I should rent them from netflix or something. In the meanwhile I discovered Firefly (and Serenity) and, come on, omg, it kicked ass. Even the reboot of battlestar galactica kicked ass (mostly). With alternatives like that I just never got around to catching up with DS9.

Enterprise: sweetheart i'm sorry I cannot get past the opening song!. Does that make me a bad person?

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:54:13 »
oh wow, i never did see the ending of enterprise - ima watch it now in your post! :)

Offline lmnop

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 06 October 2010, 23:58:53 »
one of my favorite episodes of Next Generation.

I didn't like the intro to Enterprise. I think Jerry Goldsmith did most of the scoring for the Star Trek franchise and I enjoyed his orchestra scores. Jerry's son Joel does the scoring for the Stargate franchise.

Joel Goldsmith at work ;)

I really like Battlestar Galactica too. I watched Serenity movie and enjoyed it but I haven't seen Firefly.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 00:21:40 »
thats one of my fav episodes of tng too, i have it saved on my tivo :)
I also like a lot of the Q episodes (which includes the first encounter with the Borg, for instance). Great episode.
Also like the one where Q is punished by being made human. There's a lot of sly and self-referential humor in that episode actually, its very cute.
A lot of people's favorite tng episode is the one where picard lives out a whole lifetime as an alien farmer of an extinct species after being probed by an alien craft. You know, the one with the flute. Its a very good one, though not necessarily my top choice.
Also people like the one where he visits home in France and fights with his older brother. Another excellent one but these were done during the 'soap opera' phase of tng which it went into for a year or two. Great character development but not much action.
Good stuff though. See they never lost sight of character development in tng, thats what made it so interesting year after year.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 00:23:41 »
if you liked serenity you'll love firefly. After watching serenity i was so blown away i went and rented all the firefly dvd's and watched them in a row. (I missed the original tv run).

is caprica any good? battlestar got a little slow towards the end.

Offline lmnop

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 00:41:08 »
Deep Space Nine and Enterprise use the Berman formula which is a character driven drama that deals with topics like war, romance, politics, religion, etc. you wouldn't see this in Star Trek or Star Trek: The Next Generation

I like Caprica but the ratings are not good. I think it will get canceled.

the reason I haven't watched Firefly is because I don't want to get attached to something that was canceled after one season and say "I hate the Fox network!"

when Enterprise was canceled I turned to Stargate. The Stargate franchise has 17 seasons of television (3 series) and 3 movies.

Stargate Universe trailer

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 00:58:06 »
I'll have to check out stargate. I think one of my friends recommended it to me before.
I've also been told to watch buffy the vampire slayer (joss whedon's other big project).

yea they keep talking about restarting firefly but with each passing year that seems much less likely.  

Fox is just stupid. They also cancelled family guy before eventually restarting it when the dvds sold well.

Offline lmnop

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 01:11:32 »
I think everybody has seen the 1994 Stargate film with Kurt Russell. Brad Wright (The Outer Limits) created a television series called Stargate SG-1 the story begins two years after the events of the 1994 Stargate film.

Stargate SG-1 isn't your typical film to television series.

With 10 seasons and 214 episodes Stargate SG-1 surpassed The X-Files in 2007 as the longest-running North American science fiction series on television, although Stargate SG-1 itself is expected to be surpassed in this record by Smallville in April 2011, as that series finishes its long run.

any television series that produces 10 seasons isn't bad.

Season 2 of Stargate Universe is airing now.

here is the order to watch.

Stargate (Film)
Stargate SG-1 Season 1-10
Stargate Ark of Truth (Film)
Stargate Continuum (Film)
Stargate Atlantis Season 1-5
Stargate Universe Season 1-2

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 01:17:35 »
thanks, i'll definitely check it out. the trailer looks pretty good. and i need a new sci fi series to obsess about.

Offline lmnop

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 01:41:43 »
a lot of science fiction actors in the Stargate franchise that are either guest stars or recurring roles.

Armin Shimerman, Colm Meaney, Marina Sirtis, Adam Baldwin, Claudia Black, Ben Browder, John DeLancie, Rene Auberjonois, Robert Picardo, Jewel Staite, Nicole de Boer, Morena Baccarin, Christopher Heyerdahl, Ernie Hudson, Ryan Robbins, Connor Trinneer.

the gate operator uses a IBM Model M to send teams to other planets. how can you not watch it? lol
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 October 2010, 01:45:12 by lmnop »

Offline lmnop

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 02:06:43 »
i'm hungry lol

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 07:08:03 »
Stargate Universe is terrible. I still watch it though as SG:1 and Atlantis were pretty cool imho (Sheppard's book of computer repair ftw!)

