Author Topic: Think this might be mechanical?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Losttsol

Think this might be mechanical?
« on: Thu, 02 December 2010, 15:40:54 »
Saw this Dell on my local craigslist.  Think this might be mechanical?  Not a great picture, sorry.

Keyboards: Deck Legend ToXiC, Dell AT-101W
Mice:
Mionix Naos 3200, Logitech MX620, Razer Diamondback 3G

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 December 2010, 15:43:31 »
It could very well be.  It looks like an AT-101W.  There were some very similar models that were rubber dome.  In either case, if you're thinking about buying one, don't pay too much for it ($10-20 USD).  Even the mechanical ones are cheap.

Offline Losttsol

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 December 2010, 15:53:06 »
Ya, that's the model I'm hoping it is, but not that familiar with them.  I emailed the guy for the model number, hasn't emailed back yet.  It says it's brand new in that original box, so worth checking out.
Mice:

Offline Pylon

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 02 December 2010, 17:21:48 »
Probably the AT101W. The only similar-looking Dell keyboards are the rubber dome Quietkeys have much less bezel above the F-keys.

Offline Losttsol

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 December 2010, 19:42:41 »
Quote from: Pylon;255937
Probably the AT101W. The only similar-looking Dell keyboards are the rubber dome Quietkeys have much less bezel above the F-keys.

Cool, that gives me hope.  He emailed me back from work saying he'd look for the model # when he got home from work.  He's got this keyboard, an old 15" CRT, and a RF modulator for sale for $25 as a package.  Don't need the other stuff, so I might just offer him $10 for the keyboard.  That seems fair to me, especially since it's new.  Well, maybe not new, but unused.

Edit:

Just got word.  It is an AT-101W.  He said the cord has never even been unwrapped.  Think I'll pick it up.  Now I need to find a black one, switch the WASD and ESC keys, and sell them as high end mechanical gaming keyboards.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 December 2010, 07:59:05 by Losttsol »
Mice:

Offline Losttsol

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 12:47:26 »
Well, I just picked up the keyboard and I'm typing on it right now.  Paid $12 and it is brand spanking new, so not too bad.  Even has the original paperwork.  I've only had one other mechanical which I sold (G80-11900).  This is definitely a solid keyboard.  Don't know how long I'll keep it, but it is nice to get back on a mechanical again.  Types very well, but definitely louder than the G80 with the cherry blacks.  Keys feel a little thinner if that makes any sense.  Here's a couple of pictures (although I know all of you here have seen one a million times.)

Mice:

Offline kidchunks

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 12:50:13 »
Nice! Can't wait to give mine a try when it gets here.
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com

Offline Losttsol

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 13:09:15 »
Quote from: kidchunks;257618
Nice! Can't wait to give mine a try when it gets here.

I am not the only one then.  Cool.

I had to pop a key and check out the switch.  Black Alps just like it is supposed to be.  Here's a not very good pic, but only way I could get the Alps logo to show up.

Mice: