Author Topic: ADB to USB keyboard converter  (Read 399350 times)

Offline supermario802.1

• tinkerBOY
Re: ADB to USB keyboard converter
« Reply #900 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 07:49:33 »
No probably.  Current ADB code blocks V-USB executiton and vice versa. As far as I know V-USB can take around 50us to process USB and this makes ADB things harder. If you are still interested in implemening/modify the ADB converter with V-USB yourself I'm happy to help you.

Will the adb converter work with atmega328p with v-USB?

Yes I would like to try.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #901 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 17:54:44 »
As such, I stand corrected: it seems the mouse is operating as designed, rather than activating context menu as a modern mouse would. In that case, I would need to remap the second button to act as "contextmenu": can TMK firmware do that? Regardless of my chances, I would still be wary of doing the bootloader process again: as I said before, all my attempts at compiling TMK manually did not work; the only firmware that worked for me was the already compiled .hex file I downloaded directly from Github.

Anyway, try hid_listen to see debug outputs from the converter.
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/hid_listen.html

HID_Listen.exe only outputs the following after plugging in the converter:
Code: [Select]
TMK:fb84cac5+/LUFA

Scan:
 addr:3, reg3:7C01

Keyboard:
hadler: 00, ISO: no

Mouse:
Classic 200cpi

Scan:
 addr:10, reg3:7802

USB configured.

Keyboard start.

In any case, thank you very much for your reply, Hasu.

The output indicates the mouse is one-button device, it is common for Mac mouses in that era. The converter checked if the device supports Extended protocol(Multi-button) but it just speaks Classic protocol(one-button). Classic protocol doesn't require any driver while Extended protocol requires initialization process by specific device driver. "No driver needed." in manual is consistent with this result.

Yes, "Right click" provides just "drag" action for the same mouse button. The converter can't discriminate the Right/Left click because the mouse sends them as the same button action unfrotunately.
TMK products:HHKB Alt  ⌨ConvertersAlps64FC660C AltFC980C Alt

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #902 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 17:56:23 »
No probably.  Current ADB code blocks V-USB executiton and vice versa. As far as I know V-USB can take around 50us to process USB and this makes ADB things harder. If you are still interested in implemening/modify the ADB converter with V-USB yourself I'm happy to help you.

Yes I would like to try.

What is your hardware setup, MCU and Crystal frequency?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #903 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 17:51:27 »

Yes I would like to try.

I just remembered blarrg's work and discovered this again. He already made ADB converter successfully with V-USB on USBASP board. Check his sequential posts around here and his github. I think you can start your project easily based on his work, instead of TMK ADB code.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=14290.msg1109173#msg1109173
https://github.com/gblargg/adb-v-usb

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #904 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 18:33:48 »
Updated firmware to fix AEK modifier key and ISO support.

On Apple Extended keyboard(and II) left and right modifier keys can be discriminated(except for 'Command' key),
but the converter had failed to support this for these 8 months since last update. Also AEK ISO support had not worked.

If you are using with AEK try new firmware. You can get from Keymap Editor or github repo.

Offline nevin

« Reply #905 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 23:22:15 »
great! thanks hasu!
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68