But Universe.... I was talking bout it with a friend recently and he pointed out sth. quite interesting:

In the 10 seasons of SG:1, alle the movies and the 5 seasons of Atlantis, how many times did people sleep with each other (that we know of)??

Now count how often people are getting down and dirty in just 1 season of Universe... All that love fest makes me sick and it is more of a soap opera than a sci-fi series. It's obviously marketed towards femals who read romance novels and it makes me sick.

Damn I just typed too much with my rubber dome at work. I think I'm getting carpal tunnel now. Excuse me I have to go throw up again

On a sidenote (just so we don't entirely ignore the food topic ;) ):
Welly you need one of these glasses to drink Weissbier:

Regular glasses just don't cut it. And no, Weissbier and Weizenbier cannot be drunk out of bottles either. It's the law! Trust me, I'm German
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 October 2010, 07:10:33 by Senor_Cartmenez »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 07:32:40 »
Quote from: Senor_Cartmenez
On a sidenote (just so we don't entirely ignore the food topic ;) ):
Welly you need one of these glasses to drink Weissbier:
Show Image

In my pizza photo I'm drinking an Erdinger, great beer =)
Lido is a popular tourist destination for Germans and Austrians so there's a lot of good beer there. Many people speak German there too.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 15:46:43 »
Ahh, Kaylee. One of the only unmarried women on TV ever who can pleasure **** without being thought easy, dumb, or a prostitute.

----

Wait for it .... wait for it ...

Quote from: wellington1869;229576
for the next few days i'm having veggie burgers (still havent recovered from the 'mechanically separated chicken' episode).
tonite i'm going to have... er... a pulled pork sandwich with fries.
California roll for lunch. Hmmm, love that "clean" feeling after sush
heck, i'll have pizza tonite too.
I had a fruit cup of grapes with cheese cubes in it.
i've been on a hefe weiss kick all summer.

Don't you ever have beef, Wellington?
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 15:51:58 »
insanely busy days these days at work. I barely had time to scarf down a snickers bar for lunch (and no time for breakfast except a couple of coffees on the go). Day is still not done. I may get a chance to eat in another hour.

our caseload has been ramping up since august. I wonder if this means the economy is improving.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 16:07:17 »
Quote from: ricercar;230974

Don't you ever have beef, Wellington?

yes i do, all the time. trying to cut down meat in general. my understanding tho is that pork and chicken/turkey and fish are all slightly less fatty than beef. Dont know if thats true or not.  will probably have whole wheat penne with green olives tonite, meeting friend for dinner.
Eating out is also precious socializing time, since everyone's so damn busy all the time. Like most new yorkers I rarely get to cook at home. I'd save a ton of money if I could eat at home more often. Or *gasp* pack a lunch.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 17:41:22 »
Quote from: ripster;231019
I think RicerCar wanted you to wait for it.

oh i see. ya, that was funny. sorry, been a long day!

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 20:25:32 »
Quote from: ripster

This gives Italian women orgasms.

I'll let lmnop be the judge of that ;)

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 07 October 2010, 20:44:08 »
for dinner today I had:  chicken quesdilla (we went mexican), "three berry smoothie". plus one beer (magic hat pale ale) and a banana.

Offline lmnop

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 06:20:57 »
I drink espresso every morning sadly no orgasm but I do run in circles :)

my mother was born in Malta. my father was born in Sicily. I was born in Canada. I had pita chips with a cream cheese, feta cheese, jalapeno, bacon dip I made.

Offline lmnop

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 06:26:07 »
I drink espresso every morning sadly no orgasm but I do run in circles. I had pita chips with a cream cheese, feta cheese, jalapeno, bacon dip I made now that was orgasmic :)

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 06:41:32 »
Next time you drink it, try to run in circles until you have an orgasm. Ripster has me convinced now ;)

Offline lmnop

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 08:53:38 »
for ripster.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 09:02:07 »
Champaign and a Coors Light.  That's inefficient.  They should have been drinking this:

Through this:

It's the Champagne of Beers.  That's how we get down in TX.  That ***** in the bong pic is druuuuuuuuuuuunk.

