Author Topic: New Deck Keyboards pushed back again?  (Read 4917 times)

Offline Losttsol

New Deck Keyboards pushed back again?
« on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 09:47:51 »
Just went to their site.  Supposed to have new tactiles on Dec. 8th.  Now they are pushed back to Feb. 1st.  Wonder why?

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/product_info.php?products_id=96
Keyboards: Deck Legend ToXiC, Dell AT-101W
Mice:
Mionix Naos 3200, Logitech MX620, Razer Diamondback 3G

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 09:57:34 »
Is USB to PS2 NKRO supported on the new deck legends :d ?
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

:bounce:

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

For my 2nd pc: Cherry G80-1095 HAU Revision 00 (Cherry Mx Black)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Free mechanical keyboard + other gear click here![/color]

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 10:05:04 »
I'm just going to make a general statement here.  Call me "old-fashioned" or a "fuddy-duddy," but emoticons are not punctuation.

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 10:45:10 »
Quote from: ripster;260157
A Deck user needs to do a review.  I have a feeling LED keyboard users have short attention spans  and that's why there isn't a Deck or a Xarmor review on Geekhack.

(the answer is No btw - it IS cable swappable by removing a resistor or adding on and supplying your own cable)

I would love to do a review on a Deck board, but them pushing back the date again isn't helping me.

If anyone wants to get rid of their Deck Legend Fire, let me know, I want to buy it.
| Deck Legend Fire (MX Blacks) | KBC Poker X (MX Reds) | Cherry G80-11900LTMUS (MX Clears) |  Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (MX "Ghetto Reds")
| IBM Model M 1391401 (BS) | Goldtouch GTC-0033 Keypad (MX Browns) |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Losttsol

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 December 2010, 11:03:11 »
A Deck user needs to do a review.  I have a feeling LED keyboard users have short attention spans  and that's why there isn't a Deck or a Xarmor review on Geekhack.

(the answer is No btw - it IS cable swappable by removing a resistor or adding on and supplying your own cable)

I asked for a Deck for Christmas/my December Birthday, so we'll see.  I said pick anyone flavor or size you can find, I'll be happy with it.  If I get one I'll leave a review, although my experience with mechanical keyboards is very limited.  I have lots of experience with really bad keyboards though.
Keyboards: Deck Legend ToXiC, Dell AT-101W
Mice:
Mionix Naos 3200, Logitech MX620, Razer Diamondback 3G

Offline mistax

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 21:11:20 »
order my tactile frost from performance pc yesterday

Offline donborvio

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 22:28:39 »
Quote from: mistax;267021
order my tactile frost from performance pc yesterday

I ordered mine from there too.  It wasn't really any more than direct and they had them in stock.  Mine should get here tomorrow I would think.

Edit: for others, off of the Deck site
Link to Performance PCs Deck stock

Datacal also has some, at a $100 markup!  :crazy:
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2010, 22:31:45 by donborvio »

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 22:34:15 »
Quote from: ripster;260167
I like the asian ones.  

They Kawaii!
Show Image
Whoa what...

quick reply, allowing me to ignore the rest of a thread to comment on a great set.

Offline donborvio

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 22:48:15 »
Quote from: WhiteRice;267058
Whoa what...

quick reply, allowing me to ignore the rest of a thread to comment on a great set.

Took some google-fu but here you go, her youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MissHannahMinx

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 December 2010, 23:50:39 »
Quote from: donborvio;267069
Took some google-fu but here you go, her youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MissHannahMinx
I want taberu her :3

Offline msiegel

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 01:21:04 »
0_o
someone's been studying the work of Cassandra Peterson

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 03:14:55 »
Quote from: donborvio;267069

She is one annoying B****
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline kriminal

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 07:48:55 »

*cough* i will have to agree with this comment >_>
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 09:47:53 »
woooooooh

hold on a sec!

The title reads "NEW Deck Keyboards..." not "new SHIPPMENT" or "new STOCK" or sth like that. So it's clear that we talk about the same boards they always had, just new STOCK.

*mumbling to self*
talking about new boards from deck, getting me all excited thinking that then there might be a chance they might actually throw out some new product, possibly some day including ger-layout...

I HATE YOU!

*goes in the corner to cry*

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 10:33:43 »
Quote from: ripster;267255
Me too.

A Geekhacker with a Deck sure needs to do a review......  (LEDs cause ADHD)

If a member with a Legend wants to send me to send me their's to play with....errr I mean review...that would be cool with me.
| Deck Legend Fire (MX Blacks) | KBC Poker X (MX Reds) | Cherry G80-11900LTMUS (MX Clears) |  Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (MX "Ghetto Reds")

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 December 2010, 12:28:19 »
Quote from: ripster;267255
A Geekhacker with a Deck sure needs to do a review......  (LEDs cause ADHD)

I don't think that's .... look, an airplane!
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline mistax

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 19:48:16 »
anyone else order one.

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 29 December 2010, 20:50:40 »
Deck Legend Fire seems to be back in stock...after waiting for a few months I finally have mine on order. Who knows if they will stay in stock this time or not.

https://www.deckkeyboards.com/product_info.php?products_id=53

Expect a full review. :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 December 2010, 21:00:00 by turbocharged »

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 29 December 2010, 20:59:13 »
Quote from: ripster;270506
I'd be more worried about them pulling out of this side business (TG3 is doing fine) with all the price pressure Razer is putting on them.

Good point. If I love the keyboard as much as I am expecting to, I was hoping to pick-up a tactile Legend Frost in a year to use at work after I finish my masters.  I hope they stick around long enough for that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline taswyn

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 30 December 2010, 15:54:15 »
If they were smart they'd just corner the market on clear/brown switch boutique-ish LED keyboards...

And then release a high margin cheap rubber dome keyboard covered in bling features like USB hubs and slowly mesmerizingly glowing LED segments all with INFINIkey™ rollover. They would refer to it as both mechanical and tactile, extolling the virtues of a rubber "mechanical" switch, and be $2.51 cheaper than razer's non backlit Blackwidow.

With a little speaker inside that randomly talked to the user, telling them to buy more Deck products in a creepy hypnotic voice. Maybe a hidden hypodermic needle too, for injecting the serum.

D:

What? Stop looking at me like that D:

As an aside, I've been poking at the clear switch programmable keys on my g80-8963, and can see why they'd be in a gaming oriented board. They're nicely quiet, with a very satisfying tactile feedback right above actuation, and they're heavier than browns--very springy, they push back well against your fingers after actuating, so they'd probably be great for something like a firing key for an FPS or using for a rhythm/etc style game. Personally I wouldn't want to type on them all day, but then I seem to like lighter keys than many of you =P You can definitely feel the feedback thwock back up your finger as they're depressed.

It was actually a good way for me to decide that unless I'm going to fake-red a black switch deck, I should probably just wait for a brown switch version of the u9bl,  or find some other nkey board with browns (or a topre).
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 December 2010, 15:56:49 by taswyn »

Offline Artillery

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 30 December 2010, 16:53:15 »
I do think that clears are the best switch for a gamer oriented board.  They are hard to bottom out, are quiet, have a nice feel to them.  

I need to find the mount for my tripod so I can get some better pictures for my Deck Legend Ice review.  Long exposure times for low light pictures make them look so good, but without a tripod its impossible to get a clear one.  I might just post it with just normal light condition pictures.
Current Keyboard: Deck Legend Ice (Tactile) with Cherry Clear switches