Author Topic: arrow scrolling doing funky  (Read 4591 times)

Offline runeazn

arrow scrolling doing funky
« on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 13:29:22 »
So when i use down arrow key to scroll it will go at once to the end of the page,
whichever the up arrow keys does it normal, in steps.

Why is my down arrow doing funky..?
It happends on all keyboards, so its something software right?

So can anybody help me fix this.
Kami Ducky 1087 of Heaven

woody

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 13:30:27 »
Change app/OS.

Offline runeazn

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 13:34:14 »
well this is happening ages already :/

I need some fix so anybody know the problem?

woody

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 13:37:32 »
Refer to post #2. Or hit the power swtich.

Offline runeazn

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 13:42:22 »
lol i am not reinstalling OS :/

This is something that happens always..
so a simpel restart is nto going to fix it.

Offline runeazn

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 13:57:51 »
It is just 2 keyboards :/
G19 and the Ducky :)

but they both have this problem..

Offline Lanx

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 14:11:11 »
Sounds like u have down mapped with end or something, does this happen going around in a word doc too?

Offline runeazn

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 23 December 2010, 16:21:30 »
Quote from: Lanx;267936
Sounds like u have down mapped with end or something, does this happen going around in a word doc too?

only happens in mozilla firefox it seems, any other browser/application will not have this problem but my mozzila has jsut been updated a moment ago.

Offline taswyn

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 08:57:31 »
Quote from: runeazn;268003
only happens in mozilla firefox it seems, any other browser/application will not have this problem but my mozzila has jsut been updated a moment ago.

Without hopefully sounding quite as mean as ripster ( =P ), that's really the sort of thing that you should have posted first, as that means it's not only software, but probably specific to a setting or addon in firefox and nothing else, if that's the only place you're experiencing this behavior.

Quick google = http://www.windowsbbs.com/firefox-thunderbird-seamonkey/87760-firefox-scrolling-problem-up-down-arrow-keys.html

Actually I just found the solution

(for FF 3.5 on Mac)
Preferences -> Advanced -> General -> Accessibility -> UNCHECK Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages

If you have a blinking cursor icon on your page that jumps around oddly when you navigate with mouse keys, then it's this. It works the same in FF 4 on Windows, I just loaded FF and tested.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 09:45:50 »
People still use Firefox?

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 09:49:27 »
Quote from: taswyn;268272
Without hopefully sounding quite as mean as ripster ( =P ), that's really the sort of thing that you should have posted first, as that means it's not only software, but probably specific to a setting or addon in firefox and nothing else, if that's the only place you're experiencing this behavior.

Quick google = http://www.windowsbbs.com/firefox-thunderbird-seamonkey/87760-firefox-scrolling-problem-up-down-arrow-keys.html

If you have a blinking cursor icon on your page that jumps around oddly when you navigate with mouse keys, then it's this. It works the same in FF 4 on Windows, I just loaded FF and tested.

You didn't reinstall the OS to be absolutely sure? There could be stuck bit in the ALU too ;)
What\'s in the back of my car? A cdr lol

Split Tipro keyboard with R3 keycaps

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 09:50:45 »
Quote from: ch_123;268276
People still use Firefox?

Show Image

Since Opera decided to screw up the interface, vimperator is the only solution. The final solution.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 09:53:31 »
Well, I only started using Opera when they made the interface sort of like Chrome's. I know some people who have the newer versions modded to behave like the older ones though.

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 09:55:59 »
Quote from: ch_123;268282
Well, I only started using Opera when they made the interface sort of like Chrome's. I know some people who have the newer versions modded to behave like the older ones though.

Cool, modded how? I especially don't like how the page find (CTRL+F) bar thingie is.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 09:59:44 »
'Modded' is probably hyperbolic. I know they have the key mapping the same as the older versions, but they also have some aspects of the interface changed around from what is normal. Dont really remember what though.

One of the reasons I didn't like Opera in the older versions was because of the Internet Explorer-like box when you hit Ctrl-F. I usually use / for finding stuff, and I have no problems with that.

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 10:03:52 »
Quote from: ch_123;268286
One of the reasons I didn't like Opera in the older versions was because of the Internet Explorer-like box when you hit Ctrl-F. I usually use / for finding stuff, and I have no problems with that.

That was one of the best features! / for search only works properly in vimperator (with the exception of all the colours and incremental search). The bottom bar doesn't work when it's a widget which can lose focus.

Offline taswyn

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 10:16:57 »
Good find.

Mean people suck.

<3 But life would be too boring without thems =(

You didn't reinstall the OS to be absolutely sure? There could be stuck bit in the ALU too ;)

rofl. To be sure, do a low level format first too, and wipe and reload any firmware on... anything (most people manage the LLF fine but forget to wipe their hard drive and CDROM firmware). Remove your memory for 12 hours to make sure there's nothing residual there from microvoltage retained in any capacitors on the motherboard. BTW, that speaker connected to your motherboard? It's completely usable as a microphone D: Whenever you have strange scrolling behavior it's really due to the NSA hacking the planet. Definitely destroy the speaker, I recommend fire. Oh wait, you don't have a headset you keep plugged into your motherboard, do you? Oh noes =( Black helicopters, they's for coming for yous.

(disclaimer: if you brick anything and/or burn down your house it's your own fault, don't be silly)[/color]

Offline Minskleip

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 10:21:51 »
I used my headset to record my bass once. Probably in a registry now :(

Offline runeazn

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 16:22:25 »
Quote from: taswyn;268272

lol it didn't work :/

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 18:47:21 »
If possible, download an image of Ubuntu Linux, burn it onto a CD, boot into the Live 'try out' mode, and check if you have the same problems with Firefox there. That would tell you if it's a software or hardware problem quite quickly.

Offline taswyn

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 24 December 2010, 22:38:25 »
Quote from: runeazn;268423
lol it didn't work :/

Well, at least it's not that then. You're sure it's not happening in any other software? Do you have any addons loaded in FF?

Try loading Firefox (not windows) in its Safe Mode, switch to the default theme, and see if the problem goes away, similar to this support incident and the instructions for setting default theme in it.

I can look around some more, but probably not tomorrow, I have a ton of cooking and holiday stuffs to do and that being around not online people thing and such =P

When did the behavior start appearing?

Well, that was certainly mean Taswyn.

Oh quit being jealous, if you're *very* good this year I might be a little mean to you too. Maybe, I'll have to think about it.

But I'll probably not bother even then really, I'm not that nice =/