Author Topic: Cherry MX Keys  (Read 4804 times)

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

• Trade Count: (0)
Cherry MX Keys
« on: Fri, 26 November 2010, 21:21:12 »
My Cherry 11900 has a few missing keys.  Any help is much appreciated.

I need the following keys:

- F1 through F12
- Esc
- Caps Lock
- Shift left and right both with stabilizer sockets
- Enter 2x1 size with stabilizer sockets
- Backspace 2X1 size with stabilizer sockets
- "0" on the number-pad 2x1 size with stabilizer sockets
- "+" on the number-pad 1x2 size with stabilizer sockets
- "-" on the number-pad

Total: 21

I don't care what color they are, as long as they are not black.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 December 2010, 00:47:25 by 8_INCH_FLOPPY »
Notable Switches I have tried:
black cherry, blue cherry, brown cherry, clear cherry, cherry M84, white alps, black alps, cream alps, Monterey blue alps, Fujitsu Peerless, Gateway2000 rubber dome, Keytronic rubber dome, Model M buckling spring, Model F buckling spring, futaba, black space invader

================================================
HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 28 November 2010, 23:53:32 »
It might help if someone could tell me if the keys used on the 11900 that I am looking for are compatible with some other Cherry keys.
black cherry, blue cherry, brown cherry, clear cherry, cherry M84, white alps, black alps, cream alps, Monterey blue alps, Fujitsu Peerless, Gateway2000 rubber dome, Keytronic rubber dome, Model M buckling spring, Model F buckling spring, futaba, black space invader

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 November 2010, 01:55:51 »
The 11800 and 1190x use similar keysets, the difference being Cherry black/brown and trackpad/trackball.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 November 2010, 00:31:38 »
OK, thanks again.  Are there any other cherry keyboards that have compatible keys?  The keys I need all look pretty standard-sized, but I don't have a normal cherry keyboard to compare them to.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2010, 14:47:47 by 8_INCH_FLOPPY »

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 14 December 2010, 14:23:49 »
With all of the people who are buying extra sets of cherry keys, I thought I'd have an offer by now.

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline itlnstln

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 14 December 2010, 14:30:47 »
Keys from the 1800 series would fit as would the MXSPOS.  I would try locating a G81-1800, and pulling from there.  You would have a few extras, too.

Offline Findecanor

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 14 December 2010, 15:55:08 »
The G80-11800 and G80-11900 are a bit weird in that the top rows and the numpad are all the same height and profile as the Caps Lock row -- the lowest keys. On most other keyboards, the top row(s) are the highest.
There should be someone (closer to you than I am) who has sawed off the numpad, and can provide you with that. (or you could do that mod yourself ... see my sig for the link to a thread with several examples of that)

The G80/G81-1800 has a different profile on the keys, and it also has smaller + and 0 keys, and the - key is moved down a row. The only 2×1 key with stabilizers on the G80/G81-1800's numpad is the Enter key. By the way, some G81's may have different stabilizers.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 December 2010, 15:58:13 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 14 December 2010, 23:21:26 »
I like the number pad and am unwilling to do away with it. The profile of the keys is not all that important to me, since most of the keys already on the board are from a 11800.  I just want keys that will fit and line up with the stabilizers.

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 13:20:58 »
bump

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 27 December 2010, 13:21:39 »
bump

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 27 December 2010, 13:26:50 »
Could some admin please change the title to "WTB Cherry MX Keys"?  I think I'll get a lot more hits that way.

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 December 2010, 13:33:05 »
Quote from: 8_INCH_FLOPPY;269446
Could some admin please change the title to "WTB Cherry MX Keys"? I think I'll get a lot more hits that way.
done

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 01:43:12 »
Thanks

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 00:30:25 »
bump

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 05:13:33 »
I probably can help you with all but the left shift. Dunno if shipping costs would be worth it for you though.

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 25 February 2011, 20:55:35 »
Thanks for the offer.  I'll get back to you if I can't find a cheaper alternative.

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 10 April 2011, 17:53:50 »
bump

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 02 May 2011, 23:32:36 »
Anyone? Please?

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 22:57:10 »
Did I mention that I want to BUY them? As in, pay money for them? That's what WTB means...

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

Cherry MX Keys
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 00:07:36 »
bump

HAPPY HUNTING