Author Topic: Question on Amazon.com Filco availability  (Read 2534 times)

Offline spicy61

Question on Amazon.com Filco availability
« on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 20:07:52 »
Hey guys. I signed up several weeks ago on this site and just been prowling quietly. I would like to say that this is the best looking forum (the greys with orange look) I have seen, and I'm actively registered on several forums.

I have a quick question. I have been monitoring Amazon lately and their Filco offerings. I notice that availability comes and goes on different tenkeyless models. My question is has Filco otaku tenkeyless cherry blues ever been offered on Amazon.com? And if so, what is the going rate? Non-otaku tenkeyless are going for $140 from what I've seen (unless you get the reds).

I appreciate your help!

Offline Engine

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 20:59:09 »
I noticed that Amazon has some Filcos in stock again.  Except for the shipping issues, I'm seriously thinking of getting the Red full sized kb.  How do feel about their shipping practices?  Is it worth buying a board from them?  I've read on a GH review on a particualr Filco from them and it came to someone's home(can't remember now) a little messed up.  Can't remember how.
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:01:54 »
I signed  up with their free trial Prime account and  got 2 days shipping for free on a tenkeyless with red switches.  The packing was good and the keyboard arrived in perfect condition so yeah..  go for it.

Now I just have to remember to cancel Prime or otherwise, I'll have to shell out $79.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:04:40 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Engine

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:04:11 »
I take it then, that you're NOT recommending them?
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:06:36 by Engine »
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline Brummell

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:12:29 »
I have a couple of Filcos from Amazon that were packed in a ridiculously large box full of paper and airbags.  Mine arrived in perfect condition.
Unicomp Space Saver | Filco Majestouch Blue | IBM Model M | Filco Majestouch Brown | Realforce 86UB | Leopold Blue | HHKB Pro 2

Offline cerhem293

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:17:18 »
Amazon has terrible packing practices.  I received my tenkeyless reds in a huge box with two bags of air that probably did nothing to protect the keyboard.  But they're pretty good about issues with shipping (damaged products, etc...) and I can't really complain about the free 2-day shipping with Amazon prime.

Maybe they should be more like Newegg and stuff 5 pounds of packing paper into every box.
:twitch:

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:20:42 »
B&H rules... the air bags not so much.

If Amazon f's it up on you they'll pay for whatever you need to make it right:  return shipping, replacement board shipped back to you...   they will make it right, although you may have to ***** a little to get it to happen.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Engine

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:21:55 »
I wondering about Reds from them because EK doesnt' have one yet.  Did he offer Filco Reds before and if he did, do you suppose he will also offer Leo Reds?
In order of purchase:

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:22:00 »
Quote from: ripster;318697
Newegg is EVEN AWESOMER!

After many discussions with Emily about  Advance RMAs I told my wife that we may have to divorce.

Does Emily deliver?  ;)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline DarthBaiter

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:27:08 »
Quote from: cerhem293;318695
Maybe they should be more like Newegg and stuff 5 pounds of packing paper into every box.

Yeah, but the 5lbs of deli paper is usually sitting on top of the mother board or graphics card.   :D
"GERONIMO E.K.I.A."

"Fluke...I\'m yo faddah....come join me on the Dockside...."

Offline cerhem293

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:39:51 »
Quote from: ripster;318697
Newegg is EVEN AWESOMER!

After many discussions with Emily about  Advance RMAs I told my wife that we may have to divorce.

I would've rather gotten the $25 gift card that Microcenter's giving out.  But 1 day shipping is cool too.  Girl sounded pretty hot, but she knew nothing about motherboards.
:twitch:

Offline phillip

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 21:40:27 »
i've ordered from amazon several hundred times and their packaging is always ****ty, but i've never had an item damaged so whatever

Offline spicy61

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 22:03:55 »
well thanks for the replies guys. almost all the replies are off topic about shipping lol but i appreciate the bumps! i will take a look at that wiki now.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 23:31:07 »
Well, the answer re: Amazon, no.
As for cost, you missed the EK clearance in the classifieds by ~3 days.  They dumped their last 3 cherry blue otaku's for 110-120 plus ~15 ship.
Can't find the otaku on armygroup, so no idea what importing one will cost you.  it's ~160 to get a normal blue MX tenkeyless tho.

PS - you'll get used to the chatty nature of things.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT