Author Topic: Armygroup discussion thread  (Read 108151 times)

Offline WhiteRice

Armygroup discussion thread
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 09:22:50 »
Nicole are you from armygroup?

:3

Offline Asherz

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 09:31:06 »
Quote from: kidchunks;256224
Naw that must mean getting the item from stocking..it takes a few days for some reason. They'll ship it out eventually.

Ah good, hopefully they ship it out Monday, patience isn't my best attribute :p

Offline Nicole_WWE

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 10:16:36 »
Quote from: WhiteRice;256267
Nicole are you from armygroup?

:3

i just a love WWE the nicole

Offline Tai32

order just shipped
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 11:10:41 »
I ordered on Tuesday. seems like they just start shipping today on Friday. Careful when your order moves to shipped there is a received package something or other button. DONT click on it. It moves your order status to complete. I was looking for the EMS tracking number and clicked on it. I messaged them asking them to move it back to waiting on receive, I'm currently waiting on their reply.

Someone asked how much it cost after everything. I ordered 4 Filco Tenkeyless at a base price of 3400 TWD, after taxes, shipping, and fees it was 142 US dollars per keyboard.

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 17:54:57 »
Finally received my blanks..eh it was wrapped pretty well but the keys are all over the place. Spending the better have putting them back in order.
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 18:00:55 »
yea I barely use the keypuller that came with my filco, The green one that came with my ghss works a treat :)
Topre || BS > *

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 18:59:30 »
finally got them back in order..will post some snaps of them on my keyboards.
Topre || BS > *

Offline mahimahimahi

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 21:54:05 »
I am now typing on my new Filco! It just arived from Tiawan :). I'm very happy with the speed and the cost of this keyboard. Thanks for showing me this business GeekHack :D.

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 22:46:35 »
Armygroup just dropped the filco tenkeyless in white..too bad the keys ain't white or this would have been ordered already.

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 December 2010, 23:06:08 by kidchunks »
Topre || BS > *

Offline fssbzz

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 22:47:56 »
wow but it looks very very nice.

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 04 December 2010, 00:20:05 »
Quote from: kidchunks;256763
Armygroup just dropped the filco tenkeyless in white..too bad the keys ain't white or this would have been ordered already.

Show Image
Son of a b...

I hope pchome gets some too.

Offline fssbzz

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 04 December 2010, 00:21:36 »
Quote from: whiterice;256791
son of a b...

I hope pchome gets some too.

lol
i still prefer the white from 1087
this looks like milk white

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 04 December 2010, 00:24:07 »
I wonder if an all white key cap set is in the works.
Topre || BS > *

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 04 December 2010, 00:59:46 »
Was anyone daring enough to try the "ATM Transfer" method of payment. If so could you share the details? Avoiding those paypal fees would be pretty cool...

Offline Asherz

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 04 December 2010, 06:48:06 »
Mine's just shipped out either last night/today, hopefully it should arrive next week! :) Very quick shipping out compared to most chinese companies (Taiwanese?)

Offline F2a

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 04 December 2010, 15:39:56 »
I can talk to them about doing a bulk order.

Offline know

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 01:31:09 »
Just to add to the fire, I'm using a tenkeyless that arrived in fantastic condition. Definitely do not worry about package protection as it came wrapped in four layers of bubble wrap (unless you expect crimes against nature whilst in transit).

I was a little wary of having my entire address contained in a single line in the address field, but that worked out fine. Definitely would recommend Armygroup to Australian users if PChome doesn't fit the bill.

Additionally, since it was mentioned a page back, are the capslock keys on the Filcos stabilized? It wiggles more than the backspace, enter or spacebar, so I would assume not. I'm thinking about replacing the wide key with a smaller, normal sized key to prevent hitting it accidentally. I don't want to brazenly rip it out without knowing in advance though.

Offline jaynoon

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 02:03:26 »
Quote from: know;257366
I'm thinking about replacing the wide key with a smaller, normal sized key to prevent hitting it accidentally. I don't want to brazenly rip it out without knowing in advance though.

