Author Topic: 3d Model of Cherry Key Cap  (Read 3731 times)

Offline cyberphine

3d Model of Cherry Key Cap
« on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 09:49:18 »
Does anyone have a 3d model of a cherry keycap?  I want to play with some designs, etc...
Programmer, Skeptic, Overly Paranoid Tinkerer
\' or \'1\'=\'1 should be on a post-it note for devs
Keyboards:

Filco Tenkeyless Brown, BLT Series - 82 Key Backlit Illuminated Keyboard with Touchpad Black, IBM Model M, Logitech G15
Computer:
Core i7-920, 6GB OCz RAM, ASRock MotherBoard,1TB WD Hard Drive, 3 x Samsung BX2450
Want to play with:
Red Cherries, Blue Cherries, Clear Cherries, Topre, Choc Mini, HHKB, KBC Poker, Mini-Guru

Offline cyberphine

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 10:03:47 »
Also, does anyone know what the materials are for the keycaps?
Keyboards:

Filco Tenkeyless Brown, BLT Series - 82 Key Backlit Illuminated Keyboard with Touchpad Black, IBM Model M, Logitech G15
Computer:
Core i7-920, 6GB OCz RAM, ASRock MotherBoard,1TB WD Hard Drive, 3 x Samsung BX2450
Want to play with:
Red Cherries, Blue Cherries, Clear Cherries, Topre, Choc Mini, HHKB, KBC Poker, Mini-Guru

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 10:19:15 »
Cherry typically uses POM or PBT.  Many of the manufacturers these days are using POM and PBT instead of ABS and PVC, or at least they are offering the option like Ducky.

Offline cyberphine

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 10:21:20 »
Would ABS be a suitable option for high-end keyboards?
Keyboards:

Computer:
Want to play with:

Offline cyberphine

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 10:30:41 »
Quote from: ripster;282279
Theferenc thinks Geekhackers don't read the Wikis but I know that even OCN'rs can be trained to use the hyperlinked headings off the top of the page.

Think I'm being made fun of.  Not quite sure..   too many acronyms..   was that the equivalent to RTFM?

OCN?

Wow, regardless, great info ripster.  Thank you!  Might have a surprise in the upcoming weeks.  Tinkering here we go.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 January 2011, 10:33:39 by cyberphine »
Keyboards:

Computer:
Want to play with:

Offline theferenc

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 10:53:02 »
RTFM is reserved for those people who keep asking questions, over and over, when they could have just read the docs. I'm more than happy to help people, but will eventually stop answering their questions if they are in a wiki somewhere, and just point them there.

At some point, you have to help them help themselves. If politely pointing them at the documentation doesn't work, it's time to try shoving.

Oh, and in CS we often interpret RTFM as "Read the fine manual", which is significantly less rude. But also tongue in cheek.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline cyberphine

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 10:55:16 »
Realization of what double shot means.  Double shot = hard.  :(  This is definitely going to be harder than originally thought.  Should be fun trying though.  Wife might not like it.
Keyboards:

Computer:
Want to play with:

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 10:58:49 »
You'll be divorced in no time.  Depending how the settlement works out, you should have plenty of cash for keyboards.