Author Topic: Waiting for Filcos on Amazon?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline HighNoon

Waiting for Filcos on Amazon?
« on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 17:40:12 »
Hi all,

A few weeks ago I got bit by the keyboard bug and ever since I've been lurking hardcore on GH. About 2 weeks ago I noticed The Keyboard Co/Keyboard Co UK were selling a few different models of Filco boards on Amazon US. When I check now, there is only one (http://www.amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-2-NKR-ASCII-Switch/dp/B004OX4HWG/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1300574124&sr=8-18).

Because of the uncertainty and the fact that I had a few Amazon gift cards lying around I decided to buy a Razer Blackwidow (non-ultimate). I like it quite a bit so far, but I'm interested in trying a more "classic" keyboard like a Filco.

So I have a couple of questions:
1) What is the difference between the Filco Majestouch 1 and 2?
2) Does a Filco feel that much different/better than the BlackWidow?
3) Is there any way to find out when Keyboard Co will start selling Filco's on Amazon again?

Thank you so much!

Offline strum4h

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 17:51:28 »
Welcome! I am also a new member. I got a filco tenkeyless with mx browns from amazon and it is fantastic. I love the extra desk space with a tenkeyless. Just make sure to research into what keyboard would be best for you. Filco has amazing quality though. Also you might be able to email keyboard co about when they are going to have them again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Filco Tenkeyless with Browns  - SIIG minitouch GHSS

Offline daageep

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 18:28:04 »
I had a blackwidow for two weeks. The keycaps felt kind of loose compared to my Archiss/Leopold with cherry browns. I immediately noticed a difference in the sturdiness of the keycaps when I got the Leopold. Other than that, the blackwidow has cherry blues, and it probably feels the same as other boards with cherry blues. Overall, it is a good board.

Offline Seriously

• Filco forever
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 23:32:25 »
To answer your first question,
Quote from: reaper~;314590
New PCB design.

(I just posted the same question earlier, aha~)

As for the third, I dunno, but you can find them (him?) in the geekhack marketplace. TheKeyboardCo is one of the subforums.

WASD CODE 104 - Filco Majestouch 2 - Filco Majestouch - Filco Majestouch 2 - Realforce 87UW 45G
Reserves: Filco Minila - KBtalking Pure Pro