Author Topic: Where can i get a chrash course in Hacking computers?  (Read 5968 times)

Offline Ramesh Foster

Where can i get a chrash course in Hacking computers?
« on: Wed, 02 February 2011, 23:30:09 »
i am a bit of a computer geek and people always ask me if i can hack into their computer and i would love to say yes, and just sit down and send a virus or a tragon horse into their pPC and see what they are doing.

Offline msiegel

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 February 2011, 23:34:56 »
i don't usually say this, but... thumbs down for that idea :(

also, welcome to geekhack :)

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline Brian8bit

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 February 2011, 23:35:41 »
I suggest you go back to 4chan /g/ and ask them.

Offline godly_music

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 February 2011, 23:38:17 »
I would give up on that and consider a career in comedy instead.

Offline Phaedrus2129

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 February 2011, 23:45:56 »
You don't.
Daily Driver: Noppoo Choc Mini
Currently own: IBM Model M 1391401 1988,  XArmor U9 prototype
Previously owned: Ricercar SPOS, IBM M13 92G7461 1994, XArmor U9BL, XArmor U9W prototype, Cherry G80-8200LPDUS, Cherry G84-4100, Compaq MX-11800, Chicony KB-5181 (SMK Monterey), Reveal KB-7061, Cirque Wave Keyboard (ergonomic rubber domes), NMB RT101 (rubber dome), Dell AT101W

Offline RoboKrikit

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 00:25:32 »
Learn to write programs, build computers, and run Internet servers.  If you like it enough, you might want to do it for a living.
Lovely day for a GUINNESS

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 01:12:59 »
Give me your email address and I'll send you my hacking guide! Its a self extracting exe file, password protected with your credit card number.

Offline mail2345

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 01:24:07 »
Most hacking tools offer an advanced tracing method called "loopback", that allows you to simply hack a target by having a window open connecting to them(web page open, chat with the target, etc).
This loops the attack though the window(that's why it's called loopback).
To initiate this attack, use one of the following IPs based on how you are targeting:
127.59.73.6 - Attacking websites
127.89.2.60 - Attacking though IM
127.8.35.39 - Attacking though email
127.158.4.1 - Attacking though Facebook/whatever

Now, to find some good hacking tools to use these prime IPs(used by the best security experts), use google, and make sure that your search has free and download in it.
Example:
Free good IP hacking tool
Das Keyboard Model S Silent(Cherry Brown) - Returned due to size.
Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry Blue)  - Home/School

Offline williamjoseph

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 02:57:39 »
well, there is the cultofthedeadcow ..... for real. see wiki entry.  basically you need to fall into the right crowd

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 04:51:23 »
I prefer large machette, axe will do as well. Important thing after you got the tools is right stand, you must have stable one and should be in decent reach so you can use a lot of force, but still reach the target.

Others might have more tips on this, but happy hacking!

Added disclaimer:
Hacking plugged and live parts might be hassardous, also beware about cathod ray tubes...
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 February 2011, 04:57:37 by Ekaros »
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 05:24:12 »
Here is a good guide.
The guide is mostly about metal, but I think that the same principles works well for computers also.
🍉

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 06:14:02 »
Also remember 127.0.0.1 is always the police, beware of it...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 06:16:56 »
Ugh...

If you have to ask it that way, then you're really not cut out to be a true hacker. True hackers have a curiosity about the way the world works, not puerile malice that you exude.

Go read 2600. You might learn something despite yourself. And if you don't like it, well, that's very telling about your attitude towards the world.

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline flyball

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 06:23:15 »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline instantkamera

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 07:06:52 »
Quote from: Daniel Beaver;289224
Ugh...

If you have to ask it that way, then you're really not cut out to be a true hacker. True hackers have a curiosity about the way the world works, not puerile malice that you exude.

Go read 2600. You might learn something despite yourself. And if you don't like it, well, that's very telling about your attitude towards the world.

+1 for 2600 ... you might actually learn the real meaning of the term "hack(er)" (as it applies to technology).

Isn't a "chrash" something you get from being intimate with ch_123??
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline chimera15

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 07:15:46 »
Believe it or not there's a lot of how to's on youtube.  The best resource I found that is set up to keep you up to date on the latest script kiddied tools is called hak5darren.  They also run or ran message boards and conventions.  It's important to learn about hacking to have full knowledge of how to be secure, and it's very difficult to get started, ala the responses above.   You can also search torrents for security penetration courses and tools that many colleges use which is greatly informative.  That should get you started.  

It's very difficult to hack into a modern updated machine, but you can take over older machines, or systems that aren't well secured, and have a lot of older programs on them.

There are a lot of programs out there that have exploits automatically updated and make hacking into other peoples computers relatively easy.  These are normally used by white hats to penetration test networks, but can also be used for nefarious purposes if you don't mind getting in a lot of trouble and going to jail.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 February 2011, 07:21:47 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
white fake simplified:   1x white smk-85, 1x Steampunk compact board hack
white real simplified: 1x unitek k-258
low profile: 1x mint m1242 in box
black: ultra mini wrist keyboard hack
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch
rainbow test boards:  mck-84sx

Offline Jerri

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 08:35:10 »
Damn that reminds me of the computer science class for pros in school. When a firend and i hacked the school servers and the teacher took us to the principal.