Just remap Caps to something useful in software.. ctrl, or maybe backspace..
Home: Filco Tenkeyless Brown | Work: KBC Poker w/ Reds | Laptop: MacBook Air Keyboard

Offline Azuremen

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 02:40:29 »
Quote from: know;257366

Additionally, since it was mentioned a page back, are the capslock keys on the Filcos stabilized? It wiggles more than the backspace, enter or spacebar, so I would assume not. I'm thinking about replacing the wide key with a smaller, normal sized key to prevent hitting it accidentally. I don't want to brazenly rip it out without knowing in advance though.

Isn't stabilized. Just pulled mine off to check.

I would just remap it to backspace, so nice to have that way.
Filco Tenkeyless Tactile Click ~ Kinesis Professional ~ White label Model M ~ DX HHKB Killer
Mionix Naos 5000 ~ Logitech Mx518
Flickr

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
White FILCO Tenkeyless with Cherry Browns?
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 21:50:45 »
Can anyone figure out which of the (2) different White FILCO Tenkeyless keyboards armygroup shows comes with Cherry Brown switches?

http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=5527
OR
http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=5528

the listings appear identical to me.

Thanks a LOT!

-Shaun
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 22:03:37 »
Quote from: inlikeflynn;257860
Can anyone figure out which of the (2) different White FILCO Tenkeyless keyboards armygroup shows comes with Cherry Brown switches?

http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=5528

That one.

"tea-axis" = browns
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline Broncosoozie

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 22:17:01 »
I had the same issue ordering from them a few days ago, but yeah as Megaweapon said, tea-axis is equivalent to the Cherry Browns.

I just used this guide linked on the first page:
http://park16.wakwak.com/~ex4/kb/tech_cherry_mx.htm

Then just copied the symbols and did a find on the page :).

Work: White HHKB Pro 2 w/ lettering
Home: White Filco tenkeyless MX Browns
Laptop: Black Filco tenkeyless MX Blacks

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 23:29:21 »
thanks a lot, that is very helpful for me!
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Asherz

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 05:30:46 »
Just got my cherry blue 10 keyless Filco through the post! In 6 days from China to the UK! I've never had anything ship that fast, including the weekend as well I was very pleased with the service! :)

I got some pictures of the packing/unboxing etc.

Lots of bubble rap, a good two inches worth around the brown paper wrapping.

The actual keyboard box is flawless, no damage at all!

Inside the box, on top there's the USB adapter and an armygroup sticker

Underneath there was some free items, including red escape key, yellow WASD keys, key extractor and a cool portable brush :)

Last shot with all the new keys installed etc.

As for actually typing on the keyboard, it's so nice, I really don't know how I coped with my apple keyboard for so long, this board is so comfy to type on, and doesn't make your wrists or fingers ache at all. The quality of the keyboard is fantastic, has a real nice weight too it. I honestly wasn't expecting it too be this nice, and I had quite high expectations to begin with :)

Offline MysteryOfTime

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 09:01:35 »
Has anyone ordered the Realforce 87U from Armygroup? If so how much was it and how much was the shipping(to the US)?

Offline MysteryOfTime

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 09:43:19 »
Quote from: MysteryOfTime;259524
Has anyone ordered the Realforce 87U from Armygroup? If so how much was it and how much was the shipping(to the US)?

Nevermind, it looks like they are out :(

Offline jdreamer

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 15:53:14 »
How much did you pay for your Filco Tenkeyless and postage? Is the postage all fixed for international? I am looking to ship one to Australia for X'mas or something.

Cheers.
My life for Aiur!

Offline Broncosoozie

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 15:57:10 »
Quote from: jdreamer;259769
How much did you pay for your Filco Tenkeyless and postage? Is the postage all fixed for international? I am looking to ship one to Australia for X'mas or something.

Cheers.

I'm not sure if postage is fixed for international.  I paid around $150 USD shipped to California for the white tenkeyless.

