Author Topic: WANTED!!! Apple M0116  (Read 6293 times)

Offline Jim66

• Trade Count: (0)
WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 14:24:56 »
Hi all,

I'm currently using a rather old battered M0116, I swapped the switches for some cream dampened ALPS; I love it typing on it, I love the layout; yet something makes me unhappy...

It is in a rather bad cosmetic state! Every time I look at it, it reminds me how crappy it looks.

So... I'm looking for something which is in this nice condition:

I remember a bloke on here bought a lovely example a couple of months ago..

Does anyone have one? Must be good condition. Cash waiting.

Thanks guys.

James.

Offline DaemonRaccoon

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 15:42:28 »
Wish I could help, all I have is an M0487 (capacitive membrane) and an M2980 (rubber dome w/ sliders). I think the keys from the M2980 might be Alps compatible. So there's that.
122-Key Model F 6110345 1985-03-01 | Model M SSK 1391472 1991-01-22 | Rosewill RK-9000 v1 | KBC Poker X | Filco FKBN87M/PWE2

Offline False_Dmitry_II

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 16:14:55 »
What did you do with its original switches?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline Jim66

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 16:23:02 »
Quote from: False_Dmitry_II;305136
What did you do with its original switches?

They are pink ALPS and they are set in a little jar in my draw. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them? I can't say I really liked typing on them, they are too noisy.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 16:36:42 »
Blasphemer.

I'd probably want them, but I don't know how bad shipping would be from the UK.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline PRISONER 24601

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 23:09:52 »
I could sell you my personal M0116 'cause I don't use it very often. The case is yellowed, but otherwise it's in great shape. I'm in the American west, though, and shipping is bound to be a *****. Oh well, PM me if you're interested.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
G80-3000LSCRC-2 (MX), "Ricercar" G86-6241OEUAGSA (MX), MX11800 (MX), AEKII (ALPS), AEK (ALPS) Apple Keyboard A9M0330 (ALPS), IBM Model F XT (Bucking Spring), IBM Space Saver 1391472 (Bucking Spring).

Offline Keylamity

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 10:13:48 »
I have one, too, Dr. Jim.  It's yellowed, but it's yellowed very evenly for what it's worth.  And it's otherwise in terrific condition.  I had it wrapped up to sell on ebay one day and never got around to it.  Just plugged it into my Mac Classic (one of the old Macs I've collected).  Every key seems to type just fine and it's clean as a :whistle:

Now that I'm educated and a keyboard connoisseur I can say I'm surprised how great that keyboard sounds.  I took a couple vids and will try to post those for you too if you're interested.  So those are Alps?  I like  Alps.

Anyway, if you think buying from across the pond in Canader is acceptable and you'd like to see more pics and the vids, let me know here and I'll make those available for you.  Here are a few with some differing light levels.

Offline Keylamity

M0116 Movie
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 10:23:09 »
I just did a bit more side to side comparison with one of other Mac keyboards that came standard with the Classic and there's no comparison. This M0116 sounds like quality.  Here's a vid of the switches in action....that humming in the background is the grey coloured model Classic (bought it a couple years ago off eBay, mint in box) purring away.

Wish it matched the colour because it sounds great.

...rats...it won't upload.  But it sounds like this...."click click  clickclickclick    click click"

Offline False_Dmitry_II

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 14:53:15 »
@Keylamity, I don't know if you noticed, but he said he's using AEKII keyswitches in his because he likes the layout of the M0116 but not the sound because he felt they were too loud. AEKII are fairly quiet to begin with and then they're dampened.

Offline Jim66

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 06 March 2011, 05:08:47 »
Quote from: PRISONER 24601;305343
I could sell you my personal M0116 'cause I don't use it very often. The case is yellowed, but otherwise it's in great shape. I'm in the American west, though, and shipping is bound to be a *****. Oh well, PM me if you're interested.

Ok, thanks, I remember seeing pictures of this one before.

I have just bought one from ebay (it came with the computer). It looks in pretty good shape so I will have to see.

If it isn't I'll let you know, thanks again for the offer :).

Jim.

Offline Jim66

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 06 March 2011, 05:12:09 »
Quote from: Keylamity;305525
I have one, too, Dr. Jim.  It's yellowed, but it's yellowed very evenly for what it's worth.  And it's otherwise in terrific condition.  I had it wrapped up to sell on ebay one day and never got around to it.  Just plugged it into my Mac Classic (one of the old Macs I've collected).  Every key seems to type just fine and it's clean as a :whistle:

Now that I'm educated and a keyboard connoisseur I can say I'm surprised how great that keyboard sounds.  I took a couple vids and will try to post those for you too if you're interested.  So those are Alps?  I like  Alps.

Anyway, if you think buying from across the pond in Canader is acceptable and you'd like to see more pics and the vids, let me know here and I'll make those available for you.  Here are a few with some differing light levels.

Thanks for the pictures, it looks like a nice board. As I said, I have just bought one from ebay uk that looks to be in really good condition. I only really wanted the keyboard but it has come with the computer as well.

Fingers crossed, if it isn't, I'll let you know,

Thanks again for the offer.

Jim.

Offline Keylamity

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 06 March 2011, 10:42:38 »
Quote from: False_Dmitry_II;305686
@Keylamity, I don't know if you noticed, but he said he's using AEKII keyswitches in his because he likes the layout of the M0116 but not the sound because he felt they were too loud. AEKII are fairly quiet to begin with and then they're dampened.

Not only did I miss that, but that the pic item wasn't yellowed.  Sorry, just received my first Topre on Friday and my brain still isn't back to normal yet.:loco:

Offline Keylamity

WANTED!!! Apple M0116
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 06 March 2011, 10:45:41 »
Quote from: Dr.Jim;306075
Thanks for the pictures, it looks like a nice board. As I said, I have just bought one from ebay uk that looks to be in really good condition. I only really wanted the keyboard but it has come with the computer as well.

Fingers crossed, if it isn't, I'll let you know,

Thanks again for the offer.

Jim.

Yeah I saw that one, too.  Hope it's as pure as it looks.   I've decided I want to swap out this urine coloured board for a clean one with Alps....might even pull my old SE out of the box and set it up with a clean board.  I think a lot of SE's that come up for sale come with that board, that's where mine came from.