Author Topic: Armygroup discussion thread  (Read 108123 times)

Offline ynih

Armygroup discussion thread
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 00:03:46 »
Quote from: Nadger;273382
I was curious what the chinese see when they try to buy from us:

and i noticed something funny

They give pretty much everything 5/5 stars.  Easily impressed i guess.

I think not only do some of the posts get censored/deleted, but also because most people do not have anything in excess. They probably only have 1 or two computers at the maximum and only have 1 keyboard...not much to compare it with. Not like us, hording 3+...just on our desk. Not to mention the pile of NIBs in the closet. =D
Keyboards: (2) FKBN87MC/EB | (2) FKBN87M/EB | (1) FKBN87ML/EB | (1) FKBN87Z/EB | (1) FKBN104M/AI | (1) FKBN104MC/AI | (1) FKB104M/EB | (1) RK-9000 | (1) RF 86U SE05C0 all 45g modded | (1) HHKB 2 Pro PD-KB400W

Offline evoli

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 00:27:58 »
Quote from: kidchunks;276439
That looks right

It took them a few days to update my order. I think they do it manually lol

I have my fingers crossed that it shipped and they simply didn't update it.  That's best case scenario for me, I think.
Owner of and writer for GOSUTrolling.com, a Starcraft journalism venture.

Offline ihaveworms

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 01:09:07 »
I just want to make sure I am looking at the right board. This one is the full sized with brown switches and is in english, correct?

http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=1675

Also, at the bottom of the page, you have the yellow wasd keys. Are those included? Google translate translated it to "gift" and I wasn't sure if it is included as a gift or you can get them for the keyboard for an additional cost. Thanks.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 01:20:04 »
Quote from: ihaveworms;276504
I just want to make sure I am looking at the right board. This one is the full sized with brown switches and is in english, correct?

http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=1675

Also, at the bottom of the page, you have the yellow wasd keys. Are those included? Google translate translated it to "gift" and I wasn't sure if it is included as a gift or you can get them for the keyboard for an additional cost. Thanks.

Yes, It's a Filco 104 with Cherry Brown switches.
The WASD are give free.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 01:29:57 »
Quote from: schnarkie;276360
I guess my only question is the yellow WASD keys sit a lot higher than my other keys I guess? Is this supposed to be like this?  I just installed them and I can tell a big difference in the height of the keys. Thanks
edit* put them on again  and make sure they were fully seated, and they are fine.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 January 2011, 01:37:12 by Cyanide »

Offline evoli

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 04:09:45 »
For those curious, the customer service at armygroup got back to me.  I guess they forgot about me. :[

Dear Customer: We are very sorry for you wait a long time, Has acknowledged receipt of your payment from PAYPAL, will ship at the latest tomorrow, thank you. have a nice day Customer Service

Offline ihaveworms

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 04:42:18 »
I feel for you, evoli. I ordered mine just a few hours ago and already got my shipped email.

Offline evoli

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 05:35:15 »
Quote from: ihaveworms;276575
I feel for you, evoli. I ordered mine just a few hours ago and already got my shipped email.

Oh geeze.

I honestly think they just got forgot about me.  They didn't respond and let me know they were on back order or anything, they just let me know that let me know they would ship it asap.

I should have emailed them last week it seems.

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 06:56:49 »
Yea that happens too, when I bought my 104 blank keycap set from them, they forgot to ship it. But when I recently bought my all white filco, they shipped it asap.

For future customers, if you see your item hasn't updated after seeing the "stocking the" for a few days (2-3) kindly send them an email. They reply back pretty quickly.
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com

Offline clack

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 16:27:55 »
For those of you who can't use your tracking number, copy the EMS number and plug it in this page. http://postserv.post.gov.tw/webpost/CSController?cmd=POS4004_1&_ACTIVE_ID=191 I think the default one they use when you click on it is for China only and then this one is international. I ordered last Saturday and it still hasn't arrived here in New England. I think it might be the weather. Who delivers the package? USPS? UPS?

Edit: Here's a better English one that also works. http://www.track-trace.com/post/track It says on here Arrival at delivery office    Jan/08/2011     09:37 , does that mean that I have to get it from the post office? :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 January 2011, 16:40:40 by clack »

Offline CrAwL

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 18:40:06 »
Oh my god my keyboard has already here! (typing on it right now) I ordered this full size nkro filco cherry browns thursday night 8pm pacific and it is here today on tuesday the 11th in issaquah washington (real close to seattle).

Packing was great nothing damaged at all got extra red esc key, yellow wasd and a key puller and a cleaning brush from armygroup! I'm very happy typing so far on it and its time for some starcraft 2 =)!

Offline jdreamer

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 21:01:31 »
Crawl, let me know how browns works in SC2.
My life for Aiur!

Offline Daman

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 11 January 2011, 22:16:37 »
Thanks for those tracking links. I got the flight information for my package, and I now know it'll be arriving in New York ~8am tomorrow. I can even stay up all night and track the flight on google maps if I wanted to. Pretty great. Was ordered saturday, didn't process until Monday Taiwan-time which was ~10pm Sunday EST. Shipped Tuesday Taiwan-time which was ~10pm Monday EST.

Got a 104-key NKRO cherry blue, and ordered a blank set just because it was pretty cheap to add on. Will probably stick with printed characters just so other people besides me can use the keyboard.

if I got an 87-key I could cosplay as fruitdealer, oh well. can't wait to see how it feels in SC2 as well(will probably not improve my skill).

Offline CrAwL

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 12 January 2011, 20:50:21 »
Quote from: jdreamer;277142
Crawl, let me know how browns works in SC2.

Works great on starcraft 2, I had a steelseries 6gv2 before and it wasn't bad for starcraft 2 though i think the amount of pressure to push down on them was a little too much for rts.  I think that browns are a good compromise but it all comes down to personal preference.

I also play WoW and some cod blops with it too, no complaints from me so far.

Offline jdreamer

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 12 January 2011, 20:59:13 »
Does it sound noisy since in SC2, we have to 'spam' a lot? Hahax.
My life for Aiur!

Offline jomiyo

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 23:17:34 »
'Ello, great forum you have here :wave:

I was wanting to know if someone would be so kind to confirm the exact price, in USD, of a Majestouch Tenkeyless Brown shipped to Oklahoma City (Oklahoma, US)?
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 January 2011, 23:24:33 by jomiyo »

Offline BlueRain

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 23:41:43 »
Quote from: jomiyo;278331
'Ello, great forum you have here :wave:

I was wanting to know if someone would be so kind to confirm the exact price, in USD, of a Majestouch Tenkeyless Brown shipped to Oklahoma City (Oklahoma, US)?

Welcome to GH! It'd probably be around $150 with everything included (paypal fees + shipping)...

Offline WXGhoul

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 23:55:19 »
this thread is awesome and so is armygroup. fast shipping and free stuff. pretty neat!
"All I do, is sit down at the keyboard, and start hittin\' the keys. Getting them in the right order, that\'s the trick."

Filco Tenkeyless Cherry Blue
Razer DeathAdder 3500

Offline jomiyo

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 00:12:10 »
Quote from: BlueRain;278334
Welcome to GH! It'd probably be around $150 with everything included (paypal fees + shipping)...

Thanks. Will be ordering tomorrow...can't wait! :biggrin1:

Offline Crux

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 01:06:41 »
A quick question - what with the customs ?
Armygroup does state the full value of the shipment, right ?

Offline ihaveworms

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 02:33:28 »
Not sure if this already common knowledge, but once the package arrives in the US, you can use the same tracking number (i.e. EE#########TW) and paste it here to track it:
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do

Offline Ellypse

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 02:36:24 »
Thanks for the buying guide! Ordered myself a White Filco w/ Browns and a Black Filco w/ Blues. Worked out about AU$200 cheaper then buying locally with all the gifts factored in.

A tip when using Chrome's translator, on the Shipping Information page, after you select your Region, you can tell Chrome to render the original, then tell it to Translate to English again and the next select box (Country or state or whatever it is) will be in English too.

Offline CrAwL

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 11:05:39 »
Quote from: jdreamer;277650
Does it sound noisy since in SC2, we have to 'spam' a lot? Hahax.

No not really a lot of noise at all, maybe just slightly above a normal keyboard.  The space does kind of make a louder thud noise, but for me its really not noticeable since I usually game with headphones on anyway.  Pretty happy with the board so far.

Offline jomiyo

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 03:45:37 »
Ok, I decided to hold off and see about possibly getting a Leopold from EK instead. Hope they offer them fairly soon, as I'm really itching for my first Mech KB!
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 January 2011, 03:50:42 by jomiyo »

Offline fkassad

« Reply #174 on: Sun, 16 January 2011, 14:31:02 »
Great thread.  Ordered my keyboard last tuesday 1/4 and got the keyboard on 1/14.  Like previously stated in this thread if you have a question you can send a message to armygroup and they will get back to you (in English).  Ordered a Filco Tenkeyless with Cherry MX Brown switches.  Spent about $155 and got it shipped to Connecticut.  Easiest way to navigate their site is google chrome + the built in translation.

Thanks.

Offline Asherz

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 23 January 2011, 10:36:45 »
Quote from: fkassad;279505
Great thread.  Ordered my keyboard last tuesday 1/4 and got the keyboard on 1/14.  Like previously stated in this thread if you have a question you can send a message to armygroup and they will get back to you (in English).  Ordered a Filco Tenkeyless with Cherry MX Brown switches.  Spent about $155 and got it shipped to Connecticut.  Easiest way to navigate their site is google chrome + the built in translation.

Thanks.

Glad the thread helped! :)

I have to admit Armygroup are crazy fast at shipping internationally and generally just a great company to deal with :)

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 14:52:13 »
could not hold off for a leopold from EK, so i just got 2 Filco 104-key keyboards, one with blues and one with browns!  The order does not say i have paid for it yet but i just ordered it.
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline RiGS

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 15:21:40 »
Mechs are addictive like crack.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 15:22:19 »
You sound like a Mech Head.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 15:33:46 »
Sure. I dream about cherry switches while sleeping.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline zaerst

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 18:27:41 »
Just got my first mech kybd! Ordered from Army group on the 20th, received on the 27th.
Brown switches.

kybd1 by Zaerst, on Flickr

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 18:41:11 »
mech keyboards are awesummm

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 22:43:30 »
anyone know how long it will say "unrecognized" btw?   I ordered about 8 hours ago and paid with paypal and i thought that they would have updated it by now, but it still has not changed.

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 29 January 2011, 01:54:26 »
I think they update the status manually and am not sure if they work on weekends. If it still isn't updated on Monday, send them an email and ask if your order is being handled.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Variable

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 29 January 2011, 02:02:17 »
$155 shipped doesn't seem THAT bad.

but then it's practically february already and I should probably just wait for the leopolds

Offline zaerst

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 29 January 2011, 13:25:27 »
I would expect the order to take a lot longer than usual. you ordered at a bad time, chinese new year. ;)

Offline Surly73

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 21:04:21 »
OK, I'm seriously thinking about trying a Filco order from Army group.

I'm in Canada, and they really screw us with fees when importing - brokerage, taxes, etc...  I have things fairly well worked out for goods coming from the USA but anything significant coming from Taiwan would be a significant departure for me.

I noticed in my tester google translated checkout that it had a line for "Taxes (already paid)".  Does anyone know if that means they use a postal service class that already has all import fees and taxes paid?  Or am I going to be in for a nasty surprise to get my package out of custody when it arrives?  Once UPS held a package ransom for double it's value in brokerage fees.  I don't wish to repeat that again.

Offline Kacee

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 16 February 2011, 03:05:57 »
I believe those taxes they mentioned are the export tax and/or some kind of local taxes in Taiwan. You are going to have to pay import tax and/or any kind of taxes from your side.

They ship fast and EMS from Taiwan to Vietnam is blazingly fast... order placed 4PM yesterday, shipped at 8PM, arrived at customs 2PM today, going to be delivered in about few hours... that's about 30 hours :D

Offline Rairden

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 16 February 2011, 04:06:56 »
You know what's weird.  I follow the guide and go to paypal, pay as guest.  Use my debit card that I've had forever.  I think it's cuz my paypal account is deliquent $400 from like 7 years ago.  Says "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

Anyone else get that?
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 February 2011, 04:23:15 by Rairden »

Offline Surly73

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 16 February 2011, 07:45:41 »
Quote from: Kacee;295950
I believe those taxes they mentioned are the export tax and/or some kind of local taxes in Taiwan. You are going to have to pay import tax and/or any kind of taxes from your side.

OK, that's fair enough.  It's a valid assumption that I'd be responsible for import fees.  I have, however, dealt with a few retailers who are set up with Canada Post/customs to charge taxes/brokerage at their shopping cart level meaning the package comes straight to your door pre-cleared with no extra fuss.  I didn't know if that was the case here since they clearly use a high-grade postal shipping class to achieve the quick shipping speeds they seem to have.

If I'm going to get saddled with unknown brokerage fees (hopefully $8 worst case if it arrives via Canada Post) and another 13% tax then the Armygroup pricing is less attractive :(.

Offline neo

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 16 February 2011, 07:55:42 »
Quote from: Rairden;295968
You know what's weird.  I follow the guide and go to paypal, pay as guest.  Use my debit card that I've had forever.  I think it's cuz my paypal account is deliquent $400 from like 7 years ago.  Says "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

Anyone else get that?

I got exactly the same problem! Tried multiple credit cards, both as a "guest" and through my PayPal account (with linked confirmed credit card) - I get "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment" or "Link another credit card to your account". This happens no matter which card I try to use.

PayPal "transaction screening software" must have gone really nuts. PayPal forums are full of people with the same problem.

How am I going to buy my Filco?

Offline neo

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 16 February 2011, 15:52:05 »
Is there any other way to pay Armygroup from abroad besides PayPal?

Offline Rairden

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 16 February 2011, 16:39:59 »
Just tried friends card (that has paypal account), but I used one of his random debit cards and pay as guest:

"Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct, or try a different credit or debit card."

Then I just tried using his paypal account (log into paypal) and it worked.  Armygroup went up in prices.  Few days ago I tested and it was $4500 THB.  When I did the order today it was $4625.

I ordered the 87 key browns (majestouch tenkeyless MX brown).  Shipping to Missouri, USA for $161.48.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 February 2011, 16:48:08 by Rairden »

Offline Exoverture

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 01:12:59 »
Just sprung on a tenkeyless Filco brown :)!

Hope I don't get hit with custom taxes in Canada...

Offline Surly73

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 07:06:59 »
Quote from: Exoverture;296572
Just sprung on a tenkeyless Filco brown :)!

Hope I don't get hit with custom taxes in Canada...

Please advise what happens - PM me if you don't want to post publicly - thanks!  You've just ordered what I an seriously thinking about getting from them...

Offline Exoverture

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 08:57:27 »
Quote from: Surly73;296639
Please advise what happens - PM me if you don't want to post publicly - thanks!  You've just ordered what I an seriously thinking about getting from them...

No problem. I understand people want to know if Canadians get taxed from these guys, I tried to look myself.. lol.

On a good note, it already shipped! I ordered less than 8 hours ago and it's already shipped. Amazing.

Offline Rairden

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 09:19:57 »
Exoverture, how do you know it shipped?  What does it say?

In two days mine has gone from saying:

day1: Confirmed, paid, stocking the
day2: Confirmed, paid, receiving recognition

NEVERMIND.  Checked email and it shipped 4 hours ago (4 AM CST).
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 February 2011, 09:24:46 by Rairden »

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 12:31:21 »
Armygroup is fantastic!! Will definitely buy again.

I paid last Saturday, around 6pm EST (probably 6am Taiwan time, if they are on the same time as Beijing), the package was sent Monday, arrived in NY two days ago, and came to my door today!

I wasn't here to receive it, so I have to go pick it up from the post office monday :(

Protip: use your EMS code from the Armygroup website at the USPS tracking site and you'll know exactly where your package is once it hits US shores.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline Rairden

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 12:38:33 »
XL, so you got it in 6 days from order date?  Seems you ordered at the best possible time (saturday or sunday).

So it was shipped monday and arrived in NY tuesday?  One day!?
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 February 2011, 12:41:22 by Rairden »

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 17 February 2011, 12:48:25 »
Quote from: Rairden;296780
XL, so you got it in 6 days from order date?  Seems you ordered at the best possible time (saturday or sunday).

So it was shipped monday and arrived in NY tuesday?  One day!?

That's what EMS and Taiwan Post records show. It left he facility Monday morning Taiwan time, got on a plane either that day or the next, and landed in NY on the 15th. It doesn't show what day it left Taiwan. Considering the 12 hour time difference and the ~20 hour flight, the difference would only be 8 hours (i.e. if the plane left Tuesday morning at 8 am Taiwan time it'd be in NY 4pm US time). Then it just breezed through customs and was sent down here.

Seeing as it moved so quick through customs I'm thinking it was marked as a gift and wasn't charged and taxes, so that's good.

EDIT: I dun goofed. Here's the USPS's schedule:

-Out for Delivery, February 17, 2011, 9:34 am, COLLEGE PARK, MD 20740
-Sorting Complete, February 17, 2011, 9:24 am, COLLEGE PARK, MD 20740
-Arrival at Post Office, February 17, 2011, 8:54 am, COLLEGE PARK, MD 20740
-Processed through Sort Facility, February 17, 2011, 4:32 am, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790
-Inbound International Arrival, February 16, 2011, 3:56 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
-Foreign International Dispatch, February 14, 2011, 9:06 pm, TAIPEI INT AMF, TAIWAN
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 February 2011, 13:52:07 by .XL »
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)