Author Topic: One Q about browns, one about blues  (Read 1371 times)

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

One Q about browns, one about blues
« on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 17:49:57 »
1. Compared to a Compaq-branded G80 (11800 or some such) with browns, does getting a Filco or Das or something really make a noticeable favourable difference?

2. Suppose I want to get something with blues in Europe. Barring Classifieds (which is always the best way), do I just get a Razer Blackwidow or do I want to get Das or wait for TKC to get a blue Filco or something?

woody

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 18:07:29 »
Quote from: NewbieOneKenobi;250824
2. Suppose I want to get something with blues in Europe. Barring Classifieds (which is always the best way), do I just get a Razer Blackwidow or do I want to get Das or wait for TKC to get a blue Filco or something?

I'd wait TKC for Filco Tenkeyless, or just buy the 104-version which they have in stock now.

Main point is - you invest once, you get probably the best MX blue keyboard. Saves time, money and lotsa wondering in the future.

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 November 2010, 18:18:01 »
Quote from: woody;250834
I'd wait TKC for Filco Tenkeyless, or just buy the 104-version which they have in stock now.

Main point is - you invest once, you get probably the best MX blue keyboard. Saves time, money and lotsa wondering in the future.

Aint that the truth, for a week or two I looked around for a used compaq mx 11800 on ebay hoping to aid my cherry brown curiosity. I finally ended up just buying a filco tenkeyless with browns NIB. Figured if I didn't like it, it would sell much higher than the compaq anyways. Also I won't be thinking "o snap..I wonder how them cherry brown filcos feel..."

If you can push out an extra $30 or something, grab yourself a ducky dk1087 with browns. The compaq mx 11800 are going for 50+ on ebay at the moment.

Me want some red cherries :frown:
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 November 2010, 18:26:06 by kidchunks »
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com