Author Topic: *NEW in Box* SIIG USB to PS/2 Adapter JU-ACB012-S2 - BIN $7.50 + $4 shipping (to me)  (Read 2761 times)

Offline TexasFlood

*NEW in Box* SIIG USB to PS/2 Adapter JU-ACB012-S2 - BIN $7.50 + $4 shipping (to me)

I got one to see how well it works and to go with my SIIG keyboard, :wink:.  Hope it works OK.  I found a few reviews at Newegg that looked promising.  A couple said it died quickly but looks like there is a warranty so hoping for the best.

From seller:
SIIG USB to PS/2 Adapter

You are bidding on NEW SIIG USB to PS/2 Adapters, P/N JU-ACB012-S2.  These are brand new, in their original, unopened factory packaging.  They will be packaged and shipped in a manner appropriate for sensitive items.

Offline TexasFlood

I should add "More than 10 available"

Offline J888www

Silly me got a little excited, thought the post was for a NIB MiniTouch.
Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
Thank you all in GH for reading.

Keyboards & Pointing Devices :-
[/FONT]One Too Many[/COLOR]

Offline TexasFlood

Hah.  That's what you get for not reading the whole thing.  I know, it happens to be pretty often, :wink:.  But on the other hand if you take too long, you can miss an opportunity.

Offline J888www

Quote from: TexasFlood;247690
Hah.  That's what you get for not reading the whole thing.  I know, it happens to be pretty often, :wink:.  But on the other hand if you take too long, you can miss an opportunity.

SOS I deleted my reply to which this was a quote, I did not wish to increase my Post-counts with silly errors caused by my deteriorating eye-sight. :sorry:

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
What is it in a collector that says a SiiG adapter for a SiiG keyboard is required? Sheesh.

I DO NOT NEED THIS ADAPTER.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline TexasFlood

Quote from: ricercar;248231
What is it in a collector that says a SiiG adapter for a SiiG keyboard is required? Sheesh.

:wink:, I never knew I needed it until I saw it for sale, click/click and it's on the way!
I don't know what it is, I was possessed and could not resist, :sad:.
The reviews looked good enough and I can use another so why not!
You can perhaps learn from my mistake, or success, :smile:.

Offline TexasFlood

Quote from: ricercar;248231

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself, :biggrin:

I never knew I needed it until I saw it for sale, click/click and it's on the way! :wink:
I don't know what it is, I was possessed and could not resist, :sad:.
The reviews looked good enough and I can use another so why not!
You can perhaps learn from my mistake, or success, :smile:.

Offline ironman31

Now do you think this works perfectly with the Minitouch? Then it would be a deal
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline TexasFlood

Quote from: ironman31;248276
Now do you think this works perfectly with the Minitouch? Then it would be a deal

I have no idea, but one is on the way so I'll be finding out.

The Newegg Reviews run from "complete garbage" to "It ALWAYS works when some of the other brands don't."

Four of the reviews are 5 star and two are 1 star.  Both of the 1 stars (even "complete garbage") say it worked well but broke.  One of these concluded from the experience that it was time to "Bite the bullet and buy a new keyboard and/or mouse." - not something anyone on this forum would be likely to conclude, :wink:.

I usually throw out the very lowest ratings due to the idi0t factor - like folks who rate a product down for reasons like they misused it, didn't understand what it was, it didn't ship fast enough, etc.  Since these are new and presumably have a warranty, I would understand rating them down but these seem extreme.

So I'm choosing to think it will at least be very good, you'll have to draw your own conclusions.

Offline J888www

Although I am using Belkins ps/2 to USB adapters with my MiniTouchs ATM, I am still searching for a GigawareŽ PS/2 to USB Adapter (1 Port), apparently it also works.

I previously used a Bluecube (pic of it attached to MiniTouch ONE), it blocked one of the laptop USB ports, but it also works.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 November 2010, 18:50:06 by J888www »

Offline TexasFlood

Quote from: J888www;248315
Although I am using Belkins ps/2 to USB adapters with my MiniTouchs ATM, I am still searching for a GigawareŽ PS/2 to USB Adapter (1 Port), apparently it also works.

I previously used a Bluecube (pic of it attached to MiniTouch ONE), it blocked one of the laptop USB ports, but it also works.

I have Belkins as well.  And a few older generic crappy ones I won't count.  I hope this to be on par with the Belkins, better would also work! ;-D

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
I soldered together my own passive USB adapter so I could use a full-sized keyboard with my laptop computer.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline TexasFlood

Mine came in the mail.  Couple days ago actually.  Took me a while to get it out of the box, :wink:.  I've only tried with an M13 so far.  My wife forced me to clean up recently so I have to go drag some out to do more testing.