Author Topic: Looking to build an Online Poker Interface.  (Read 2342 times)

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
Looking to build an Online Poker Interface.
« on: Fri, 12 November 2010, 10:39:53 »
This is way off topic, but I play online poker for fun.  Anyways I am designing an interface.  It eliminates the need for a keyboard or even mouse to play with.

Here is a very rough prototype design I made in Paint:

The top row buttons are for pre-flop raises, where BB stands for Big Blind.  The bet is automatically placed upon activation.

The middle row is % of the Pot. The bet is automatically placed upon activation.

It would feature illuminated amber slot machine/arcade buttons.  Also USB connectivity.  

I was thinking about these buttons:

http://www.happcontrols.com/pushbuttons/54b0004510p9.htm

For the numpad I am not sure which one I will go with.  So far I am thinking blue cherry Scorpius black (i cant find it in USB though, only ps2)

I was wondering if anyone had any input on where I could get a case manufactured, or anything PCB related.  Basically any type of help/feedback.  

If you would like to help me in my quest to build this product for the masses.  I would compensate you monetarily of course.

Thanks GH
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 November 2010, 10:46:33 by kill will »
I <3 BS

Offline chimera15

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 November 2010, 12:16:13 »
I did it with autohotkey and a nostromo.  It's fairly simple and straight forward that way.   Really helped me eliminate time tells.

The problem is that most sites don't have hotkeys for that sort of thing, or at least didn't the last time I was playing heavily, so you have to tie the cursor to keys with a program like authothkey that you can tell to go to a position on the screen and click.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 November 2010, 12:19:48 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
white fake simplified:   1x white smk-85, 1x Steampunk compact board hack
white real simplified: 1x unitek k-258
low profile: 1x mint m1242 in box
black: ultra mini wrist keyboard hack
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch
rainbow test boards:  mck-84sx

Offline kill will

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 November 2010, 12:37:53 »
AHK is good, but the biggest advancement in online poker hot keys is this program called TableNinja.  I have been using it since its inception.  It is a VERY good program.  

I usually have the 12 "buttons" binded to the F1-F12 keys.  

The software part of the project is easily solved with TableNinja and F key binding.

TableNinja works with the two major sites that I would like to accommodate to and that is Pokerstars and Full Tilt Poker (where I currently play).  I am not trying to advertise for it, but it really does work well.

It is just the hardware that I need help with.
I <3 BS

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 November 2010, 07:42:53 »
on a side note:
any of you play for real money? Me I just play for playmoney.

Because I have been playing together with my friends on the same table for lulz once in a while, while talking on skype and telling each other the hands. So we always go out and let the guy who has the best hand win, or even bet/raise/call in order to make a high hand get paid off better.
Also the guy who stays in the hand has a better read on how many outs he has. If you go on a 5 handed table with 3 people this becomes very unfair, very fast.

Now my question is: How in the hell can you prevent that when playing for real money? You can't! So that's why I would NEVER play real money online.

Offline kill will

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 November 2010, 15:21:42 »
I definitely play for real money.  I play strictly NLH HU cash games and MTT's so collusion isnt really a factor for me.

Here is an update to this project.

I ordered this case.

http://www.pactecenclosures.com/product-detail.php?classid=26

And these buttons.

http://www.happmart.com/Pro_Details.aspx?id=735&px=43&sid=69

And this numpad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Numpad-Numeric-Keypad-Calculator-30-Keys-Keyboard-/250719593072?pt=AU_Laptop_Accessories&hash=item3a600d6270

things are well under way for the fastbet 3000
I <3 BS

Offline chimera15

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 November 2010, 16:04:29 »
Quote from: Senor_Cartmenez;246947
on a side note:
any of you play for real money? Me I just play for playmoney.

Because I have been playing together with my friends on the same table for lulz once in a while, while talking on skype and telling each other the hands. So we always go out and let the guy who has the best hand win, or even bet/raise/call in order to make a high hand get paid off better.
Also the guy who stays in the hand has a better read on how many outs he has. If you go on a 5 handed table with 3 people this becomes very unfair, very fast.

Now my question is: How in the hell can you prevent that when playing for real money? You can't! So that's why I would NEVER play real money online.

I play for low stakes and micro tournaments $3-$1 entry, although I have done some pretty large sit and go's in the past when I've won a few $100 playing freerolls.  I play mostly tournaments, and seating of course is random, so collusion isn't much of a factor.  I haven't played for a while though because my concentration has been on school the last year or two.   Tournaments can take a lot of time, and you really have to play a lot to have a good feel for the level of play that's going on at any one time.  I mainly played on UB, because they allowed you to bootstrap yourself pretty effectively.  I've won tons of free tournaments 2nd and 3rd levels as well.

Also remember that it's pretty hard to collude effectively in texas holdem.  You might think you're ganging up on a guy, but you never know when he might have the nuts and you actually end up just tripling him up, or worse.  It's especially true at higher levels when people are more aware of patterns and people trying to do tricks like this.  It's easy to turn people colluding against you into big time losers if you know what you're doing.

You can also get yourself banned pretty easily if people notice two names sitting together a lot and working in concert with each other in real cash games.  At higher levels there are a lot of regulars that play and the ability to hide between the masses of people trying to play gets harder.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 November 2010, 16:17:15 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
white fake simplified:   1x white smk-85, 1x Steampunk compact board hack
white real simplified: 1x unitek k-258
low profile: 1x mint m1242 in box
black: ultra mini wrist keyboard hack
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch
rainbow test boards:  mck-84sx

Offline kill will

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 November 2010, 23:44:48 »
Here is the newest mockup.  this one is somewhat to scale.

I <3 BS

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 21 November 2010, 17:10:51 »
"colluding" as you call it, works awesome in omaha (which I exclusively play).