Author Topic: Just got a chance to try Das Model S/Cherry MX Brown...  (Read 1153 times)

Offline NamelessPFG

Just got a chance to try Das Model S/Cherry MX Brown...
« on: Thu, 18 November 2010, 13:43:26 »
Quite a nice keyboard, but the curvature is definitely less than my beloved Model Ms. Might take a bit of getting used to. NKRO is also nice. Keys are pad-printed, though-probably to be expected on a black keyboard, but given the expense, I figured they might have went with double-shots or something else really high-quality.

But onward to the real meat of my opinion-the Cherry MX Brown switches. Now I know what they mean by buckling-spring users moving to those-the tactile bump is almost unnoticeable at times. Pressing down slowly, I can kind of feel it, but my fingers still mash through most of the time. (At least I might find it more preferable to the MX Black switches despite being practically nonexistent.) It's also still noisy, despite this supposedly being the "Silent" model due to the MX Brown switches; maybe it's just the way I type, since I make practically any keyboard noisy.

I can only wonder what the MX Blue switches are like...guess I'll find out in a few weeks.