Author Topic: My new Keyboard!  (Read 2340 times)

Offline MysteryOfTime

My new Keyboard!
« on: Fri, 10 December 2010, 21:05:15 »
So Sunday I decided to make the jump to a mechanical keyboard and placed an order with PCHome for a Filco 104 MX Bornw. I arrived home today after work to see my package waiting for me. So I opened it up and changed out the key caps and plugged it into my PS/2 port to give it a try. I love it, it feels so natural and I can type faster than on my older keyboard. Next I will test it out with some games! I also have a Ducky 1087 with Black Cherry Switches on the way.

Offline AndrewZorn

My new Keyboard!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 December 2010, 21:18:55 »
Even though there are lots of colors, it does look nice.  Neat spherical caps.  I almost want a long keyboard again, they look more majestic.

Offline MysteryOfTime

My new Keyboard!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 December 2010, 21:21:47 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;261106
Even though there are lots of colors, it does look nice.  Neat spherical caps.  I almost want a long keyboard again, they look more majestic.

These are the caps that WhiteRice had a thread for, here.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

My new Keyboard!
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 December 2010, 23:40:27 »
@MysteryOfTime

Nice Filco + ds set combo.

I think the Filco is best with that Ds set. My Ducky dk-9008 probly won't look as good as yours when installing the ds :X

I'll post a pic as comparison when i can :X  Unless.... rickysio, undarken or Panda who have the dk-9008 also have the doubleshots and wouldn't mind taking some pics for us :X
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

:bounce:

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

For my 2nd pc: Cherry G80-1095 HAU Revision 00 (Cherry Mx Black)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Free mechanical keyboard + other gear click here![/color]

Offline panda-R

My new Keyboard!
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 00:09:40 »
that moogle stltzkin is turning into a princess always asking for so many things now!

DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

My new Keyboard!
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 00:25:00 »
There we go.

So as you can see (or accurately can't see) the led lights on the ducky keyboard :X

Either you have it like Pandas setup; or the keys with the led lights you leave as is but may have a less clean/standardized look :X

Maybe panda can put on the led light caps temporarily to illustrate pretty plz :X

/bribes panda with a sugar cane :x

*uses the vulcan death grip to make panda complaint

"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

:bounce:

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

For my 2nd pc: Cherry G80-1095 HAU Revision 00 (Cherry Mx Black)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Free mechanical keyboard + other gear click here![/color]

Offline fssbzz

My new Keyboard!
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 01:01:55 »

Offline laden3

My new Keyboard!
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 01:17:48 »
panda, after selling that Filco, u need to buy something from a Japanese company or else Ripster won't be pleased. Based on that video, I recommend this
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 December 2010, 01:21:33 by laden3 »
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline fssbzz

My new Keyboard!
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 01:45:04 »
Quote from: laden3;261183
panda, after selling that Filco, u need to buy something from a Japanese company or else Ripster won't be pleased. Based on that video, I recommend this

lol
超密着
super tight! lol