Author Topic: Where can I order some SCART connectors?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline NamelessPFG

Where can I order some SCART connectors?
« on: Sun, 16 January 2011, 02:01:49 »
Preferably without getting financially sodomized on exchange rates and shipping.

Problem is, the things are nigh-impossible to find in the States, so I have to look at the UK or mainland Europe, in which case the prices are gonna suck. (But I might as well grin and bear it regardless, if I have no better options.)

Why? It seems wrong to drop $60 on that NEC MultiSync XV29 Plus and just feed it S-Video, but the only thing stopping me from giving it proper RGB out of my old consoles is the lack of SCART sockets. (Instead, it takes the 15 KHz RGB signals through a DE-15 port, just like VGA, and audio is handled by a pair of RCA jacks.) I'd rather not destroy SCART cables in the process-instead, it would be preferable if I could just get a connector and wire up my own adapter (likely with an LM1881 for stripping the sync out of composite video if needed).

Got any suggestions? I've held off on this for far too long.

EDIT: I think I've found my source. It's under Arcade -> Hardware. Never would've thought such a place would carry SCART sockets, especially as it appears to be US-based and it's centered on arcade hardware, but I'm not complaining.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 January 2011, 01:00:20 by NamelessPFG »

Offline PikachuDX

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 January 2011, 02:26:51 »
oSK&r=Z9ilKwGij%LNI!=smGa=Ex1JXA,Hq^(;JuAB[Q&$9~8W
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 05:37:29 by PikachuDX »

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 January 2011, 14:58:44 »
The XRGB devices would let me use any VGA monitor for sure, but they're also expensive. VERY expensive. Not that I can't afford them with $400 lying around, but I'm not entirely certain I want to drop that much just yet.

By comparison, the simple adapter I intend to construct will be a lot more affordable, but has the caveat of being designed around the XV29 Plus and other similar old monitors that accept 15 KHz RGB through a VGA port. If mine fails and I can't get another such monitor, it's useless.