Author Topic: Apple Adjustable Keyboard  (Read 3144 times)

Offline netwebber

Apple Adjustable Keyboard
« on: Mon, 11 October 2010, 22:25:41 »
Picked this up off of eBay. (Much cheaper than my M15!) It's not supposed to be one of the highest-quality keyboards ever made, but it has mechanical switches. (It's been discussed here before.) Anyone know a good source for ADB-to-PS2 or USB adapters?
Keyboards: IBM M15 adjustable ergonomic | Northgate Omnikey Evolution w/ Touchpad | IBM Model M 1391401 | TG3 BLT 5RBUVS tenkeyless | MS Natural Keyboard Pro | MS Natural Keyboard Original (Black) | IBM UltraNav Travel Slim Keyboard | Chicony ThinkPad T60 keyboard in Lenovo ThinkPad T400 | IBM ThinkPad T42p | MS Arc Wireless | Logitech K350 Wireless
Pointing Devices: Logitech G500 | Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX | IBM ScrollPoint Optical | Razer Boomslang | On laptops: Trackpoint for pointing, touchpad for scrolling--The True Way
Other: Belkin/Razer Speedpad n52te | Adesso Mechanical Numpad (Cherry Blues) | Wacom Intuos2
Game Controllers: MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro | Gravis Exterminator

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 03:07:17 »
Congratulations on the win! A very good price for that keyboard, from what I have gathered.
🍉

Offline SirClickAlot

• http://www.mrinterface.com
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 03:41:30 »
What an excellent price for that keyboard. Am almost jealous.

Yes, I got one of those ADB to PS/2 adapters for my apple extended II and I remember them being very pricey....

Regards.
[Succes is when you get what you want
Happiness is when you want what you get]

Optimize your interfaces : http://www.mrinterface.com
Currently using( not necessarily my favorite : I iterate over my collection many times ):
Filco White Majestouch Mx Brown DS White on Black.
Looking for : New and interesting interfaces. Working on :www.deskthority.net

Offline sygo

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 04:54:26 »
Kudos on that epic catch!

I have two of those and I've been using a Compucable mini-adb to usb converter I got on amazon for 15 USD about a year ago. They seem to be out of stock, though.

The especial keys (volumes, etc) won't work with the latest versions of OSX, but if you get an iMate converter there's a driver out there that may enable those keys.

The auction didn't mention if it came with the adb cables at all, you might need to get those too. :/

Offline nathanscribe

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 06:06:54 »
I bought a Belkin ABD to USB adapter with two ADB ports, and it works fine.  It was £10 NIB.

I missed out on one of those board last week.  Serves me right for being a tight bidder.  It went for very little.  Didn't know they were mechanical though, I just thought they were rubber domes.
Conquering the world with BASIC since 1982

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 10:57:19 »
These often go on eBay Germany without any bids or for 1 EUR. I never thought them to be too special. They use the non standard short-travel ALPS switches, not the regular ones. I actually don't like their feel as they seem to feel rather mushy.

As for making it work on a PC, it might be easier to use another controller to make it work, if you can't find any adapter. I believe I have seen a document of the full matrix somewhere.. either here or on kbdmania.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 11:01:03 »
Netwebber, you might want to PM iMav.  I think he has several ADB to PS/2 adapters, and he might be able to sell you one.