I just received and installed my new double shot set on the ducky dk-9008.
I'll post some pictures soon.
Anyway for a short review and rating out of 10 being best.
Color: 10 (very classical authentic cherry color scheme)
Font: 10 (thick bolded, excellent uniformity and contrast)
Keycap build and condition of keys: 10 (very thick. Underside seems cleanly double shot molded. Don't notice any shine. Spruce marks on the side at the top barely noticeable and doesn't have a jagged cheap feel like the Duckies did. Condition is excellent seeing as how they've already been cleaned. Any dirt marks are barely perceptible, so honestly don't worry about it. I didn't even bother to wash them, just a quick blow and wipe.)
Compatibility with Ducky dk-9008 keyboard: 8 (no windowed keys; spacebar, alt and control don't fit because they are wider in size; capslock doesn't fit because stem is off center so requires modding; no windows and menu keys seeing as it's a 101 key set. However 7bit has a ducky kit to give it a 100% compatibility so honestly don't worry about it.)
Seller conduct: 10 (answered all legitimate concerns, also very considerate in helping out on my ducky mod; shipping had no issues although tracking to Malaysia doesn't work, but not sellers fault. Over all i would gladly do business with Sixty again :} )
Thick caps :}
Somebody was worried that the keys will fly off the keyboard because of a loose fitting. I've tested that this is untrue for me anyway. After installing them then turning the keyboard upside down and giving it a few hard shakes; no keys fell out. So no problem there. When compared to the SP, the Cherry felt a slightly looser fit when installing (for the small caps), but as my tests proved this was unfounded as they sticked onto the keyboard just fine even after some torture tests.
Colors are refreshingly classic and Cherry authentic. Nice white and beige with black fonts.
Fonts are amazingly bolded/thicker compared to the SP doubleshots. Contrast is very good as expected from doubleshots.
Anyway i have confirmed the following keys are not compatible with the ducky dk-9008
1. spacebar (wider in size by comparison, can't fit)
2. control and alt (wider in size by comparison, can't fit)
3. capslock stem off center. However size fits so with Ripster's help we can modify it so there is a centered stem. The capslock i am using will be from another donor board with a window. It won't be exactly on the ducky led light, but close enough that it not be a big deal.
4. F9, F10, F11, Scroll Lock, Numlock don't have windows. Of course you could use the F9-11 but without windows it's not as cool as it could be. However i fortunately managed to get numlock and scroll lock windows from another donor board. They look simply amazing :} For F9, F10, F11 however i'm still looking for alternatives; already i have a few leads (clickclack, 7bit or another ebay donor boards for keys)
5. it's 101 keys so it's missing the 2 windows and a menu key.
6. the ducky dk-9008 has 108 keys. 4 of these are extra media keys so obviously these are missing.
7bit's ducky kit maybe be able to fix all the incompatible and missing keys.
Close up of donor windowed Cherry keys
Comparison between ducky windowed key and regular double shot key
Notice how the light leaks out under the key a bit if seen at an angle
full shot overview with orange wasd from the previous set
close up of keys.
Another close up of the right side of the keyboard. Love those windowed keys
Top side of windowed keys
The underside of the windowed keys
Another over view full shot without the orange WASD
The reject club. Top row is from least incompatible to most incompatible the lower the row