Author Topic: Looking for a new keyboard  (Read 1367 times)

Offline montanyes

Looking for a new keyboard
« on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 21:06:01 »
Hi everyone,

Here I am looking for a new keyboard and I would like to know what do you think about my thoughts.

I need a versatile keyboard, comfortable for long typing and gaming as well (WoW, Starcraft, etc). I have been reading your forums for some days and I am thinking that maybe the most suitable for me can be the Filco Majestouch, NKR, Click Action Keyboard (I guess this is the one with Brown Switches).

I looked up for trusted sellers and I guess "The keyboard Company" will be Ok as I live in Ireland.

Well, now begins the funniest part:

I am from Spain and therefore, I want my keyboard with the Spanish (ES) Layout. The UK design fits well the Spanish key distribution (105 Keys), as I like the "CR" key to be BIG. So, I am trying to find someone selling high quality keys for this keyboard with the Spanish Layout or at least, just the keys that I will need to replace. 22 keys if I counted well.

I thought about the Idea of buying the black keys with no layout and then the "ES" stickers but hell, I want my keyboard to be awesome, hehe.

Any clue and or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks for your patience.

Offline Armando Penblade

• http://thegeekery.org
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 21:56:21 »
Also, "Click" action is Blue switches; slightly more tactile feedback than the Browns, but also much more noise. "Tactile" action's the name Filcos give Browns.
Filco Majestouch 104-US, Metallic Blue, with Chery MX Blues  //  Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000, 104-US + Media Keys & Browser Controls  //  iRocks RF-6570 Cordless 104-US, 2.4GHz Wireless, White  //  SteelSeries 6Gv2 104-US, Black, with Cherry MX Blacks

Offline montanyes

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 04:54:01 »
Quote from: kalrykh;311865
Welcome to GeekHack.

Talk to Bruce at The Keyboard Co.  He may be able to snag a Spanish keycap kit for ya and put them on before sending you the board.

Sure. I will send him an eMail about this. I guess telling him I come from geekhack forum may make "things" easy?

Quote from: Armando Penblade;311874
Also, "Click" action is Blue switches; slightly more tactile feedback than the Browns, but also much more noise. "Tactile" action's the name Filcos give Browns.

I see I was wrong with that one, thanks for the info. Filco Majestouch, NKR, Tactile Action Keyboard then.

Offline montanyes

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 March 2011, 19:54:33 »
Yep,

I finally send an email to The Keyboard Company and Bruce itself answered my eMail.

They do not have Spanish keycaps for the Filco Magestouch, so bad.

Anyway, this Friday I will Order the UK keyboard.

I will try to talk with the guy is selling keycaps in this forum and see if Spanish keycaps for the Filco are still available.