Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Review  (Read 2044 times)

Offline takasta

HHKB Pro 2 Review
« on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 11:09:33 »
HHKB Pro 2 Review vs Realforce 103UB vs Tenkeyless.

It's a very general review I did on an amazing keyboard which i've dreamed of owning for the past 3 years. Finally, i'm a proud owner of one! haha.

Here's the link to my vid thanks! Not the most professional review, but pretty straight forward. Includes test typing of sound at 4:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icE-d5GZrrE
Cherry MX Blue DAS III, FKBN87MC/CB
Cherry MX Brown FKB104M/EB
Topre Capacitative Realforce UB103

Offline colbabe

HHKB Pro 2 Review
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 12:37:06 »
I watched your video and have couple questions:

First, good work on your video.  Straightforward and to the point.

Here I go.  I always wanted to own a Topre, but instead purchased a Filco 104/bown/Majestouch.  I use my up/down arrows lots - how do you get around this?  And, I would like to talk further regarding the actual "touch" versus the Filco.  Do you feel it's less pressure on your fingers overall using the HHK Pro, and can type faster?

Though I like my Filco my fingers experience fatigue after a few hours constant typing.  I appreciate hearing back.

Thanks so much.

Colbabe

P.S:  Need to increase my productivity ...bottom line!!

Offline panda-R

HHKB Pro 2 Review
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 12:43:58 »
can't wait for the HHKB3!
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline takasta

HHKB Pro 2 Review
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 21:26:36 »
I definitely feel like typing on topre keyboards is less fatiguing than on other key switches. That's just personal preference. If you use the arrow keys alot, there's no way to get around using the function key on the hhkb pro 2. On the lite version however, those keys are maintained which are pretty nice! It rebounds much quicker and has a very nice accentuate feeling. Very hard to describe but definitley prefer them over cherrys! Although the cherry reds are very appealing as well
Cherry MX Blue DAS III, FKBN87MC/CB
Cherry MX Brown FKB104M/EB
Topre Capacitative Realforce UB103

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
HHKB Pro 2 Review
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 21:49:53 »
Great job on the review!  First I thought it was a video comparison of all 3 (with sound from 3 different keyboards), not just a slide show. =P

I might get the HHKB2 next since I have a thing for small keyboards. lol
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline colbabe

HHKB Pro 2 Review
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 10:26:13 »
Gotcha!  Exactly what I needed to hear.

What price did you pay if I may ask or where can I get the best deal?  This will surely be my last keyboard purchase.  I am so excited to get my hands on!!

Col :-)

**most use the MS Elite at my office but I am not a fan - it actually slows me down not to mention causes pain. However, being objective, I did not start my typing years on an MS; this could have or not made a difference.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2011, 10:34:10 by colbabe »