Author Topic: Graphics Cards  (Read 18489 times)

Offline Pylon

Graphics Cards
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 14:41:36 »
By Chinese he means PRC. Taiwan makes good stuff. (Seasonic is based there).

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 14:46:57 »
I feel stupid for asking, but I just want to make sure I get a decent PSU... But how about this one?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Graphics Cards
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 15:26:15 »
Looks like a junky one. What's odd is that the model number has "FSP" at the start, which is the brand of a relatively decent PSU maker (Fortron Source Power), but FSP350 would indicate a 350W FSP PSU, so obviously they threw in the letters to make people think it's a better PSU than it really is. That, and the label shows no FSP logo.

Get one of these

$20 more, but no bull****.

Offline Pylon

Graphics Cards
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 15:29:24 »
ch_123, that's ATX. I think the guy's looking for an mATX (SFX) PSU.

Go with the Seasonic I suggested earlier. Seasonic makes solid PSUs from what I've heard.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 15:43:03 »
Pylon, I would get that PSU, but I need it to be 400w or better cause the graphics card I want requires a 400w+ PSU... Thats why I'm kinda stuck here, I can't find a good name-brand PSU in the right form factor for a decent price, and I really don't want to settle for a high-quality low power PSU that can't handle a semi-decent graphics card.

EDIT: To be a little more helpful, my budget for this PSU shouldn't exceed $75 and I intend to use it in my Core 2 machine for at least 2 years. 400w or better, high quality, Micro ATX, long lasting PSU... That's what I'm looking for.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 December 2010, 15:53:27 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Pylon

Graphics Cards
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:09:25 »

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:14:08 »
If worst comes to worst I just might do that.  Maybe I will take an old Dell OptiPlex 240 tower case and put my mobo in there and just get an ATX PSU to throw in there... Or I could just buy a new case and PSU all together... Either way, I am going to need to seriously consider everything before actually going through with any of this...

EDIT: Can I just take my Micro ATX mobo and throw it into any ATX case?  If so then I am definitely doing that.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:18:52 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Pylon

Graphics Cards
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:15:47 »
Also, if you have a Dell, some of the older ones used a funny PSU pinout. You could potentially fry your mobo.

You should go to a recycler and get an old ATX case or something.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Graphics Cards
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:42:49 »
Quote from: Pylon;269925
ch_123, that's ATX. I think the guy's looking for an mATX (SFX) PSU.

Go with the Seasonic I suggested earlier. Seasonic makes solid PSUs from what I've heard.

There's no such thing as a microATX PSU, as distinct to an ATX PSU. I have a mATX case, and a Corsair PSU.

There can be an issue whereby a large PSU will be too deep for a small case, but that only really happens when you're dealing with high wattage PSUs (i.e. 800W+)

EDIT: To be a little more helpful, my budget for this PSU shouldn't exceed $75 and I intend to use it in my Core 2 machine for at least 2 years. 400w or better, high quality, Micro ATX, long lasting PSU... That's what I'm looking for.

I think that PSU I linked you is $75 including shipping.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:47:17 by ch_123 »

Offline NAVIWORLDINC

Graphics Cards
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:47:57 »
Quote from: ch_123;269963
There's no such thing as a microATX PSU, as distinct to an ATX PSU. I have a mATX case, and a Corsair PSU.

I think that PSU I linked you is $75 including shipping.

I think what OP might be looking for is a small form factor PSU... I am not sure though and that is part of the reason why I have almost given up on this thread.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Graphics Cards
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:49:33 »
Those things there are just short-depth ATX PSUs.

CliB - you need to measure how big of a PSU can fit into the case, and compare it with the dimensions of some decent PSUs.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Graphics Cards
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:50:35 »
Quote from: NAVIWORLDINC;269965
I think what OP might be looking for is a small form factor PSU... I am not sure though and that is part of the reason why I have almost given up on this thread.

He linked a picture of the PC some time ago, and if I remember right, it looked like an ATX PSU judging from the back.

Pics would be nice.

Offline kriminal

Graphics Cards
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 16:52:24 »
*****facepalm*****
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:02:55 »
Ok then forgetting all that Micro ATX crap, can I put my current mobo into any old case without any issue? If so then I'm gonna just buy a full sized case and an ATX PSU and go from there with it cause thats probably the only way I can get a PSU that is of high-quality.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Graphics Cards
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:06:43 »
You should just pay the little bit if extra money for a good PSU that will fit in your current case. It'll probably cost less than getting a new case and a big PSU.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:10:35 »
Wrong MW, the case and PSU I am looking at is still under my $75 cap, so I think thats the way I'm gonna go... Plus I'm not a big fan of the current case I have, I prefer a tower to a pizza-box anyways...

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811154095

PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139018
tp thread is tp thread

Offline NAVIWORLDINC

Graphics Cards
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:10:40 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;269971
Ok then forgetting all that Micro ATX crap, can I put my current mobo into any old case without any issue? If so then I'm gonna just buy a full sized case and an ATX PSU and go from there with it cause thats probably the only way I can get a PSU that is of high-quality.

Some OEM machines don't use ATX/mATX standard, you could always run it outside a case. You can also drill/tap your own holes if you had to (talking about retrofitting into a case). Either way, YOU NEED TO POST PICTURES OF YOUR COMPUTER. I mean, if you did that we could understand what is going on better, and give MUCH better recommendations. For all we know you might have a normal ATX/mATX PSU and you can use just about anything... Get to posting pics, also make sure to clear ones of the mobo so we can look at the mounting screws.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:13:46 »
NAVIWORLDINC, I will get right on that... Perhaps I will use my bro's new camera he got for Christmas, I don't thing he likes it all that much anyways...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Graphics Cards
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:19:58 »

An mATX case will fit in a standard ATX case.

Be careful about what case you get. If you have a quad core CPU and a good graphics card, there are cooling considerations that older/cheaper cases won't cater for.

It is possible than your system uses a standard sized ATX PSU. If you can open the computer and take a picture of the PSU, particularly paying attention to how deep it sits into the case.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:22:14 by ch_123 »

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:28:24 »
I am almost 100% certain that this is not a standard sized ATX PSU, the dimensions are 5" x 2.5" x 4"...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline NAVIWORLDINC

Graphics Cards
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:31:04 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;269983
I am almost 100% certain that this is not a standard sized ATX PSU, the dimensions are 5" x 2.5" x 4"...

I am like on thin ice about leaving this thread. Take pictures damn it! It will answer MANY questions... :yell:

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:32:20 »
Currently doing so right now...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Pylon

Graphics Cards
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 17:34:07 »
Quote from: ch_123;269978
An mATX case will fit in a standard ATX case.

Be careful about what case you get. If you have a quad core CPU and a good graphics card, there are cooling considerations that older/cheaper cases won't cater for.

It is possible than your system uses a standard sized ATX PSU. If you can open the computer and take a picture of the PSU, particularly paying attention to how deep it sits into the case.

I'm sure you mean motherboard there. I don't think you can fit a case in another case that easily (Russian nesting cases? I mean cram an ITX case into mATX mini tower, then that into ATX)

Also, about earlier, here's at least two flavors of mATX.

I have a Dell Vostro 220 Mini Tower that seems to have a full sized ATX power supply. I also have an older HP Pavillion 7966 Mini Tower that has a smaller than ATX (probably mATX/SFX) sized PSU.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 18:52:28 »
Here are the pics. sorry if the quality is bad, my bro's new camera sucks, the slightest movement makes the picture blurry, and I don't have the steadiest of hands... And I really had to tone down the resolution in order to upload them to the forum, but this is the best that I can do...

tp thread is tp thread

Offline NAVIWORLDINC

Graphics Cards
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 19:14:36 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;270028
Here are the pics. sorry if the quality is bad, my bro's new camera sucks, the slightest movement makes the picture blurry, and I don't have the steadiest of hands... And I really had to tone down the resolution in order to upload them to the forum, but this is the best that I can do...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Appears to me that you could fit any normal sized ATX power supply in your existing case, it also appears that if you wanted better airflow any ATX case that supported mATX would also work with your setup, because you have a mATX board. So if I were you I would personally get a nice Seasonic/Corsair 650W and be done with it all. If you want better cooling (don't know what video card you have picked out yet) you should defiantly consider a different case.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
Graphics Cards
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 19:22:34 »
You should also post a photo of how the PSU fits inside the case so we can get a better idea of what you need.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 20:03:01 »
I have decided to just get a new case and a new PSU... It will give the mobo better cooling, and it will be needed once I upgrade the CPU and graphics card.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline NAVIWORLDINC

Graphics Cards
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 20:27:16 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;270062
I have decided to just get a new case and a new PSU... It will give the mobo better cooling, and it will be needed once I upgrade the CPU and graphics card.

I can make great suggestions if you want any help.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 20:29:42 »
I am always open to suggestions, anything that might make my life just a little bit easier...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline NAVIWORLDINC

Graphics Cards
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 20:34:16 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;270078
I am always open to suggestions, anything that might make my life just a little bit easier...

