Author Topic: Switch Endurapro trackpoint  (Read 1546 times)

Offline soogard

Switch Endurapro trackpoint
« on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 17:16:18 »
I just wonder if will be possible to switch the Endurapro  Pointing Stick with a real TrackPoint from a KPD8923.
I just ordered  some used KPD8923 especially for this purpose and now I have to find a good mechanical keyboard to upgrade it. Any other suggestion ?

Offline panda-R

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 03 December 2010, 17:17:19 »
no idea but imo you wasted your first post!
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 14:30:07 »
'fraid one would have to try it to know. There may be pics of the trackpoint in the Endurapro around here, though I could be mistaken and they were of the one in the... what's Unicomp's equivalent of the M13 again?
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 05 December 2010, 14:49:56 »
The On-The-Stick was long since discontinued. All Unicomp buckling spring trackpoint keyboards use that force sensing resistor pointing stick which has the wobble in it.

The electronics for the Unicomp pointing stick aren't going to be compatible with the one in newer IBM keyboards. And the Endurapro has an arrangement whereby the keyboard controller plugs into the pointing stick controller, which then has a USB or PS/2 cable coming out of it. The PS/2 Endurapro has a PS/2 passthrough though, so you could tuck the controller from the IBM keyboard inside it and hook it up to the passthrough port.