Offline lmnop

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 09:43:49 »
this is why Deep Space Nine is my favorite :)

SF Debris has a website.

Offline lmnop

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 09:54:39 »
don't be dogging Trek and not expect a hoedown :)

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 11:31:31 »
dude, thats hilarious

Offline lmnop

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 19:12:26 »

love the Caddyshack scene

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 22:00:54 »
yea thats a good one. I read somewhere that seth mcfarlane was a character on Enterprise? or maybe voyager. Also there are some other connections, he might be related to one of the TNG characters, possibly denise crosby. And picard is the voice of the cia chief in american dad. I read all this at some point (somewhere on wikipedia i'm sure).

Offline lmnop

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 08 October 2010, 23:10:54 »

Seth MacFarlane (born 26 October 1973; age 36) is the actor who played Rivers in two episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise.

MacFarlane is a descendant of Mayflower passenger William Brewster, who is an ancestor of 20th century entertainer Bing Crosby – grandfather of Star Trek: The Next Generation actress Denise Crosby. As such, MacFarlane and Denise Crosby are distant cousins.

Bryan Singer (producer/director House M.D, X-Men, X-Men 2, Superman Returns, Usual Suspects, Valkyrie) is a Star Trek fan. he had a cameo in Star Trek: Nemesis.

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 October 2010, 00:07:29 by lmnop »

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 09 October 2010, 10:58:43 »
breakfast time:  Trying to decide between oatmeal w banana in my room and save a few bucks, or go downstairs to the deli and get a nice egg n cheese with a bucket of coffee.  Unable to decide for the moment, and the indecision is paralyzing me in front of my computer.
Probably leaning towards the egg n cheese.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 14 October 2010, 21:38:20 »
I had wendy's for dinner. I regretted it halfway through. So fatty.

I used to down cheeseburgers like there was no tomorrow. I think its a real sign of personal progress that I found myself wishing for a spinach-feta pie instead.

I even turned down the frosty on my way out. Can it be that i'm slowly becoming an adult?

Offline instantkamera

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 15 October 2010, 06:04:51 »
Quote from: itlnstln;229550
Man, **** moving.  

Can I get a hell yea!
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline instantkamera

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 15 October 2010, 06:31:35 »
Quote from: itlnstln;231305
Champaign and a Coors Light.  That's inefficient.  They should have been drinking this:

Show Image

Through this:

Show Image

It's the Champagne of Beers.  That's how we get down in TX.  That ***** in the bong pic is druuuuuuuuuuuunk.

we do the same in Canada bro ...

This is not super recent, but when I was a broke "college student", my drink of choice was as many cans of Bavaria 8.6 as I could afford, and this trusty tool I picked up at Canadian Tire. It's like it was made for drinking, it has a valve so you can load this ***** up to the brim and prepare before dropping it, it has a cap at the end to avoid dripping on someone's floor (I took it to every party), and it disassembles for easy cleaning/storage. Only one mod required, there is a filter inside that slows the flow of booze. Remove and you're good to go.
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 15 October 2010, 06:55:03 »
I was never into the bong.  Come to think of it, I never really drank for drunkz.  I was always more of a connoisseur of beer and wine.  Now don't get it twisted; I've seen the other side way more times than I care to remember.  Then there was that night with a stripper about 2 years ago that ended in me staying up for over 24 hours, throwing up in a Denny's and having a two day hangover.  Ouch.  I didn't even get any ass, either.  I think that had more to do with my ex still living in my house a the time.  Oh well, it probably saved me some whiskey-**** embarrassment.  Kids, learn from your Uncle Stallion, if you're partyin' with a stipper, she can out-drink you, she's a pro, you're not.  Make sure you nurse your beers and don't go toe-to-toe, you will flame out spectacularly.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 October 2010, 06:59:58 by itlnstln »

Offline instantkamera

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 15 October 2010, 07:06:46 »
pshhh, that's the ONLY reason I used to drink, was for drunkz, which is why I would put just about anything in that funnel (an 8 pack cans was a 10 minute MAX job. Couple of those and you feel really nice). Now that my body has slowed down to where I can't really process all the calories and **** from all that booze I have become more of a taster. Then again ... I got trashed on a Tuesday night recently ...