Personally I am a Lian Li fanboi... I personally own a Lancool K62(sub brand of Lian Li). WONDERFUL CASE. If you think watercooling might be in your future, there is also the CM960 II Advanced.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 20:48:22 »
Nice looking case, but a little bit out of my budget.  I only have $250 to spend on this entire computer, and I need $130 for the Core 2 Quad... I intend on asking for the graphics card, the PSU, and a new case for my birthday which is in like 2 weeks, and I have to buy the CPU myself.  The most I might spend on a case is like $50 maybe? Any suggestions in that price range?

EDIT: Maybe something like this?
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 December 2010, 21:00:53 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline NAVIWORLDINC

Graphics Cards
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 21:03:36 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;270087
The most I might spend on a case is like $50 maybe? Any suggestions in that price range?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815004
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147112

It is somewhat a shame that all the budget cases have side fans or holes for them... Not a fan of them, kinda disturbs front to back airflow. But if I were in your shoes I would get the one on top seams most spacious and top mounted exhaust fans are good.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 21:09:16 »
What about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147144

I like it, and it's in my budget.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Pylon

Graphics Cards
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 21:57:34 »
Or just get a case from a thrown out computer. I found an old Compaq that even has toolless drive bays.

Offline NAVIWORLDINC

Graphics Cards
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 28 December 2010, 23:54:02 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;270096
What about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147144

I like it, and it's in my budget.

Appears decent to me.

Offline EverythingIBM

Graphics Cards
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 29 December 2010, 00:48:33 »
This one is better and cheaper:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811164143

The colour is more hip too.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Graphics Cards
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 29 December 2010, 07:31:42 »
I usually recommend this. $10 over your budget though.

Which Core 2 Quad are you getting?

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 29 December 2010, 08:46:33 »
Core 2 Quad Q6600, it's not the best but it's in my price range and it's compatible with my mobo.
tp thread is tp thread

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
Graphics Cards
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 29 December 2010, 09:25:45 »
Linkworld is a lousy company though. I wouldn't recommend any of their stuff after reading a review of one of their power supplies, which was very poorly made.

Offline Voixdelion

Graphics Cards
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 29 December 2010, 12:23:09 »

Dunno if you've solved this already since I have only gotten up to 19 hrs ago but Phaedrus has some guides on PSU's posted on OCN that really helped me out  - very clear and precise info on what to look for and why.  The most definitive and least confusing source on the subject IMO.:thumb: (and take it from someone who has learned the hard way, the PSU is not where you want to sacrifice quality for cost.  Apparently PSU's hate to die alone;  Mine was taking out GPU's like a serial killer and I didn't even know the problems weren't just bad cards.  After losing 3 in a years time and one of those just weeks after replacement, I finally  thought to investigate what else might be causing it.)

And Geeks.com used to have some pretty decent selection of inexpensive cases already, plus year end liquidation sale now...
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 December 2010, 13:40:43 by Voixdelion »
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline Arc'xer

Graphics Cards
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 29 December 2010, 15:17:38 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;270256
Core 2 Quad Q6600, it's not the best but it's in my price range and it's compatible with my mobo.

Actually it was at one point one of the best quad core CPU released some consider it a milestone. Q6600 as long as you give it a proper after-market cooler and can hit around 3.4Ghz should be fine for another 2-3 years or more depending on use.

For gaming it's a bit past it's prime at least compared to the latest. But if you mostly play older games or don't game much it's a very strong CPU. Many are still surprised to this day just how good it can be because many who bought the Core 2 brand went with the E8s and other dual-core. While those who went with the Q6600 were lambasted for buying a CPU, which won't be utilized much but to this day there's still a lot of Q6600s still being used because of just how good it was.

Of course if anyone is building a retro 775 build it's most likely going to be a Q9550 build, since the 6600 isn't sold anymore. I guess your kinda lucky for finding a Q6600 being sold.

Offline Pylon

Graphics Cards
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 29 December 2010, 16:41:43 »
He's on an OEM motherboard. It's not gonna overclock.

Offline NamelessPFG

Graphics Cards
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 30 December 2010, 17:26:57 »
Quote from: Arc'xer;270408
Actually it was at one point one of the best quad core CPU released some consider it a milestone. Q6600 as long as you give it a proper after-market cooler and can hit around 3.4Ghz should be fine for another 2-3 years or more depending on use.

For gaming it's a bit past it's prime at least compared to the latest. But if you mostly play older games or don't game much it's a very strong CPU. Many are still surprised to this day just how good it can be because many who bought the Core 2 brand went with the E8s and other dual-core. While those who went with the Q6600 were lambasted for buying a CPU, which won't be utilized much but to this day there's still a lot of Q6600s still being used because of just how good it was.

I definitely remember some of that Q6600 lambasting three years ago. But here's the situation I had at the time when buying CPUs:

Q6600. E6850. Same price (around $280). Same architecture (65nm Core 2). Same multiplier (9x). But one of them had twice as many cores. Can you say "no-brainer"?

