Author Topic: Steelseries 6gV2  (Read 2421 times)

Offline bxt

Steelseries 6gV2
« on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 08:22:02 »
After like 3 weeks of heavy usage, i would like to share my impressions and talk about issues i have with this keyboard. There is an old thread about this keyboard, but i didnt know whether it is more acceptable to bump it or just create the new one, so i did the later (sorry in advance) ;)

Here is list of things that i find a little problematic:

- The space button. I press it accidently A LOT. My thumb finger usually rests on space (left side of the space in my case) and specificly the left half of space feels like it is easier to press down, than the right half. Just to be clear, my thumb finger is not extra "fat" or anything. :P But i often find myself jumping like idiot in WoW, scrolling down the pages in web-browsers and making the space in middle of words, when typing. Is this something i just have to get use to? Anyone else have this problem with this keyboard, or any other keyboard with MX Black switches?

- Key caps. I mean, yeah, i read here, that they dont stay bright white forever, but come on... my WSAD and shift keys are already wearing of rapidly. This is not a huge issue for me, but i was actually thinking of selling this keyboard at some point and the buyer might think i'v been operating it with dirty hands or something (which never happens, i am a neat freak when it comes to mouse and keyboard).

- PS2/USB adapter doesnt work. Makes booting to windows longer, which sucks, when i am overclocking. Not a big deal and i bet it works for most of you guys.

- Overall feel. It is not as great as i expected. I am coming from this keyboard and I have to admit, it was more comfortable almost in every aspect. This will hopefully change soon, I didnt expect to get use to it instantly, i know this things take time.

Ok now a bit on positive side:

- I love the design and layout (maybe with an an exception of right shift). It is very simplistic, yet functional. I really like the media keys and dont mind i have to press the function button at all. Overall it is very solid keyboard, that is a big +.

At this point, I am playing with idea, that maybe the keyboard with cherry mx blue switches would be more ideal for me. Too bad only one avalaible here is Razer, with its glossy design, which i hate with passion..... sigh.

ps. sorry for my clumsy english
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 January 2011, 08:25:55 by bxt »

Offline yester64

Re: Steelseries 6gV2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 21:28:28 »
I know that topic is a little old, but now my keyboard starts to have some problems. Some keys get stuck.
What lube you can use for a keyboard, since this is what i can think that helps.
Other than that i am in for a new keyboard i'll guess.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches