Author Topic: Flaky USB on Filco Cherry Blue NKRO?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline twokatmew

• http://twokatmew.smugmug.com
Flaky USB on Filco Cherry Blue NKRO?
« on: Fri, 31 December 2010, 11:43:45 »
I've been using my FKBN104-MC almost exclusively since I got it last December.  I'd been using it with the PS/2 adapter, but a week or so ago, the keyboard would periodically just stop working.  A reboot solved the problem temporarily.  So ... I removed the PS/2 adapter and connected it via USB.  All was fine till this morning, when the keyboard died again.  My computer complained that it couldn't identify the device!  And of course, unplugging and replugging the keyboard solved the problem temporarily.

Of course the keyboard is just out of warranty.  (It was shipped 12/10/2009!)  I'm sure it's the keyboard and not my computer or the USB ports, as I've tested my other keyboards and all do not periodically "drop out" as the Blue Cherry does.  Any idea what something like this would cost to fix?

I still have my Filco Cherry Brown NKRO, but I've gone back to my Unicomp.  I love the Filco Blue Cherry, but if it's going to cost a bundle to fix it, I might just not.

Input much appreciated.  :roll:
Filco Blue Cherry NKRO, Unicomp SpaceSaver, Filco Brown Cherry NKRO, Rocketfish Wireless Numeric Keypad, MS Comfort Mouse 4500, Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch, MS Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000, 1960s Olympia SM 3.