Some still went with the E6850 anyway, thinking that the higher overclocking headroom due to dealing with half the heat and such would work out better in the long run. Then the 45nm Wolfdales like the E8400 showed up a few months later. I still banked on my Q6600 performing well enough with the clock speeds it could attain, with future games later utilizing the extra cores to greater effect, and I'd say it paid off.

Mine's only running at 3.2 GHz, but at a 400 MHz FSB. It's somewhere in the 3.4 to 3.6 GHz range that it needs a massive increase in voltage-too much for my Sunbeamtech Core-Contact Freezer to dissipate the resulting heat increase. Still, I can safely say that for anything that isn't Cortex Command or an emulator, it's the 8800 GT that's bottlenecking this system more than anything else.

I still might be tempted to step up to something newer if the price is low enough, but the main factor there is that I just had to end up dropping $145 on a P35 board, and then P45 shows up a few months later without the exorbitant X38/X48 price tag. I'm concerned about the PCIe 1.1 x16 slot not providing enough bandwidth for the more recent cards, especially once something capable of GTX 480/580 performance becomes affordable.

Offline EverythingIBM

Graphics Cards
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 30 December 2010, 17:41:25 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;270256

I think my intellistation supports a Q6600 too... was thinking of getting one myself in the future.

A 2.4 C2D is plenty fast.

Offline Arc'xer

Graphics Cards
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 30 December 2010, 18:23:40 »
Quote from: NamelessPFG;270849
I still might be tempted to step up to something newer if the price is low enough, but the main factor there is that I just had to end up dropping $145 on a P35 board, and then P45 shows up a few months later without the exorbitant X38/X48 price tag. I'm concerned about the PCIe 1.1 x16 slot not providing enough bandwidth for the more recent cards, especially once something capable of GTX 480/580 performance becomes affordable.

This was an article done a while back although it's on the 5870 I'm sure comparatively speaking the generations being so near, aren't that big.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_5870_PCI-Express_Scaling/1.html

In simplest terms there seems to be a lot of mention of a 2-5% performance penalty around the web. I think the 2.0 is more of a future-proofing and not yet fully utilized even by modern cards. It's more of having the bandwidth ahead of time and some minor tweaks here and there. 3.0 is going to be released sometime next year or so it's said again it's more of a future-proofing.

Offline bladamson

Graphics Cards
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 30 December 2010, 19:11:04 »
Yep....  I'm running a 2.1 GHz 3-core Phenom, and the only time I get anywhere near hitting CPU capacity is when I'm recompiling an entire project. >_>  I -did- have to upgrade it to 8 gig RAM, but that was not too horribly expensive...  ... And that's probably only because I use Eclipse. XD

My opinion is, don't upgrade until you need to, or you're just wasting your money on something you could have held off on for another year or so and then gotten something almost twice as good for the same price. :3

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Graphics Cards
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 30 December 2010, 20:03:31 »
That is what I was thinking too, cause I don't have the money right now and I have no means of income unless I can actually get someone to buy my unopened AutoCAD 2004 install kits.  Plus I need to save up for a car, which is more important than having a good computer.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Phaedrus2129

Graphics Cards
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 30 December 2010, 20:03:39 »
PSU advice in 3, 2, 1

A quality 400W is plenty for 90% of gaming systems. A quality one should handle up to say a C2Q and a GTX460 or 5850 or 6870, with moderate overclocking. The 400W of choice right now is probably the Antec NeoECO 400C, which is a SeaSonic S12II unit (same base platform as the Corsair CX400 and SeaSonic S12II 430B). It's only available on Newegg.com, and is usually found for $40-$50 shipped.
Daily Driver: Noppoo Choc Mini
Currently own: IBM Model M 1391401 1988,  XArmor U9 prototype
Previously owned: Ricercar SPOS, IBM M13 92G7461 1994, XArmor U9BL, XArmor U9W prototype, Cherry G80-8200LPDUS, Cherry G84-4100, Compaq MX-11800, Chicony KB-5181 (SMK Monterey), Reveal KB-7061, Cirque Wave Keyboard (ergonomic rubber domes), NMB RT101 (rubber dome), Dell AT101W

Offline EverythingIBM

Graphics Cards
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 11:39:38 »
Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement;270890
That is what I was thinking too, cause I don't have the money right now and I have no means of income unless I can actually get someone to buy my unopened AutoCAD 2004 install kits.  Plus I need to save up for a car, which is more important than having a good computer.

I'd actually prefer a good computer over a good car. Whenever I buy a car, I won't bother investing much in it. Give me a Model T for all I care (hey, it'll go good with my Model M).