Author Topic: Don't you love a nice, new, fresh Windows installation?  (Read 11510 times)

Offline instantkamera

Don't you love a nice, new, fresh Windows installation?
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 09:46:03 »
My windows knowledge is sparse, but even I know ME was the biggest POS ever. Vista isn't even close in my estimation.
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline nanu

• http://T-T.be/portal
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 02 November 2010, 10:16:50 »
My last prebuilt PC (H* brand [alternatively censored, *P brand]) had ME on it. It was awesome to experience a total lockup minutes after setting up my locale for My First Experience With Windows ME, and all subsequent bootups the same, locking up at less than one hour of uptime. Luckily for me I had a replacement OS on hand. I think Win2K.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 03 November 2010, 19:04:55 »
I have used Windows ME and can tell you guys that for a fact that it is not the worst Microsoft OS. Instead, it is the second worst.

Windows ME isn't great, but Windows 98 was a nightmare. Windows 98 always freezed and crashed.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline CodeChef

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 03 November 2010, 19:43:36 »
Vista isn't nearly as bad as people complain it is. The only computer I have ever seen run Vista badly is my friend's old HP, and I suspect that's because he only has 512MB of RAM on it (it came with Vista from the factory... What were they thinking?)
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 04 November 2010, 02:02:51 »
I used to have a P3-550MHz (custom build) with Win98SE that very rarely crashed, but when it did there was no logical reason.  The AMD 586 133MHz before it with Win95 also had very rare hiccups, but usually only when my dad did something dumb like install a new version of Netscape that took 20 minutes to load (we timed it).  Had good fun with 3.1 before that, Ski Free was awesome.  First time I saw something Windows was Windows Shell at a friend's place, but we couldn't get anything going.  Learned to use DOS when I was 6-7.  Anybody else have a 1x speed CD-ROM?  Took 15 minutes to load a level of Duke Nukem 2 when playing off the disc, lol.

A friend in university had a Dell with WinME, but I can't really blame WinME for the computer issues when she filled the hard drive with garbage.  Sure was trashy to use though.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline CodeChef

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 04 November 2010, 08:20:41 »
Quote from: RickyJ;242419
A friend in university had a Dell with WinME, but I can't really blame WinME for the computer issues when she filled the hard drive with garbage.  Sure was trashy to use though.

The Dell or the girl?
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Offline zefrer

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 04 November 2010, 08:44:33 »
^ Bazinga?

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 04 November 2010, 13:03:06 »
LOL nice catch, but the Dell.  Some girls are better just as friends, especially when they have hot friends.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc