Author Topic: What's available with danish layout?  (Read 3571 times)

Offline bladselleri

What's available with danish layout?
« on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 05:43:05 »
I need help with finding a nice mechanical in denmark, with danish layout. So far, i've found SteelSeries 6Gv2, Razer BlackWidow and Raptor Gaming K1. I can also get whatever keyboardco has to offer, but all they have in danish seems to be ordinary stuff.

Are there any options im missing? Can i get danish caps and do a swap without spending too much?
I'd very much like a topre or filco with browns or reds, but it seems that denmark is just too small to be an attractive market.

The only previous keyboards i've had and liked was razer lycosa and logitech illuminated. I figure that i'd like browns, reds and topre stuff based on that, but im open to suggestions. The keyboard will be used for ordinary home stuff, mostly gaming i guess. I'd like having Fn-mediakeys and as close to standard layout as possible. The only exception is going tenkeyless - it just looks sexy and i could learn to live without numpad. Illuminated keys are a plus in my book.

Sort of related question: Why is there no keyboards with the numpad on the left? After the mouse became standard, it would seem that someone would think to move it out of the way :S

Offline Culinia

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 06:13:34 »
Hello there, Filco Majestouch's are available from Keyboard Co but I am not sure if it is in Danish layout (says Swedish/Finnish, not sure if same). You can also head over to the group buy round 3 and buy a full set along with the Nordic kit which says it includes Denmark layout.

I have blues, great for typing, and fine for gaming in my eyes, although some disagree.

Also, you can remap keys to serve as function keys so that's no biggie. The Filco seems to be highly regarded as the keyboard choice in these forums, or so my observations leads me to believe so that would be a good choice.

And I agree with you on the numpad, although I have no answer to that lol

Offline Peter

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 06:22:00 »
So far, i've found SteelSeries 6Gv2, Razer BlackWidow and Raptor Gaming K1.
That's also pretty much it in Denmark.
If you don't like any of those, get a Swedish/Finish Filco or
anything you like with German layout, it's nearly identical to Danish,
except for that 'Y'-'Z' thing and 'Å' being a 'u' with umlauts..
You'll adjust to it quickly and you will have more options available .

BTW : You should absolutely check out that Raptor K1, there's a chance it has
the nice black Cherry doubleshots if it's with German layout !
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 March 2011, 06:25:07 by Peter »

Offline Howie

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 06:35:40 »
Check out the Zowie Celeritas. Comes with browns, and I am pretty sure you can get it with a Danish layout.

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 07:14:13 »
Quote from: Howie;314294
Check out the Zowie Celeritas. Comes with browns, and I am pretty sure you can get it with a Danish layout.

Yep, it comes in DK-layout...

Other than that and mentioned it's quite bad. As it is for most nordic-languages...
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline bladselleri

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 10:36:19 »
Quote from: Howie;314294

Quote from: Ekaros;314301
Yep, it comes in DK-layout...

Other than that and mentioned it's quite bad. As it is for most nordic-languages...

My general idea of the board is that its pretty bad, judging from the comments here. I left it out on purpose, writing it off as being too terrible to waste money on. I might be wrong though, i've never had my hands on it.

Quote from: Culinia;314290
Hello there, Filco Majestouch's are available from Keyboard Co but I am not sure if it is in Danish layout (says Swedish/Finnish, not sure if same). You can also head over to the group buy round 3 and buy a full set along with the Nordic kit which says it includes Denmark layout.

I have blues, great for typing, and fine for gaming in my eyes, although some disagree.

Also, you can remap keys to serve as function keys so that's no biggie. The Filco seems to be highly regarded as the keyboard choice in these forums, or so my observations leads me to believe so that would be a good choice.

And I agree with you on the numpad, although I have no answer to that lol

If i swapped the caps with danish ones on a german or sweedish, it would be the exact same thing as if it was a danish board to begin with, right? I'm assuming the board says "button 7854 is pressed" and the operating system turns this into "æ" or whatever.

Would it be possible to make the right "windows meny" key work like an Fn key with F5-F12 being media controls? Thats how my current logitech illuminated is set up and i kinda like it. I'd miss being able to leave foobar minimized :)

Offline bladselleri

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 10:45:40 »
Quote from: bladselleri;314280

Sort of related question: Why is there no keyboards with the numpad on the left? After the mouse became standard, it would seem that someone would think to move it out of the way :S

Just to answer myself, it turns out that someone actually did think of it, but they call it a "left handed keyboard" - not the first thing i would have searched for though:
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=484

Offline Peter

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 05:18:37 »
Quote from: bladselleri;314353
If i swapped the caps with danish ones on a german or sweedish, it would be the exact same thing as if it was a danish board to begin with, right? I'm assuming the board says "button 7854 is pressed" and the operating system turns this into "æ" or whatever.
Exactly ..

Quote from: bladselleri;314353
Would it be possible to make the right "windows meny" key work like an Fn key with F5-F12 being media controls? Thats how my current logitech illuminated is set up and i kinda like it. I'd miss being able to leave foobar minimized :)
You can do that with software (autohotkey, sharpkey etc) ..
IMO it's better if the keyboard has mediakeys like steelseries does .
Steelseries are nice boards, especially considering the relatively low price you can get them for in Denmark,
I have a 6gv2 and am quite pleased with it,only real issue I have is the BIGASS-enter key and the physical layout resulting,
that makes changing keycaps a bit more challenging than a ANSI or ISO-board ..
But in Denmark a steelseries 6gv2 costs less than half of what importing a Filco does, so I can live with it .
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2011, 05:21:05 by Peter »

Offline bladselleri

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 16:09:45 »
Quote from: Peter;314682
Exactly ..

You can do that with software (autohotkey, sharpkey etc) ..
IMO it's better if the keyboard has mediakeys like steelseries does .
Steelseries are nice boards, especially considering the relatively low price you can get them for in Denmark,
I have a 6gv2 and am quite pleased with it,only real issue I have is the BIGASS-enter key and the physical layout resulting,
that makes changing keycaps a bit more challenging than a ANSI or ISO-board ..
But in Denmark a steelseries 6gv2 costs less than half of what importing a Filco does, so I can live with it .

I dont think im going to do any button swapping, but the layout would probably drive me insane.

I havnt found anything in denmark besides blackwidow, raptor k1 and 6gv2, and even if i got blackwidow ultimate, a filco would be more expensive. Besides, i'd have to get proper replacement keys on top of that and i dont even know where i'd look for those.
I pretty much have to go for the blackwidow, since the alternatives have odd layouts... So i hope i like blue switches. I really really hope i do... or i will end up getting another board.. and then another.. and then ill sell the house and live in a mechanical keyboard fort.