Author Topic: Stock Tenkeyless Set of Filco Majestouch Keys  (Read 3373 times)

Offline johnnysasaki

• Trade Count: (0)
Stock Tenkeyless Set of Filco Majestouch Keys
« on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 19:19:51 »
Hi, I bougt a Filco Tenkeyless from Elitekeyboards and a set of otaku caps from Armygroup. I replaced the stock keys (coated, Filco key caps) with the otaku key caps straight out of the box.

Now I have the printed key cap spares for sale, to anyone who wants a set. As far as I know, no one sells replacement printed caps for these boards, so there's that. Fits any Cherry MX switches (like on other Majestouches, Rosewill 9k, etc...). Do keep in mind that this is a complete set from a 87 Majestouch, so I don't have the key caps for the numpad.

Payment only via Paypal and specify whether your offer includes or excludes shipping. Feel free to PM me or post here. I would prefer to ship only to Canada and US, but if you pay for international shipping, I don't think there would be a problem.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless NKRO Otaku (Brown)
HHKB Pro. 2 Otaku (white)
Logitech VX Revo
Mac Mini (Mid 2010)

Offline johnnysasaki

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 19:30:58 »
Some pics of the caps. As you can see, pristine—well, I mean, I touched them once when I took them off the board to replace with the blank ones. ;)
Logitech VX Revo
Mac Mini (Mid 2010)

Offline johnnysasaki

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 December 2010, 22:06:55 »
As per some requests, so far the best bids for this set are around $40-45 but shipping would've been unrealistic for them, so $45 CAD is my asking price (before shipping).

If someone wants these for that much + shipping (hopefully cheap shipping for you), PM me your location and I'll check the shipping cost from me (Toronto, Canada) to you via Canada Post (if you want something fancier, let me know and I'll look that cost up).

Also, I need to stress that these are new (pulled off of a fresh board) and that the manufacturer (Filco) doesn't sell printed key cap sets by themselves, making them hard to get elsewhere.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 December 2010, 22:09:00 by johnnysasaki »
Logitech VX Revo
Mac Mini (Mid 2010)

Offline NAVIWORLDINC

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 December 2010, 22:17:51 »
If you are willing to sell the red escape keycaps, I would be willing to buy them from you. inb4 you can buy them at ekb... $3.50 for shipping and handling sounds excessive for something you could easily enclose with a 44¢ forever stamp.

Offline johnnysasaki

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 December 2010, 22:57:59 »
Quote from: NAVIWORLDINC;262664
If you are willing to sell the red escape keycaps, I would be willing to buy them from you. inb4 you can buy them at ekb... $3.50 for shipping and handling sounds excessive for something you could easily enclose with a 44¢ forever stamp.

I can toss the red Esc in with the whole set, if anyone wants that.
Logitech VX Revo
Mac Mini (Mid 2010)

Offline johnnysasaki

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 December 2010, 23:36:01 »
Just to be clear (so I don't get any other requests for the red Esc key on its own), I wouldn't mind tossing in the red Esc key if someone wants to take the whole set off my hands, but I am not going to sell it on its own.

I never offered to part with the red Esc key to begin with, so I am confused at why I am getting told off in thinly veiled "Well Filco keys suck in my opinion" PM's. I also never mentioned anything about the Esc key in the listing, nor does it show up in any of the photos...

I really don't know why some users are disappointed when I tell them I won't mail them the key by itself if they pay me postage. It's kind of insulting and surprising, given the decent level of courtesy I have come to expect from Geekhackers.
Logitech VX Revo
Mac Mini (Mid 2010)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 January 2011, 13:01:31 »
PM sent and yes, toss in that red key cap too, please. =P

Edit:  Money sent.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 January 2011, 18:45:46 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline johnnysasaki

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 23 January 2011, 07:11:34 »
Sold to reaper~!
Logitech VX Revo
Mac Mini (Mid 2010)