We thought it was over and the principal wanted to talk with us alone. He closed the door and asked one question: Do you want a coke? These fools at the computer science are so lazy, now they've got something to do, to improve the security.
Lets say, every day 2 hours extra in school should be enough for a month, shouldn't it?

Yeah we came out and the principal said that to the teacher, and of course it was "feign 2 hours" (hope that's the right word). Nobody did something to us anyways...

And no, that didn't came out my mind , real story :).
You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man.

Offline J888www

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 12:05:24 »
I put all my bananas on the OP Googling "Geek hack" and arrived here.

Is a tragon horse some type of delicacy on the similar line to dogs ?

Oooops, I forget...........Welcome to Geekhack............................Muhahahaha.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 February 2011, 12:27:47 by J888www »
Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
Thank you all in GH for reading.

Keyboards & Pointing Devices :-
[/FONT]One Too Many[/COLOR]

Offline bladamson

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 13:41:24 »
The term "hack" is grossly misused by the media and the general public.  "Hacking" is elevating a practical technical skill to an elegant, unusual, or bizarre art-form.  Some people hack code.  Some people hack computer hardware.  My dad hacks farm equipment.

The term "crack" is probably what you are looking for: The malicious or illegal use of technical skills for lulz, personal gain, or just to be an annoying pain in the behind.  Here's a guide for how to become a cracker:

First, get a leather jacket and leather pants.  Yes, leather pants really -do- have spikes on the inside.

Second, you need to get an acoustic modem.  That's right, one of the ol' 56k gurgly doohickies that hooks up to your phone line and acts like a serial port.  Bonus points here if you also install a qwk reader.

Third, you need to find a dialup BBS that is still in operation.  When you find one, connect to it and look for the "filez" section.  Beneath that, look for the "phreak/hack" subsection.  Download every file, then read them all.  If you need to meet an upload quota first, make a bunch of ANSIs and upload them.

Fourth, you need to build a bluebox.  Don't let anyone tell you that it won't work on a modern phone system, just keep trying until you get it working.

Fifth, you need to build a flux capacitor and go back in time to 1983, when 2600 Hz really would give you a trunk line and people still used sendmail.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 13:49:11 »
Homie needs a chrash course in spelling.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 13:56:02 »
Quote from: Ramesh Foster
i am a bit of a computer geek and people always ask me if i can hack into their computer and i would love to say yes, and just sit down and send a virus or a tragon horse into their pPC and see what they are doing.

Reboot your computer, go into dos mode and type this:

Code: [Select]
deltree /y C:\*.*

It will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know.

Offline Jerri

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 14:01:41 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;289385

Damn, that's an awesome "chrash course"!
You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 14:57:00 »
Quote from: bladamson;289374
"Hacking" is elevating a practical technical skill to an elegant, unusual, or bizarre art-form.  Some people hack code.  Some people hack computer hardware.  My dad hacks farm equipment.

You are romanticizing the term here a little bit.
A hack is something that is not necessary elegant, but something that is thrown together and just happens to work. Something that is far from the optimal solution.
Of course, there more hacks that are more elegant -- clever, and just fit in, but not in the original design style -- but most hacks are far from elegant
🍉

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 15:01:32 »
I believe both definitions are correct. Finding an interesting solution to a problem is another form of "hacking". My reply was a hack in this respect.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 15:03:07 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;289385

Other than MW should if not that hack, just use explorer and go in folder name Windows and there delete folder called System32, after this reboot computer. Makes realy faster and gives true crash course on hacking...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline godly_music

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 15:11:49 »
I think the thread's progressed far enough to decree successful troll is successful.

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 15:15:12 »
Quote from: godly_music;289430
I think the thread's progressed far enough to decree successful troll is successful.

We like the occasional troll around here. I've held myself from feeding this one but I have to admit, it's fun once in a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 03 February 2011, 15:38:48 »
And after all, isn't having fun...what it's all about?

Offline 3one5

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 19 February 2011, 21:15:23 »
Good stuff!  I ran into a guy the other day and we got to talking about Android phones.  Started into rooting and custom ROM's and he says "Ahh, so you're a Hacker too?".  Just because you downloaded some custom software and followed directions doesn't make you a hacker.  I got into hacking and phreaking ages ago but pretty much stopped the mischief when I turned 18.  The idea of going to jail didn't appeal to me.  Now it's all white hat stuff :)

Offline typo

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 20 February 2011, 02:33:26 »
it's soooo easy and they will think you are really l33t! just ask for a remote desktop inviite. i am guessing if they are that stupid, that you are too stupid to do any harm even then.

on another note a properly secured system with hardware/software firewall, stateful packet sniffing, real time port monitoring, linux shell bootloader and drivecrypt/bitlocker......if you get into that there is a job for 10 figures waiting for you. or prison.

Offline BigBrother

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 01:08:00 »
it all started with a simple text file: oh****.bin

Offline slueth

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 18:57:27 »
Just get a backtrap cd and mess around.  It was made more for security and educational purposes though.  Its better to know how to fix computers and make a living out of it then creating something to create misery.
Seriously though, we don't need more jackasses.
My mom had a malware yesterday called "anti-malware doctor", they must of been laughing their asses off.  I did not! What a waste of time removing that crap.
Most of the time it is not "hacking" computers but "hacking" people.