For those who previously ordered: did they send you an email saying they shipped it or anything like that? I ordered last Friday and my shipping status according to their site (and using google translator) is still "Stocking in the".
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 December 2010, 15:57:52 by Broncosoozie »

Work: White HHKB Pro 2 w/ lettering
Home: White Filco tenkeyless MX Browns
Laptop: Black Filco tenkeyless MX Blacks

Offline mattdurham

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 16:02:03 »
Just got in a Brown Filco Tenkeyless and the shipping was super fast. Around a week and the packaging was insane. Much like above two layers of bubble wrap with nylon wrapping and then finally brown paper expertly covered the box.

The browns are very nice and I think I prefer it over my Unicomp, I mainly bought it to replace my apple keyboard at work since my coworkers would kill me if I brought in the unicomp. The only problem I have is one side is slightly higher than the other which makes it a bit wobbly, a small slip of paper folded fixed the issue but I will probably have to have a longer term fix. Other than that its superb.

jdreamer, mine came out around 150 shipped to the USA.

Broncosoozie, mine is not in stocking in the, but the number they gave me still has yet to be useful. Though is the same one that was on the USPS and EMS labels of the package.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 December 2010, 16:04:08 by mattdurham »

Offline jdreamer

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 17:17:12 »
If that is 150USD, then it is around 153AUD or so. Still $30 cheaper than my local store.. do I buy it from them or should I get them from my local store? Dilemma...
My life for Aiur!

Offline Azuremen

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 17:34:04 »
Quote from: jdreamer;259829
If that is 150USD, then it is around 153AUD or so. Still $30 cheaper than my local store.. do I buy it from them or should I get them from my local store? Dilemma...

I have this odd feeling you'd get charged more for shipping and such, since your government hates importing anything and its citizens. :wink:

I just wish they would combine shipping. I add on the Filco keycap set and it adds like 7 dollars in shipping. Can't they just toss it in the box with the keyboard and blank keyset?
Filco Tenkeyless Tactile Click ~ Kinesis Professional ~ White label Model M ~ DX HHKB Killer
Mionix Naos 5000 ~ Logitech Mx518
Flickr

Offline jdreamer

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 08 December 2010, 18:36:21 »
Really? How do you know?

After what you have said, I have further dilemma now.. I thought only items that are over 1k will be taxed for us, in Australia.
My life for Aiur!

Offline Asherz

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 02:25:08 »
Hi guys, after getting used to my keyboard I decided I'm gonna take the plunge and go for the blank keys on army group as well, since my brother wants to order a keyboard after using mine I may as well get the most out of the postage. I was just wandering is it possible to get blank white keys? I found the blank ones but white blank keys would be quite cool.

Offline know

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 06:53:17 »
Quote from: jdreamer;259829

Mine was shipped to Melbourne, all up for $140AUD, give or take a smidge. Certainly buying from within the country will be an easier process, and faster as well, however I found the savings worth my time and effort.

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 06:56:09 »
Quote from: Asherz;260005
Hi guys, after getting used to my keyboard I decided I'm gonna take the plunge and go for the blank keys on army group as well, since my brother wants to order a keyboard after using mine I may as well get the most out of the postage. I was just wandering is it possible to get blank white keys? I found the blank ones but white blank keys would be quite cool.

Nope

I'm been looking around and still no go on whites.
Topre || BS > *

Offline jdreamer

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 14:32:56 »
Quote from: know;260066
Mine was shipped to Melbourne, all up for $140AUD, give or take a smidge. Certainly buying from within the country will be an easier process, and faster as well, however I found the savings worth my time and effort.

No tax and whatsoever right? If it is $140AUD, I will try to place order soon. :D
My life for Aiur!

Offline user91

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 20:52:51 »
You guys are a bad influence. I posted about my NMB "space invader," split-space/backspace keyboard two days ago, and I've already decided to buy a keyboard. I bought the Filco Brown Cherry 104 from Armygroup yesterday. I have a Unicomp 104, and found the action similar to a Model M, but too stiff for daily programming. I ended up going back to my Apple "chicklet" style USB keyboard at home, and either using the Microsoft Wireless 3000 (yet another rubber dome keyboard), or the very nice scissor switch Thinkpad W510 keyboard on my laptop.

I have high hopes for the brown cherry switches, however, and I love the simple, clean design of the Filco Majestouch 104. I'll hopefully be able to use it for daily work.

I imagine the action of the keys is similar to that of those old mechanical Dell keyboards, AT101W I believe, but I hope it'll feel a little more satisfying.

Offline jdreamer

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 10 December 2010, 00:40:32 »
What freebies are they giving out if I purchase a tenkeyless from them? The red and yellow keys? How long does it take to reach here?
My life for Aiur!

Offline Asherz

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 10 December 2010, 02:35:23 »
Quote from: jdreamer;260500
What freebies are they giving out if I purchase a tenkeyless from them? The red and yellow keys? How long does it take to reach here?

I got a free red escape key, yellow WASD keyset, Filco single key and a cool portable fold away dust brush thing (looks a bit like a makeup brush) Oh and a Filco keypuller.

Shame no ones found any blank whites, that sucks :[ black it is I guess.

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 10 December 2010, 13:41:55 »
Army group is having a $100 TWD off when you buy over $1500 TWD this weekend.

It's ~$3.30 USD. Something is better than nothing.

Offline HungryPillow

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 08:45:51 »
Just have a quick question... what's the difference between the Majestouch versions and non Majestouch versions of the Filco keyboards?

Thinking about picking up a blue cherry version and I know the Majestouch version is out of stock, but I'm still curious. Aside from the price difference I don't see anything else.

http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=1665

http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=1673
Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Filco Majestouch MX Blues | Corsair K70 RGB MX Browns | Ducky Shine 4 MX Clears / Browns | WhiteFox Aria MX Browns

Offline HungryPillow

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 09:00:30 »
Thanks ripster.

So the non Majestouch is from Filco and the Majestouch is from Diatec? Does Diatec do anything to the keyboards to differentiate them from the normal Filcos?

Looks like about a $13 difference between Majestouch and non-Majestouch. If everything is the same I'll probably just get the non-Majestouch version. This will be my first keyboard after the 87U so I'm really looking forward to it :)
Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Filco Majestouch MX Blues | Corsair K70 RGB MX Browns | Ducky Shine 4 MX Clears / Browns | WhiteFox Aria MX Browns

Offline HungryPillow

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 09:07:44 »
haha, ok I'll go ahead and order then.

I did notice one small thing but don't know if it's accurate or not. Looks like the Majestouch version has the Filco logo in silver and the non-Majestouch version is gold.

Offline laden3

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 13:19:31 »
silver logo is not NKRO, gold logo is NKRO
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline WicKeD

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 14:32:02 »
Hi there,

First time poster and I'd just like to start off by saying thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread, it's been very informative.

However, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out a bit with ordering a cherry brown filco tenkeyless version from armygroup. I'd just like to know:

Is there is a way to tell if they have it in stock? I can't seem to find any stock status on their website and also if this is the correct product link:  

http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/goods.php?id=1680

This would be my first time ordering from over seas and I'd just like for it to go as smoothly as possible. Also, does anyone the typical turn around time from the time you place your order until you actually receive it (shipping to the US)?

Thanks!

Offline Nicole_WWE

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 15 December 2010, 23:10:09 »
I very like my blue filco from armygroup~!!
but, i wanna to buy blue or white keys cap~~

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 15 December 2010, 23:26:04 »
My Chinese mailman was curious as to what I had shipped express from China from "Army group"

Offline msiegel

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 15 December 2010, 23:38:28 »
:lol:

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline Nicole_WWE

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 16 December 2010, 00:31:51 »
Quote from: WhiteRice;263822
My Chinese mailman was curious as to what I had shipped express from China from "Army group"

you can tall him"this's come from TAIWAN, not china" haha

Offline Mazora

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 17 December 2010, 14:45:58 »
Quote from: WhiteRice;263822

LAWwwll
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW